What just pisses me the @#$% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absinthe
thank you for speaking intelligently to me

The difference is another issue....video game addiction :-/
In all seriousness, I, like everyone here, NEEDS to play these games.

I have absolutely no problem waiting for these products...but is it so much to ask for to have them keep me up to date ?

You're right, we'll unfortunately never know, and a number of people don't care ebough about it to even question it anyways.

thanks again

p.s. - do you know of any other good artists that I might not be aware of if I thoroughly enjoy Aphex, Autechre, BOC, Plaid, Four Tet and Squarepusher?

Bio said:
Dumb ass, why do you even bother.

i'll tell u why..

common sense is not all that common :)
does that make sense? :p

devvingiorgio, go back and read my previous post k? and if u don't understand after that.. then Bio saying ur a dumbass is would be a huge under-statement.

devvingiorgio said:
Absinthe
thank you for speaking intelligently to me

In all seriousness, I like everyone here, NEEDS to play these games.

I have absolutely no problem waiting for these products...but is it so much to ask for to have them keep me up to date ?

You're right, we'll unfortunately never know, and a number of people don't care anyways.

thanks again

p.s. - do you know of any other good artists that I might not be aware of if I thoroughly enjoy Aphex, Autechre, BOC, Plaid, Four Tet and Squarepusher?

i honestly just don't see why you've made such a big deal out of this. that's fine if you just don't like valve's methods but you make it out to be such a personal attack on people like you. cmon man, it's just a release date, it's not like their holding back the freakin cure for aids or anything.

Bio said:
Really think i should?

well everyone's already tried plain old reasoning and common sense.

nothing wrong with a good ol hate spam i guess:E

Damn i thought so, well gues i am going to make a huge treadh about it, hmmm somes with me "no you say" ok i will do it anyway.

As long as you admit you are wrong, I am happy. Nobody here NEEDS to play this game. They may say they do, but in all reality they don't. Unless they will actually kill themself if they never get to play it, in which they might as well end it all anyways. Anybody who NEEDS to play a video game is sad, end of story.

Heres the bottom line, and it can't be debated.

Valves owes NOTHING to everyone. Thats about as much as they owe to you. Nothing. If they want to cancel it right now, and start making a game which involves Gordon dancing with talking trees, they can. If they did, you wouldn't have a justified right to complain.

The same applies to release dates.

Dr. Freeman, why are you attacking me ?

"because if they emailed every HL fan about this.. then they'd be too busy doing that and not completing the game.. do u want a stupid email telling u about the game or do u want the damn game released? which is it?!"

I'm not asking them to ,
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21220
If you'd look at this thread I'm very much against flooding Valve with emails.

But you know what, I applaud them for doing so.

Which brings us back to the question taht nobody wants to answer, (except call me a whining bitch) ....

why don't they give the REAL customers, us, an update on something like a GOLD MONTH such as August. Why do we have to wait an undefined amount of time ?

devvingiorgio said:
In all seriousness, I, like everyone here, NEEDS to play these games.

Well, while I doubt that such a problem is a legitimate one, let's assume that it is. It's still your problem. You could get a game fix anywhere else.

Perhaps it is. As I said, we just don't know. :)

All we can hope for is that the end result is worth it all. And judging from everything so far, it should.

do you know of any other good artists that I might not be aware of if I thoroughly enjoy Aphex, Autechre, BOC, Plaid, Four Tet and Squarepusher?

As in techno artists? Well, I don't really have an expansive collection of the such. I mainly listen to Aphex, Squarepusher, and Autechre. Luke Vibert (aka Wagon Christ aka Plug) has some good stuff and also exists on Warp records. Orbital, although not as extreme as the above artists, is still quite a good group that is more easy to dance to. 'Tis a shame that this will be their last year for them.

You can always check out http://www.bleep.com
It allows you to preview practically anything on the Warp catalogue.

ACLeroK212 said:
well everyone's already tried plain old reasoning and common sense.

nothing wrong with a good ol hate spam i guess:E

OK then i will do that but now i am going to play some COD, hmmm i think.

Luke Vibert, thanks, I'll have to check him out

I'm out, take care

Ahnteis
you're adorable

devvingiorgio said:
why don't they give the REAL customers, us, an update on something like a GOLD MONTH such as August. Why do we have to wait an undefined amount of time ?

Because you're whiners who will never be satisfied.

Look, they are giving the fans an update, it just happens to be through an established and reliable source. E-mails are trickier to verify and are far less likely to get noticed. And why would you care about the delivery system anyway? You'll get the information however it's delivered, if Valve don't want to give out a date it's because they're not ready to.

Fan e-mails are for minor questions, big announcements should be delivered through large gaming media centres.

"big announcements should be delivered through large gaming media centres."

like the Doom III community anxiously waiting for a .plan update stating they've gone gold, instead of reading about it a few weeks later in a casual Gaming Magazine ?

Everyone myswell quit posting in this thread. There's been only a few here who have intelligently debated/agreed so far.

My apologies for voicing my opinions here

devvingiorgio said:
Everyone myswell quit posting in this thread. There's been only a few here who have intelligently debated/agreed so far.

My apologies for voicing my opinions here

intelligent threads deserve intelligent responses. i think you got what you deserved.

devvingiorgio said:
"big announcements should be delivered through large gaming media centres."

like the Doom III community anxiously waiting for a .plan update stating they've gone gold, instead of reading about it a few weeks later in a casual Gaming Magazine ?
I was talking about online gaming media centres. And the plan updates are a different kettle of fish, being directly verifiable (not that Valve use them anyway).

Glad I caught this at the end of the thread so my opinion won't matter that much or will have been validated already.

If Valve kept us all uptodate on the release dates and such like then I'd have to force them to put *Valve* in the subject header to filter them out from the rest of the spam.
Seriously the game must be going through a hell of a lot of cleaning up, changes, not to mention brick walls, and Valve can't possibly stick to one solid date to release anything yet.

The game might be sent to the publishers in August but that doesn't mean the games ready to be sent out to the public. (remeber CZ)
If I recall a recent email, I believe a Valve employer mentioned that they hadn't even begun to sort out what the special box set will contain.

I won't be expecting a statement, regarding when HL2 will be coming out, until its all set to sell.

devvingiorgio said:
"Valve/Software companies don't owe us a thing"

You feel the same way about Microsoft ?

I do actually; I feel the same way about everything. I paid for a product; I got it (Half-life 1). Valve continues to support that product, patching it, etc. (like any other software company). Valve doesn’t own us HL2, we didn’t pay for that. If you bough the product and it wasn’t delivered to your footsteps, then you can start your bitching. Wake up, real world is a bitch.

I asked Finger

And there's an exception to your point for the people who we're screwed out of the bundling of the 9800's.

Any caring company would let me know frequently as to what the status is of my 'back-ordered' product. Any company who has the decency to respond to customers inquiries , like Valve, should give the customer an HONEST answer.
They haven't been doing this. And when they attempt at doing this, we have to sift thru articles from websites completely un-affiliated w/ gamers.

example : MSN Money

end of discussion ;)

gheh you have a pretty warped idea of where discussions end.

This isnt over punk

So in your mind, VALVe is uncaring? I guess if answering petty emails (no offense to those who sent them, I send them too) and maintaining a sense of humor around the community is uncaring...

i'm sorry, it might be a little too late for this but, what seperates this thread from all the other "let's bitch about valve" threads

devvingiorgio said:
caring company would let me know frequently as to what the status is of my 'back-ordered' product.

it's not 'back-ordered'. it's only back ordered when they've released it but there's no current copies to sell to you.

right now it's only reserved, which doesn't mean jack. just means you threw down some money ahead of time to get your copy WHEN it comes out.

x84D80Yx said:
think about it this way.

if they give a date. and they fail of making it. how will they look?

now if they give a shot in the dark date that they can make, and then make it. they will probally look better to everyone, including fans.

Thats not the point of this message.

He is saying that how come the reporters get a month estimate and the fans get a season estimate.
something like that

devvingiorgio said:
I asked Finger

And there's an exception to your point for the people who we're screwed out of the bundling of the 9800's.

Any caring company would let me know frequently as to what the status is of my 'back-ordered' product.

end of discussion ;)

What are you talking about? “Screwed up” of the bundling? If you have a coupon, you will be able to get HL2 through the steam either way.

You pre-ordered the game, with a credit card I assume, so your money won’t be taken away until actual product ships to your house. IF you placed pre-order in actual store, you paid only $5 of whole cost of the product, you will pay another $45 when actual product comes out, plus you get guarantied copy the day it comes out.

End of discussion?

Sai,

Because I simply want to know why Valve wouldn't tell someone, like you or me, the status of the product that they're selling to us. did you read through the thread ? That's all it's about.

I emailied Gabe, see if I get an answer

but we have a very clear assumption of when it's going gold....

AgentXen said:

He is saying that how come the reporters get a month estimate and the fans get a season estimate.
something like that

wtf is the difference. either way your going to get the info (and you did obviously). no need to hold some sort of personal grudge against valve just because you weren't the first to find out.

devvingiorgio why do u feel that Microsoft owes us?

devvingiorgio said:
LMAO, you silly hypocrites

"Hey, I got an idea ! I'll email Mr. Lombardi today yet again and ask him if they can give a better release estimate"

the reply "Sorry, we're still looking at the situation, have no idea, can't elaborate"

a day later on an article from MSN M O N E Y...."We're looking at summer"

HOW HARD WAS THAT !?!?!?!?!?

lol

Not very hard if you ask me.

AgentXen said:

something like that

EXACTLY

this is so off topic noone's listening to what I'm even saying

devvingiorgio said:
it's fact. And I've done it too.
the same loyal fans that are eager for any freaking morsel of news have to beg for it, with no resolve. Some fricken journalist talks to Lombardi and "OH MY GOD ! WE GOT A SUMMER TIMEFRAME "

I do'nt understand how people can NOT agree with me on this

I agree, but hey its their game company.
They can chose to put the reporters ahead of the fans.

devvingiorgio said:
sigh,

so the lesson for today is Accept everything , question nothing

super

the Real 1984 can't get here soon enough

Hey i hear you man.
theres no reasoning with fan boys.
These guys worship valve. thats all.

devvingiorgio said:
EXACTLY

this is so off topic noone's listening to what I'm even saying

Because your argument doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, that’s why no one here can understand what the heck you want from Valve. Many people told you many times, Valve owns you absolutely nothing, you are not representative of press. You know where all the gossip and speculation starts? From the same FANS like you. Announcing something major like release date is always done in press, deal with that.

Bicka said:
devvingiorgio why do u feel that Microsoft owes us?

Because Microsoft wouldn't exist if they didn't strive to please their customers.

Mr. Reak, I paid at a local mom /pop shop, they got their money already. But 'that's not the point'

boy, I sure am saying that a lot

well, imagine this - in the day b4 The Matrix Reloaded is released, Warner Bros. announce it's delayed 3 months. ppl wait 3 months, and then the Wachowski Bros. say that the game will only come out 1 year after waht it was initially supposed to....

why bash valve?

most companies release their info to the press so it will be spread in a professional manner, it's only common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back