When you get to play the moments from the binks.....

Dr.breen

Reaction score
...Will you deliberately do things differently from the binks?

For instance, will you go talk to the people in the tenenments in the same order as in the bink?

Dr.breen said:
...Will you deliberately do things differently from the binks?

For instance, will you go talk to the people in the tenenments in the same order as in the bink?
No way man, you will see me knocking over stuff, to see what they say. :D :D :D

OMG Now I am hyped again, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

:D

What vegeta said. I'll do some things the same, though.

I will go into the room with the woman crying on the couch. I'm a nosy bastard :)

It'll still 'holster' your gun with the cheats on won't it?

Hmm... I think I will do thing differently... take my time... look around.. and shoot a lot of innoncent people :)

I'll be blowing every m***rf**ker's head off!! Bwahahaha!!

Okay, that was just nasty. I apologize. :)

I wonder what the combine will do if you kill a citizen in front of them?

Will they say thanks? =)

ya lol. i wonder how the combine would react if you wipped out a rocket launcher it would be really cool if they freaked out and tried to run before i blew them up

i hope the events will be like GTA o Farcry, you kill a combine (with cheats), they'll get whole tanks and loads of troops turn up and chase you down... :D

Dr.breen said:

Will they say thanks? =)

haha. 'impressive display of cruelty citizen, you could make a fine combine some day' and then he teaches gordon the one handed combine shove.

]
Lol HAHAHA
EDIT:im goona put something sensible here
why after all these technological advancements is Gordan still using a SPAZ

UndercoverBob said:
]
Lol HAHAHA
EDIT:im goona put something sensible here
why after all these technological advancements is Gordan still using a SPAZ

Because the SPAZ is cool. Duh. :p

i think the combine would shoot you. they dont want everyone going around and shooting the citezens, how else would they use them as slave labor or whatever they are doing with these pople? they dont want anarchy they want total control. (as far as i can tell)

sounds a bit harsh, but i really had an urge to put that milk carton on that drunk guys head in tenements, then break his beer bottle, raid the kitchen, and wreck the TV set, you know, your classic Wisky in the Jar scene, :p

I'll play it properly first, then ill mess around.

Dr.breen said:

Will they say thanks? =)
Combine: HEY, I WAS GONNA KILL HIM, RELOAD TO THE LAST SAVE DAM*IT, RELOAD

poseyjmac said:
haha. 'impressive display of cruelty citizen, you could make a fine combine some day' and then he teaches gordon the one handed combine shove.

lol :E
i think this quote should be put into HL2.net's stash classic quotes.

Combine Soldier: some day u will make me proud!
Gordon: ...

:LOL:

Whoever was playing in the movies was a pansy, so no. :|

I don't know if anyone else noticed this in the tenements bink but at the end of the bink a guy goes PSST! at gordan.

I think the guy playing got it wrong because he was looking straight at the guy and then when he went PSST he looked around as if he was thinking "Where did that come from?" DUH!

I think he was meant to be PSST at him while he was walking up the next stairs instead of waiting for the PSSt and then Walking away and then turning back.

I put it down to Lazy play testers, it happened before in the traptown bink.

You remember the combine shooting through the window at the washing machine(?) which is where gordan was meant to be so he moved from the safe wall and hid under the appliance that was being riddled with bullets.

You thought we wouldn't notice these things didn't you Valve?

Dr.breen said:
I don't know if anyone else noticed this in the tenements bink but at the end of the bink a guy goes PSST! at gordan.

I think the guy playing got it wrong because he was looking straight at the guy and then when he went PSST he looked around as if he was thinking "Where did that come from?" DUH!

I think he was meant to be PSST at him while he was walking up the next stairs instead of waiting for the PSSt and then Walking away and then turning back.

I put it down to Lazy play testers, it happened before in the traptown bink.

You remember the combine shooting through the window at the washing machine(?) which is where gordan was meant to be so he moved from the safe wall and hid under the appliance that was being riddled with bullets.

You thought we wouldn't notice these things didn't you Valve?
Now there's some memories... hot topics back in '03...

Oh, so the traptown ones been done before, sorry.

what about the tenements one? the traptown equivelant?

Usually, when you psssst someone, you are looking at them... and I don't what lazy playtesters have to do with anything... like I said, the guy playing in the movies is a pansy... he was afraid of the psssting...

Trust me. Valve spent less time making those binks than you guys have spent analyzing them into the ground.

i think ill play similarly. i take my time, look at everything, and move around in a realistic fashion. i wont be jumping all over the place and knocking over EVERY lamp. at least not after the 1st day.

Dr.breen said:
lol
i never noticed that
but those movies are really old...

In that vid where the guy by the wall says "lead out, Freeman" and they go fight the striders, I'll lead everyone out, then I'll run back behind the wall and wait till they win or are all dead. Then we'll see if they ask ME to lead out ever again.

Democritus said:
In that vid where the guy by the wall says "lead out, Freeman" and they go fight the striders, I'll lead everyone out, then I'll run back behind the wall and wait till they win or are all dead. Then we'll see if they ask ME to lead out ever again.

You're my new best friend. :D

ill play the game properly first not trying to get to stupid places and such. But the second time ill totally try and do weird things, like boost myself to stupid places :naughty:

There were so many doors left open that I couldn't help but check everywhere. Just look at the Ravenholm bink with the deleted scenes at the end. When you first saw that video, you could never have predicted what you would find around the corner.

At the end of tenements when the guy goes 'pssst' at the end, Gordon looks around because he doesn't know who the guy's talking to. If some stranger called out to you wouldn't you check to see if he was talking to someone else. The player played it realistic. Like its meant to be played...

AntiAnto said:
Hmm... I think I will do thing differently... take my time... look around.. and shoot a lot of innoncent people :)
Same. Whenever I've watched the Binks - moreso the slightly calmer ones - I've always been frustrated: "No wait, don't leave that just yet! See what they have to say! I wonder what would happen if you - oh don't walk away from it. Bah."

Although it'd be interesting playing through those sections trying to replicate the videos actions as close as possile to see whether the AI reacts differently.

Back