What is the meaning of your forum name?

See, you never have this damn 6char problem. You can just sign off! Damn you!

Samon said:
Erm, nothing, generally. The first person to say "Salmon" or "fish" will be perma banned.
All hail HIGH LORD SAMON!

How do you pronounce it? In my head it's always been say(as in what you do when you talk)-mon(like pokémon or how Jamacans say it)

My name orginally came from the Character in Quake 3. I liked the look of the guy but i did some research on him.
Theres a million cool stories that relate with Uriel found here

Chrysalid said:
My nickname was a creature @ UFO Enemy Unknown from 1994. It's still one of my all-time favourite games. The Chryssalid ( notice that I dropped one 's' when I started using this nick years ago ) was a nasty son of a bitch with an exoskeleton, sneaking around and stabbing people with its sharp claws. The victim turns into a zombie and eventually a new Chryssalid is born :p

And still, I haven't used any other nicks.

****ing hated those, worst enemy, Etherals are a close second.

And its my name, then my name again backwards.

Simon + nomiS

Took out 1 n because I thought it looked better. Some people don't notice its a palindrome for ages. :-/

And I ****ing hate being called "Simmons" in games where people are either too thick to type my name properly, or don't realise its easier to just call me "Si" or "Simon".

Pronounced; Si-mun-om-iss not Si-mono-mis.

SimonomiS said:
****ing hated those, worst enemy, Etherals are a close second.

And its my name, then my name again backwards.

Simon + nomiS

Took out 1 n because I thought it looked better. Some people don't notice its a palindrome for ages. :-/

And I ****ing hate being called "Simmons" in games where people are either too thick to type my name properly, or don't realise its easier to just call me "Si" or "Simon".

Pronounced; Si-mun-om-iss not Si-mono-mis.

Simon Nomis.

I've always pronounced it similiar to the word Synonymous. Of course with out the N... so yeah, guess I was right!

Jocky 68= its just what ive always used for playing online being scottish and all. The 68 is because it said someone else is using this name on alot of games so i always use it now.

Jingle Jangle Jingle Jangle Jingle Jangle Jingle Jangle Jingle Jangle Jingle Jangle

Name of a song by The Mad Capsule Markets

I enjoy my crazy japanese electro punk rockl :D

Well, lets see. Canadian = my nationality. Gunner = my nickname in games and often in real life. Its a dirivitive of my last name.

en·nui (n) - Listlessness and dissatisfaction resulting from lack of interest; boredom.

Got tired of Audiophile and Satyagraha so I picked a new one, I think I just saw the word and thought it was cool, then decided to start using it - I found out the definition afterwards, but it does apply (somewhat).

My name is taken directly from a boss in Smash TV, an older aracade game that doesn't get alot of credit and most would say doesn't deserve it either :E
I think it just works as a nick, especially when bellowed in a deep voice! The avatar is him too, animated from screenshots by myself.

Raziaar said:
OMG!!! Destroy teh evil defective bell!

My nicknames Guil but for some reason i put Gui!, at the time i thought it was cool

(Ennui) It's one of those French words that we use in English because we don't have any one word that quite describes the same thing.

Mine's a RL nickname and I'm gonna stick with this.

Past online handles included (more or less in this order):

Rogue (Quake, Duke Nukem), Wraith (Quake, Duke Nukem, Red Alert, Shadow Warrior), Master Disaster (Quake, Red Alert; for about 1 week of fame, and the rest of my left spent in shame!), SuperNova (HLDM, TFC, CS; also VauxhallNova, TheyThinkItsAllNova, Nova), Fi5iK (CS), Kobayashi (CS, NS; also shortened to Koba). When I'm intoxicated in one way or another I double as LeetehMcLeetzor and other stupid handles. Apart from that last one you can see a trend in non-clichéd/asshole names as I got a little older.

I've been assaulted with "Vegetable" so long that I no longer know what my name means.

WHO AM I!?

vegeta897 said:
I've been assaulted with "Vegetable" so long that I no longer know what my name means.

WHO AM I!?

Vegetable

to me at least

vegeta897 said:

WHO AM I!?
GALLET GUN ATTACK!

bryan (my first name) f stands for my last, and 445 is my street address

Anti-Antoine

Antoine being my name. I only took it because it's easy to remember and usually sounds good in french.

Not to mention some bst already took "Crispy". Never see 'em post though :hmph:

[Edit] There is currently no "Crispy". The account must have been deleted. So can I have that nick without re-registering?

Past handles I've had are Zaragopha, and Dyntrall, and at one point or another, Ishturru, and Rarelis Velodran. I had one other name, but I can't really remember it properly.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Past handles I've had are Zaragopha, and Dyntrall, and at one point or another, Ishturru, and Rarelis Velodran. I had one other name, but I can't really remember it properly.

-Angry Lawyer

what ever happened to choosing names like Bob or Sam or even Bill? ...but NOOOOOO you just had to be different :cheese:

My forum name is my online alias that I've used for at least 4 or 5 years. TFC, CS, BF1942, UT2k3(4), the works. It doesn't stand for anything at all. My initials aren't EC (they're RAB) and I don't have an explaination for why those two letters were picked.
Basically, it's just one of those random names that you try, and it sticks.

ríomhaire said:
All hail HIGH LORD SAMON!

How do you pronounce it? In my head it's always been say(as in what you do when you talk)-mon(like pokémon or how Jamacans say it)

Correctamondo!!!!!

Say mon.

I always pronounce it to be Sah-mon. Say-mon requires some sort of accent on the A, I think.

-Angry Lawyer

CptStern said:
what ever happened to choosing names like Bob or Sam or even Bill? ...but NOOOOOO you just had to be different :cheese:
I used to do a lot of roleplaying in Ultima Online.

ZOMG DOUBLEPOST MADNESS!

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
I always pronounce it to be Sah-mon. Say-mon requires some sort of accent on the A, I think.

-Angry Lawyer
Probably. Get it cahnged to Sámon. Then we'll be fada, circumflex or whatever the hell you want to call it brothers.

Angry Lawyer said:

-Angry Lawyer

Mmm, thats true.

ZOMG LAWYER U DOUBLE POSTER!!111ONE :O

In the great book "Something Wicked This Way Comes" there's a character called Jim Nightshade. My first name is Jeff, and I loved that character, so I just put it as JNightshade. Nuff said.

im sure youre all dieing to know why i have such a boring name. there is an easy explanation:

i got to the university of pittsburgh and they assign us an account name, a name that i use pretty much everywhere because its easy. kaf are my initials, and i assume that i am the 11th kaf who was at my location. why i used it here instead of something creative is also easy. long before i started posting here i lurked. i signed up just to see everything, and used my standard screen name. once i got caught up in the community i didnt want to change it, so it stuck. and that explains why youre all stuck calling me "kaf" in multiplayer games.

Back in the day I was maxmon, now i'm special max... special=I am special

max=mah naem.

Back