What just pisses me the @#$% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they tell a fan, it really wouldn't matter. Many people wouldn't hear it and more than half of the people that hear it will question the e-mail's validity.

Also, as brought up before in this topic, it's possible that the source that recieved this information got a reserved first seating for this info.

There's no conspiracy against the fans. Just chill.

Sprafa said:
well, imagine this - in the day b4 The Matrix Reloaded is released, Warner Bros. announce it's delayed 3 months. ppl wait 3 months, and then the Wachowski Bros. say that the game will only come out 1 year after waht it was initially supposed to....

So? You can’t do a shit about it, but boycott it when the movie/game comes out. You can do the same thing with HL2 you know.

And devv, read above.

I'm sorry, dev, but your whole 1984 sheep-mentality accusation is really getting annoying. If you would just soak in this information for two minutes, then you'd realize that you're waging a battle on nothing.

And AgentXen, there's a difference between a fanboy and a realist. It's not my fault that you're so blind that you can't differentiate between the two.

Mr. Reak,
So what you're saying is it's fair and just for an editor from MSN Money to learn about the status of a product earlier than customers themselves ....because Valve ''just CAN and don't owe us anything?"

If every person on this planet had that same philosophy we'd be @#$%^

1. Intelligent... you? gheh, you come here as a new guy and open up a thread of the nature that would automatically receive flames and negativity.. Wow... that was smart.

2. Hopefully you are aware of the history of Half Life²

3. Valve has made a mistake about the September 30 date... it was to aggressive so they had to delay it because the game wasn’t near on schedule as they thought it was... Which lead to lies about things here and there, a nasty mess it became.
The community became annoyed and angry because it was unclear at what date the game will be released. Now we are a year further and valve has got a hell of flaming and angry e-mails from little 12 year old kids complaining about the delay of a game that will be rated mature. This all lead to Valve being pretty tight lipped about making any predictions about any release date until they where absolutely sure they can actually make it. Finally valve was on schedule and they knew they could release the game in the summer. But because they had to go beta first they couldn’t give a more accurate date, and because valve is very tight with the community they release information trough these great fan sites. And now we have come to a point where valve feels that they can announce a month for the game to go gold, and they let us know about it ASAP.

4. in the gamedev. bizz ... release dates are things that can’t be accurate and will never be. You can’t begin on a game and already say that it will be released in 3 years on the 4th of December, which is impossible.

5. As an intelligent guy as you seem to think you are you would surely understand this.

AgentXen said:
valve owes me something. THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i paid for it....

And you will get it when it's ready. 'Nuff said, so stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about.

devvingiorgio said:
Mr. Reak,
So what you're saying is it's fair and just for an editor from MSN Money to learn about the status of a product earlier than customers themselves ....because Valve ''just CAN and don't owe us anything?"

Did you even read my last post? It's easier, smoother, and easier to get word out on something through an official source, rather than word-of-mouth from one fan.

devvingiorgio said:
Mr. Reak,

how do you expect the information to travel faster, in amateaur hands or proffesionall ones?

EDIT: yea, absinthe beat me to it

lmao, if valve kept the official HL2 site up to date with every little bit of news or even just a little bit it would be positively swamped with fans and would probably run too slow to get anything from. Plus it would cost more to run with increased bandwidth demand.

Why bother when you can just send a simple email to a fan site.... :p

devvingiorgio said:
Mr. Reak,

once again, who the $@#% cares who they told first? how do you know they didn't tell MSN Money KNOWING that they'd take that information to their customers and fans. you know the info now don't you? what does it matter who knew first? seriously man, you're taking this WAY too personally.

Absinthe said:
And you will get it when it's ready. 'Nuff said, so stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about.

Thats cool, i know i am going to eventualy get it.
Who is Nuff?
And what makes him/her/it think I know nothing about HL2 or the part about valve oweing me the game?

I know lots about HL2 (more than you)
And i know for a fact that they realy do owe me the game.

this is just getting monotonous, how is it more beneficial for the company to release information to people who are not as well known or equiped to spread it then others who are vice versa?

unbelievable

guys...you're passionate about something. A new movie, a new album coming out perhaps ...

what do you do, you research and you dig for any bit of information, any tidbit , any rumor imaginable.

We have THOUSANDS of CUSTOMERS who have politely asked for updates ASAP from Newell, Lombardi , etc. with the same answers, "Unfortunately we just don't know, we're still evaluating the situation"
Then out of NOWHERE. (WITH NO COURTESY EMAILS FROM GABE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE WEBMASTER OF HALF-LIFE 2, etc.) an article comes up from F'ing MONEY WATCH , that Lombardi gave some money hungry bastard a timeframe.

AgentXen said:
Who is Nuff?
And how does he know I know nothing about HL2 or the part about valve oweing me the game?

LOL, just STFU

Wait, since when are people trusting Lombardi's dates again? :p

time for this thread to die me thinks.
Its gone on for so long now that every answer has already been posted so Devv I think you need to re-read the whole lot and take in why exactly Valve is a business first and a emailbuddy second.

devvingiorgio said:
unbelievable

guys...you're passionate about something. A new movie, a new album coming out perhaps ...

what do you do, you research and you dig for any bit of information, any tidbit , any rumor imaginable.

We have THOUSANDS of CUSTOMERS who have politely asked for updates ASAP from Newell, Lombardi , etc. with the same answers, "Unfortunately we just don't know, we're still evaluating the situation"
Then out of NOWHERE. (WITH NO COURTESY EMAILS FROM GABE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE WEBMASTER OF HALF-LIFE 2, etc.) an article comes up from F'ing MONEY WATCH , that Lombardi gave some money hungry bastard a timeframe.
The be honest, I don't give a friggin damn where it came from. I never expected the news to be e-mailed to me personally because I am a potential customer. I am just damn glad they are getting more accurate.

Welcome to corporate America. The reason company supports community is to get their hard-earned money. If you don’t like the way company treats you, you can cancel pre-order, boycott the game, and never buy any product from that company, additionally warning all your friends about it. If you can’t cancel your pre-order because you placed it in some shitty story, your loss, next time read their policy. Business world is a cruel world, there are no happy unicorns dancing there.

P.S. You will get your product when it comes out, if you not satisfied with the way company treats you, don’t buy their games in the future.

Bicka said:
time for this thread to die me thinks.
Its gone on for so long now that every answer has already been posted so Devv I think you need to re-read the whole lot and take in why exactly Valve is a business first and a emailbuddy second.

heh, we tried this approach like 3 or 4 pages ago. somethings not getting through to him and i don't think it ever will.

lol, it probably didnt happen that way mate...

I mean look. You really think Gabe said:

"RIGHT... You lot get over here. I have a plan. Lets tell some random site instead of the fans JUST TO PISS THEM OFF. Wont that be a laugh! They are really gona love us for this one!!! :devil: "

?!?!?

It was probably more like:

"RIGHT... You lot get over here. I think we could probably give a rough estimate for a release now. I think we will meet this one. You agree? Good.
So thats settled. If anyone now asks about the release you have every right to tell them the date we have discussed. :) "

Which is more likely? Go on tell me! :)

devvingiorgio said:
unbelievable

ok, gabe newell and doug lombardi may word for the same company but have different roles, doug takes care of marketing; it's his job to give out dates and what not, gabe is production as in making the game, it's not in gabe's authority to give out estimates like it is doug's

"Once again, who the $@#% cares who they told first? how do you know they didn't tell MSN Money KNOWING that they'd take that information to their customers and fans."

I freaking care ! And so should you !

my God ! Here's an extreme f'n example

I'm out of the country. My father killed himself. Instead of the hospital contacting me first about it, they let FOXNEWS have it first. I find out abotu my father's death thru the news!

Again, extremely EXTREME, but same principal ! If you're 'cool' with that than I'm sorry for you

marksmanHL2 :) said:
lol, it probably didnt happen that way mate...

I mean look. You really think Gabe said:

"RIGHT... You lot get over here. I have a plan. Lets tell some random site instead of the fans JUST TO PISS THEM OFF. Wont that be a laugh! They are really gona love us for this one!!! :devil: "

?!?!?

It was probably more like:

"RIGHT... You lot get over here. I think we could probably give a rough estimate for a release now. I think we will meet this one. You agree? Good.
So thats settled. If anyone now asks about the release you have every right to tell them the date we have discussed. :) "

Which is more likely? Go on tell me! :)

FFS. I spent a while writing that post. READ IT! :p

how does that example make any sense what so ever

devvingiorgio, just get over the fact that larger scale media = wider audience than a relatively small fan site

devvingiorgio said:
"Once again, who the $@#% cares who they told first? how do you know they didn't tell MSN Money KNOWING that they'd take that information to their customers and fans."

I freaking care ! And so should you !

my God ! Here's an extreme f'n example

I'm out of the country. My father killed himself. Instead of the hospital contacting me first about it, they let FOXNEWS have it first. I find out abotu my father's death thru the news!

Again, extremely EXTREME, but same principal ! If you're 'cool' with that than I'm sorry for you

that is so f'ng out of context it's not even funny. the hospital isn't making a business out of your father's death. plus it'd be illegal for them to give that info to fox without your families consent.

the whole point is you got the info. doesn't matter where, but you got it. you now know about the whole august gold estimate so wtf does it matter?

ACLeroK212 said:
that is so f'ng out of context it's not even funny. the hospital isn't making a business out of your father's death. plus it'd be illegal for them to give that info to fox without your families consent.

just, don't bother, he's in the state where he's blocking out everyone's opinion's except his own, let's just leave him be, leave him be.......

"Welcome to corporate America. The reason company supports community is to get their hard-earned money."

no shit

again, my question. why not tell us as soon as they know. They're not losing any money for keeping the ridiculously impatient fanbase in the know with timeframe updates

**********how does that example make any sense what so ever**********

because I CARE ABOUT MY FATHER MORE THAN AMERICA DOES, therefore, as a courtesy, I SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY INFORMED

haha lol ... intelligent .. I am still laughing

devvingiorgio said:
"Welcome to corporate America. The reason company supports community is to get their hard-earned money."

no shit

again, my question. why not tell us as soon as they know. They're not losing any money for keeping the ridiculously impatient fanbase in the know with timeframe updates

maybe they dint know about the month when you e-mailed them. They probably had a meeting later that day and decided the month.

For The Love Of All That Is Right And Good:

read My Posts!

like i said before, i really doubt he even cares about other people's opinion's right now

AgentXen said:
Who is Nuff?
And what makes him/her/it think I know nothing about HL2 or the part about valve oweing me the game?

You're not clever at all. And yeah, Valve does owe you a game if you pre-ordered it. Of course, they could still send you complete crap if they wanted to. They don't need to give you screenies and demos until it comes. It might be nice, but they're not bound to such a thing. If you knew a rat's ass as to what you were talking about, you'd understand this. Unfortunately, you don't.

Completely irrelevant. Knowledge about the game =/= knowledge about how the game is handled. Really, STFU.

devvingiorgio said:
**********how does that example make any sense what so ever**********

because I CARE ABOUT MY FATHER MORE THAN AMERICA DOES, therefore, as a courtesy, I SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY INFORMED

but how does that at all apply to hl2 marketing, don't over exert yourself pal :LOL:

Absinthe said:
You're not clever at all. And yeah, Valve does owe you a game if you pre-ordered it. Of course, they could still send you complete crap if they wanted to. They don't need to give you screenies and demos until it comes. It might be nice, but they're not bound to such a thing. If you knew a rat's ass as to what you were talking about, you'd understand this. Unfortunately, you don't.

Completely irrelevant. Knowledge about the game =/= knowledge about how the game is handled. Really, STFU.

What makes this even better is that VALVE DOES NOT OWE YOU SHIT, NOT EVEN IF YOU PRE ORDERED.

The shop you pre ordered from takes the responcibility there. :LOL:

What makes this even better is that VALVE DOES NOT OWE YOU SHIT, NOT EVEN IF YOU PRE ORDERED.

The shop you pre ordered from takes the responcibility there. :LOL:

blame eb-games, blame gamestop, just stop the valve bitching

"but how does that at all apply to hl2 marketing, don't over exert yourself pal"

I guess it doesn't. Valve simply decided to break the news in a tardy manner with MSN 'Money', because 'they just can'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back