What is most important to you in Ep2?

Hmmm, I agree with just evolving story, and the functional car bit. I would not agree about the weapons however...

It would be nice to see SOME new weapons, not a lot, and not from earth. If there's anyway to get 'new' weapons, bring back tho old ones... Wait, they did most of that... except that Grenade launcher from HL1.

I think it would be great if they combined human weapons with combine, a "mixture" of technology to add a little originality. That's just my opinion. Probably a bad idea.

Not really, they made synths of EVERYTHING else after all... I'd actually like to see a Pulse Rifle AK!

I believe Alyx won't fall, I've said it beofre, she's too great a character. But it would be interesting to see just what happens to her.

Valves playing with us using their trailers. If she hangs near death at the rail and the next scene is a Vortigaunt holding her "lifeless" body everybody seem to assume that she fell. If she plunged down at that hight she would've got every bone in her body crushed and her whole body filled with lacerations and bruises. But ATM, we can't actually tell what happens

Exactly, I knew that from the when I first saw the trailer, Valve are good at this, expect people to automatically assume Alyx falls to a possible death. The two events will most likely be far apart from each other.

It would still be nice to see what happens... I saw a trailer, and the Gman says "you shouldn't be here...", doesn't that sound like something a person might say before re-encarnating someone?

It would still be nice to see what happens... I saw a trailer, and the Gman says "you shouldn't be here...", doesn't that sound like something a person might say before re-encarnating someone?

You think the Gman will reincarnate her? For good or for evil?

You think the Gman will reincarnate her? For good or for evil?

We don't know what his intentions are in that scene. But I think it's a way for G-Man to make Gordon as his pawn again, taking controll over a person that Gordon is close to. But he still says You are not supposed to be here. Forget about all this.., which suggests that hes not pleased with Gordon still walking earth. This is not Gordons intended mission. Will G-Man use Alyx as a bait to get Gordon back in stasis? Fact is that the three of them are in that stasis chamber in that trailer, which still makes no sense at this point..

I think it would be great if they combined human weapons with combine, a "mixture" of technology to add a little originality. That's just my opinion. Probably a bad idea.
You mean like the pulse rifle?

First off all, I would like to see more story and info about the characters, (Gman) and what the "secret message" is. Also better A.I.:angel:

We don't know what his intentions are in that scene. But I think it's a way for G-Man to make Gordon as his pawn again, taking controll over a person that Gordon is close to. But he still says You are not supposed to be here. Forget about all this.., which suggests that hes not pleased with Gordon still walking earth. This is not Gordons intended mission. Will G-Man use Alyx as a bait to get Gordon back in stasis? Fact is that the three of them are in that stasis chamber in that trailer, which still makes no sense at this point..

Original line was this:

"Cleverly done Mr. Freeman, but you're not supposed to be here, as a matter of fact, your not. Get back where you belong and forget about all this, until, we meet, agaiiiiiinnnn...."

Yes, from the leak Hazard Course. Quite an interesting level but it wouldn't fit anywhere in the finished HL2.

I can't wait to see D0g rip the underside out of that strider.

I would truly LOVE to see Dog uproot a tree, and use it as a proverbial fly swatter! :naughty:

now that would make my day! :E

What kind of aliens? What would they bring to the story? Some random aliens who suddenly comes from nowhere is just stupid. It's better to evolve the existing story with the existing enemies.

maybe large beasts that live in the woods? I wonder if headcrabs can take over animals too

I wonder if headcrabs can take over animals too
Well, other animals are basicly very, very similar to us. Plus headcrabs clearly don't need a human or human-like brain to control the host through, Zombines don't even have brains.

Headcrabs doesn't need brains, all they need is access to the spinal cord. Also, as far as we've seen, they can only attach themselves to humanoids.

EDIT: I don't know if this have been mentioned earlier, but a headcrabed vortigaunt wouldn't be such a bad idea.

i would like that beer that barney owes me... so i can throw it at kleiner that HEV suit he gave me was a little tight around the groin area... and now im all chafed..

nahh seriously i think what i want most in EP2 is for it to be longer and keep telling the great story that their telling...

Peripheral vision is for n00bs :p

Heh, yeah. But a pulse rifle that doesn't scatter every where, although it does a good deal of damage, but the missing shots piss me off

:sniper:--==<:::::: the bullets go everywhere.

Oh hellz yes, I'd like to see how it looks after the combine have cleared through it, because I'm pretty sure they had to go through there in order to get to Earth

Heh, yeah. But a pulse rifle that doesn't scatter every where, although it does a good deal of damage, but the missing shots piss me off

:sniper:--==<:::::: the bullets go everywhere.

Dude, that bit is actually realistic. You try firing an assault rifle at full auto, and actually hit anything.

Dude, that bit is actually realistic. You try firing an assault rifle at full auto, and actually hit anything.

Realistic yes, but it scatters a bit more than other guns, ie. the SMG which does little damage.

Proboaly not in Episode 2, but Episode 3 is a strong possibility.

Who knows, Kleiner and Eli are in the old Missile Silo that is similar to the rocket-launch place in HL1, so maybe you would get in and fly to Xen :D Woods can get boring also, but there will be much more stuff to explore for sure.

Actually, I have a confession, quite often, when the pulse rifle fires, it bursts, blocking my view, so I assumed the hunterchopper's gun was the same... It's not because I saw the pulserifle firing again, and it was actually rather fine, even over a long range... I'm sorry I lied...

Umm, I'm pretty sure Xen is in another dimension, so unless Eli and Kleiner have an interdimensional rocket :S

I don`t think we will see Xen again.

Most important?
Story and atmosphere

Personally, i think returning to xen is on the same scope as brining back shepherd, and gordon being the gman...

It's all depend on HOW they brought back XEN and what we'd see, I don't want to see the same stuff, I want to see if the combine have found it yet, and if so, what they've done with it.

The Combine haven't found it yet, and yeah i would definitely like to go back there.

Also now that we are finally out of the city and in the wilderness we should see much more alien fauna. If antlions, zombies and headcrabs are the only creatures we'll see out there in Ep2 then I'll be very disappointed. I would definitely like to see some of the old HL1 aliens returning, but completely new ones would be fine as well.

for me, it would just be having it. as well as the hunters being cool and stuff.

Also now that we are finally out of the city and in the wilderness we should see much more alien fauna. If antlions, zombies and headcrabs are the only creatures we'll see out there in Ep2 then I'll be very disappointed. I would definitely like to see some of the old HL1 aliens returning, but completely new ones would be fine as well.

Agreed.

Yeah and while they are at they should give Freeman a brand custom made jet fighter followed by a tank of some sort...

Enough with the indiscriminate sarcasm already. How many vehicles have you seen littered around City-17? Don't you think that even ONE of them might be working? I'm really trying to restrain myself here you twat.

How fortunate that Valve doesn't take crap advice from anyone:p

When playing HL2, did you see a functional car of any kind (not counting the buggy)? How could you expect a Jeep or Landrover to even exist 20 years after the Combine invasion. All human industry and economy has collapsed a long time ago, and therefore a "luxury" terrain car would be very unrealistic.

What kind of aliens? What would they bring to the story? Some random aliens who suddenly comes from nowhere is just stupid. It's better to evolve the existing story with the existing enemies.

Same goes for weapons. Why the hell would anyone want a new set of weapons? Sure it might be interesting for a while, but this really isn't Serious Sam. EP2 takes of where EP1 ended, and to suddenly acquire a new set of weapons wouldn't make any sense at all.

If you want big-ass-weapons and an overflow of gore, play Quake 4, Doom 3 or SS. If you want a good story, play HL2.

Well H-L 1 was much more weapon orientated than H-L 2 is. When I picked up a game called H-L 2 I would expect it to be at least slighty similar to H-L 1 :rolleyes:

It is, in essence, an entirely different game. Apart from the headcrabs, the barnacles, the vortigaunts, and... um... i think that's it. Oh, and the shooting. Don't forget the shooting.

Back