What will be the CS:S suprises?

Bongfarmer

Reaction score
Were all dissapointed that HL2 wont have its on mp( :x ), however

Icarus: Has it (CS:S) changed any from Beta?
Chuck Osborn: It’s what they say it’s going to be, but with a few surprises

combined with the fact tha tin may or june Valve said there would be vehicals in SP and MP, I think CS:S will have vehicals in it!

Sure, its not as good as it could of been, but remeber the CS:S beta is not going to be what HL2 MP will be like

THat's good thinking, but CS wouldnt be the same with vehicles..

though you never know

Well a lot of people dont want CS to be the same. If you want to play CS play CS. I care little about the improved graphics

Talking chickens I’m guessing. They'll give you cryptic clues as to where the Ts are camping. Yes.

maybe a nw mode, like a base defense where you can use the physics to stack up defenses and such, that would be neat

Bongfarmer said:
Well a lot of people dont want CS to be the same. If you want to play CS play CS. I care little about the improved graphics

I aswell but we're not the norm. Maybe even everyone here could feel the same way and we wouldnt be the norm to most CS players

Icarusintel said:
maybe a nw mode, like a base defense where you can use the physics to stack up defenses and such, that would be neat

I like that idea.

Rocket launchers!

(I'd love to see the CS:S hardcore have a fit when thats announced,. of course I probably wouldnt' enjoy getting blown up all the time myself)

Ok, probably just some new maps. Vehicles would be nice. They cant do too much without the purists bitching.

No CS wont be the same with a f**kn tank "storming the front" but cmon...no better way to tackle those gay camp'n awp'rs than saving your cash for "Uber tank 2000" and blow them to smitherines with a shell or 12!! MWHAHAHAHAHA

DavE0r said:
No CS wont be the same with a f**kn tank "storming the front" but cmon...no better way to tackle those gay camp'n awp'rs than saving your cash for "Uber tank 2000" and blow them to smitherines with a shell or 12!! MWHAHAHAHAHA

I doubt it would be like that, it would most likely be a type of map.

Dr0ndeh said:
theyre adding a rocket launcher to CS.

You're kidding right?

It better be one expensive peice of shit

Dr0ndeh said:
theyre adding a rocket launcher to CS.

also another effective defense against an awp...

They should make it like the Reedemer in UT......player guided missile..DIE EVEIL CAMPER!!! BOOOOOOM!!! :sniper: :sniper: :naughty: :naughty: :smoking:

V.I.P. gameplay mode resurrected? That was actually kinda fun...

Why would they add anti-vehicle weapons???

If its just CS with a new look I might just save my money, no matter how awesome SP is

I bet the surprises are just new things you can do with the physics (and i dont just mean shooting barrels/crates/rubbish, something that would have more impact on gameplay or strategy).

Whatever it is, it BETTER be worth HL2 not having its own original mp.

I think itl probably be the 2 modes that were almost NEVER used back in CS like they were supposed to. Did anyone read one of the older CS manuals. It talks about: CS, DE, AS, AND ES (Escape, where one team starts w/ no weapons and needs te get 50% of the team out alive, and can attempt to break into the armory and steal weapons if they want). That mode sounded great, but there wasnt ONE map with it. And there WAS one map for AS. But ONE! UNO! ICHI! so we might see maps for thos 2 modes...

CB | Para said:
LAW > RPG

You can't use an RPG for CQB ;)
Light
Anti-Vehicle
Weapon

Key word: Light. If its light then i dont liek it ;-)

READ ABOVE POST!

Minipulator should replace the shotgun. Since the minipulatr does have a short range u could camp then a guy walks buy just below you, use it to take the gun, and shoot him! MUAHAHAHHAHAAH.

I think itl probably be the 2 modes that were almost NEVER used back in CS like they were supposed to. Did anyone read one of the older CS manuals. It talks about: CS, DE, AS, AND ES (Escape, where one team starts w/ no weapons and needs te get 50% of the team out alive, and can attempt to break into the armory and steal weapons if they want). That mode sounded great, but there wasnt ONE map with it. And there WAS one map for AS. But ONE! UNO! ICHI! so we might see maps for thos 2 modes...

You obviously havent been playing CS for very long, there was at least one es_ map, and several as_ maps that were standard in CS. Then again, when i started playing CS i was in middle school and relatively few people knew what it was, and now im in college and everyone knows about it, but d@mn CS used to be cool, I dont know what its like anymore, it was no longer updated on WON after STEAM came out, and then WON died.... Last i heared the newest versions of CS have new guns and even a freaking shield :O , what the heck is a shield good for? MAybe im behind the tiems though.

BrownTown said:
You obviously havent been playing CS for very long, there was at least one es_ map, and several as_ maps that were standard in CS. Then again, when i started playing CS i was in middle school and relatively few people knew what it was, and now im in college and everyone knows about it, but d@mn CS used to be cool, I dont know what its like anymore, it was no longer updated on WON after STEAM came out, and then WON died.... Last i heared the newest versions of CS have new guns and even a freaking shield :O , what the heck is a shield good for? MAybe im behind the tiems though.
Well the sheild is gone now and its still pretty good.

lol at rocket launcher, sif.

I rekon it could be a CS:S DM mode. theres already quite a few server mods for 1.6 that are CSDM, and considering lots of ppl are annoyed about HL2 DM being removed they just might implement it in cs:s.
I dont care much for CSDM atm, but it seems likely.

There were plans for adding an RPG or something of the like to Condition Zero... I really think someone should at least try to make a mod that'll be what you expected HL2's multiplayer to be like.

as_oilrig is the best map in counter-strike, hands down. better be updated and looking wicked.

Hmmz dont think they want to influence the gameplay to much so i think they probably add some new weapons and new maps

what if the escape maps get ressurected ? es_frantic, es_jail or prison?, es_trinity ?? ahh .. *drools*

Yes. CS:S Will indeed have vehicles. there's even a console command to summon a jeep! (Can't do it though because of the beta limitations... and the fact that... Well, they haven't put them in. Yet. YET.

As for the other ones... CTF, anyone? :p

Cyber$nake said:
There was at least 3 maps with AS... The forest one, the snow one and oilrig

Condition Zero was gonna have molatovs and rocket launchers among other things - molatovs would be cool :)

dekstar said:
Yes. CS:S Will indeed have vehicles. there's even a console command to summon a jeep! (Can't do it though because of the beta limitations... and the fact that... Well, they haven't put them in. Yet. YET.

As for the other ones... CTF, anyone? :p

can u provide a source for this info?
being able to summon vehicles doesnt mean they will definatly put them in, but the ability is there if they choose. Im hoping they put all the vehicles in HL2 and leave cs:s without them.

the only vehicle that would work in cs:s is the apc in seige :)

this command is a source command...it's for hl2 and not for css...you can spawn any entity by typing "give ITEM" ITEM=entity

i thought it was impulse 83
that was what it was in the beta at least

Back