What OS do you use...

What OS do you use for things other than gaming

• Total voters
Windows 7, i love it.

I like it dark
*page-stretching computer desktop*

Sooo... What's in that file called 'wat' and why is it there?

I'm thinking of switching to Vista pretty soon because this computer isn't going to last much longer. I may sell it.

"Only SLIGHTLY shotgunned!"
</reference>

Let's just say Mac is for "creative people" and Windows is for "busy people" But damn me if i would not like a Mac.

Another one falls into the trap set by Apple's marketing lies!

Most game studios and visual f/x studios use PCs to make their art content. Macs are really just used by graphic designers because graphic designers are tools and think Macs are for "artsy" people like them. Photoshop and Illustrator are the same on both platforms douchebags!

I use Vista x64, for my 12 GIGABYTES of memory. **** yeah.

The moment Apple stops reselling hardware and opens up OSX to standard components is the day I'll actually give a damn about their crappy operating system. But that'll never happen. Limit the hardware and you limit the support required. However that reduces consumer choice. Then you have the whole Apple tax thing where kids think spending so much more on their Apple computer makes it better than an equally performing but cheaper PC.

Sooo... What's in that file called 'wat' and why is it there?

I'm thinking of switching to Vista pretty soon because this computer isn't going to last much longer. I may sell it.

"Only SLIGHTLY shotgunned!"
</reference>

Passwords to my steam and to this account. Maybe i should of named it something less attractive.

Vista, but not by choice. I'd rather be running XP or (from what I've heard about it) Win7.

I had Vista on my brand new laptop for a while, but it was only really for the shitty "Microphone-to-text" thing. And songsmith.

But alas, the computer ended up crashing and I had to run XP on it to save it. I'm using it right now actually.

Vista is great until you have problems and then you're up shits creek.

I have had Vista on my laptop for over a year now, no issues. It's been on this computer for 3 weeks, no issues. :/

Home: Vista 64. Been using it almost since release with no real problems.

Work: OSX. Not my choice (the bosses like their shiny laptops), but OSX is a robust OS and is relatively idiot proof, though having used Macs solidly for almost 9 years now, I have to say that the durability of Mac hardware isn't that great.

For some reason Vista seems to work just fine on laptops. Others, not so much.

OS X for everyday use, and Vista 64 for gaming! Just about as good as it gets...

Ironically, I have Windows 7 running in a virtual machine on my OS X partition. It's pretty spiffy but I don't really see how it's leaps and bounds better than Vista like most are saying. Then again I actually love Vista, so go figure.

XP, I would use the 7 Beta but I can't be bothered with having 2 OS's on the same computer when one will run out in a matter of months and have to be destroyed anyway.

I've converted both my desktop and laptop to Windows 7. It's goddamn awesome.

Vista on my desktop and OS X on my laptop. I really have no complaints with vista, which seems to be unusual.

if i had known how popular it is with you guys, i would have put windows 7 in the poll.
For gods sake - its still in beta - its not meant to be used as your primary OS

I tested Windows 7 on dads computer, it's pretty good. New calculator is especially good.

I have had Vista on my laptop for over a year now, no issues. It's been on this computer for 3 weeks, no issues. :/

I've had Vista on 3 desktop computers and 2 laptops for over a year. No problems.

I thought Vista was awesome too until I learned how incompetent it was when coming to lockups.

I swear, the damn thing locked up five times an hour.

I thought Vista was awesome too until I learned how incompetent it was when coming to lockups.

I swear, the damn thing locked up five times an hour.

Thats an issue on your part then, because hundreds of thousands of other people dont have that problem.

i have both vista (preinstall) and ubuntu dual booted on my laptop but im actually considering downgrading vista to xp becuase most engineering software doesnt work on it. Ubuntu really should be under linux because its just a linux distribution.

i have both vista (preinstall) and ubuntu dual booted on my laptop but im actually considering downgrading vista to xp becuase most engineering software doesnt work on it. Ubuntu really should be under linux because its just a linux distribution.

That's why he has it as Other Linux. Ubuntu is just the most popular version thanks to being preloaded on consumer laptops and he was just pointing that out.

For gods sake - its still in beta - its not meant to be used as your primary OS
That's Microsoft's money saving technique #172849563

Use the nerdy OS fanbois to do the beta testing for them. LOL

EDIT> Although I believe alot of software developers use this technique for beta testing.

People use Gmail and Chrome too everyday D:

chrome is out of beta now. and gmail isnt an OS is it. gmails really quite old now so i'm sure it has absolutely no noticeable bugs - ive been using it half a year

Back