What's the most shamefully geeky thing you've ever done?

one would be buying the final harry potter book at midnight. another would be buying the soundtrack to the Nightmare Before Christmas... the ride. And during my 8th grade dance, I was the only guy to dance to "dancing queen" (no, i am not gay. i was raised on abba).

I gave a five minute speech as to why TF2 rules at uni for a project.

I used to say "lol" and "pwned" when I was, like, 14.

having a 20 min lecture to my brother about the history of video game consoles. Well i think its interesting!

3 friends and I all played through and beat Ocarina of Time in one night, with breaks in between to play Brawl, and eat.

In all, it was probably took about 10ish hours, I think

10 hours playing video games with your friends is the most ungeeky thing I've ever heard. What are you doing in this thread?

I once copyrighted a mathematical formula (corollary actually)
which is subordinate to the Difference of Squares Theorem.
At the time, my algebra teacher in tenth grade advised me the
cheapest way to claim copyright was to mail it to yourself and
never open the letter. That part turned out to be false.

Also, I have been participating in the SETI @ Home project for
ten years. I use software to Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence.

Also have software that is looking for the next largest
Mersenne Prime Number, which is currently 13 million digits.

I have done many other geeky things, but that should do it...

[Edit]
Oh, wait. I can calculate, in my head, the average path of an infinite
number of Radical Loci about the surface of an Oblate Spheroid.

cha CHING

Please don't set your mind to blowing up the world. You might just do it.

oh i might add that when messing up a drawing my fingers sometimes have a ctrl-z twitch.

-dodo

I still buy action figures on a monthly basis.

Though I am only ashamed of the ones I later don't want.

I look up alot of triva to movies and games. One of the reasons I came here.

How about your vast collection of images for every occasion. Nerdy images!
Not to mention he's supposedly a doujin artist. Still curious to see if I recognise any of his stuff. :angel:

Which reminds me, I wrote a fanfic once. No way I'm naming the show it was based on...

I have a small collection of old (1940s - 60s) math (differential calculus, linear algebra, for example) and science (general physics, 'new' plastics, engineering standards, for example) books that I keep in the bathroom for poop time. I find them fascinating both because of the content (the math hasn't changed, but some of the science has) and because of the way they're presented (which is almost radically different from today).

oh i might add that when messing up a drawing my fingers sometimes have a ctrl-z twitch.

-dodo

Like this?

SA_0519_small.jpg

Man, there is NO shame in dancing to dancing queen.

Only if you're dancing with a girl(s). That song and "Single Ladies." Even Brittney Spears songs are more danceable for guys. Though I have to say "Womanizer" is the perfect song to start dancing with girls.

Does anyone here ever play Flash Circle TD?
I have detailed spreadsheets that help you win the harder version of the game.

Though I have to say "Womanizer" is the perfect song to start dancing with girls.

So you start dancing with women who straight away have the idea that youre a player being suggested through the song?

Change the song and youll finally get sex.

Memorized pi to 200 digits. It took me a lot of the idle time during high school lectures, about 3-5 digits a day.

Honestly? Standing in line outside GAME waiting for the midnight release of GTA4...having people I know (albeit pissed) walk past (and I think it was a student night) asking why I was standing there with like 20 other people.

I then hid the game in my jacket (out of embaressment) and walked down the highstreet heading for home, making up excuses to everyone I knew that stopped me.

One of the excuses was 'just fancied a walk'..yeah, go figure, a walk at like 12:30am.

I went to the Gamestop midnight releases for both Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. There were at least 150-200 people at each, though.

Okay, I actually remember the most geeky thing I did...well, maybe it is.

I was going out with a Japanese girl at the time, we were in town and I casually wandered up to the local GW and waltzed in for a browse.

I only did this because one of the staff was A) a pathetic geek loser with a bad attitude to others to boot and B) obsessed with anime and stuff in the most nerdish of ways you can expect.

When I walked out and was heading back down the street with her clinging to my arm.......

............I smirked to myself.

That felt really geeky, even though I wasn't the geek.

Okay, I actually remember the most geeky thing I did...well, maybe it is.

I was going out with a Japanese girl at the time, we were in town and I casually wandered up to the local GW and waltzed in for a browse.

I only did this because one of the staff was A) a pathetic geek loser with a bad attitude to others to boot and B) obsessed with anime and stuff in the most nerdish of ways you can expect.

When I walked out and was heading back down the street with her clinging to my arm.......

............I smirked to myself.

That felt really geeky, even though I wasn't the geek.

I would have beaten you with a lead pipe.

I would have beaten you with a lead pipe.

And then my Japanese girlfriend would come tend to my wounds, her deep jet eyes staring into my own, her smile soothing and her soft touch comforting.

"daijoubu des?"

"Hai, nantoka...."

And you'd watch us as our ambulance drives away, and your standing in the street, with a bloody lead pipe, and no Japanese girlfriend.

:naughty:

It's not geeky, but it is a little pathetic that you went out of your way to show off your girlfriend to a nerd so you could feel cool.

It's not pathetic, but it is a little **** YOU YOU ****ING **** ****ER I'LL **** YOUR **** WITH A ****

i got sucked into manga and Naruto in middle school somehow. What a bad decision. I'd rather forget about all that and go on with my life.

Being so bored without internet that i actually contemplated wanking to Alyx...

YOU'VE ALL DONE IT! SHUT UP!

(Talking about the Xbox version, when it was the only game I had, next to Halo [Cause it was a halo xbox])

I needed to ad-lib some Italian in a musical I was in, so I looked through my DVDs to see if I had anything subtitled. Ended up using lines from the Futurama episode "Anthology of Interest", which is probably the geekiest episode of a particularly geeky show.

I wrote a computer worm called Conflicker. Oh ho ho, was my face red when I saw it on the news!

In high school we were required to take speech (public speaking) class, and my teacher always made the topics completely open, so I did a presentation on old-school videogames. In my defense, I didn't know anyone in my class nor care what they thought, so there wasn't a whole lot of shame involved....

Also, back in 2003, people here decided to write Half-Life 2 themed lyrics to the tune of Christmas songs. I wrote a few. :eek:

Back