Where did your username come from?

My real names Martin..so people just call me Tin for short..friends/teachers/family. Don't know why it turned into Tinneth.

Tinneth said:
My real names Martin..so people just call me Tin for short..friends/teachers/family. Don't know why it turned into Tinneth.
Tin enough already!

Tin + enough = say it fast, with a slight accent.. Tinneth

There :D

Dream Thrall is the name I came up with for my solo musical project. I've had it for what... probably 7 years or so now.

Used to be in a Quake2 clan called "Mage" and my name was (and still is whenever I play anything online) Phobia.

But there were days where I wanted to just play and be antisocial and anonymous without being tied to a clan; "Someone" fits that about as well as anything.

I've been playing MOHAA for years and since I always was the best sniper around the nicked me with Bullseye cause I hardly missed my enemies :E
so thats how I got my nickname :)

Mine is the norwegian word for gnome... How cool isn't that..?!

I liked disturbed the band so I used DiSTuRbEd for awhile, then saw people used that a lot, so I changed to Di$TuRbEd, yeah I looked around I think I was the first one to use that version, who knows. Have another name too, monkey68....

(DEATH)
(e)vasion
DARTH (VADER)

therefore: (DEATH) (e)(VADER)= DEATH eVADER

Holy Sh*t, its like friggin algebra :hmph:

From that horrid cartoon Madeline.

"Zat Pepito ees a Bad Hat!"

mine is my first name in English, translated into Norwegian, then directly back to English again. i could never figure out and cool original name :rolleyes:

Captain Sternn from the movie "Heavy Metal"

Hanover Fiste: "Yes, I know Captain Sternn...and never did there live a kinder, more generous man. He is an overflowing cup, filled with the very cream of human goodness. In all the time I've known him, he's never done anything immoral....unless maybe the Pre-Schooler's Prostitute ring ....and he's ah, never done anything illegal unless you count all the times he sold dope disguised as a nun!"

ummm...duhhh

actually, it was inspired by that editor like 5 years ago on PC Gamer... he called himself Q. and one month there was an article in which he was reffered to as "He Who is Q". and i like that. i thought it was funny. yeah.

My username comes from Middle-Earth. Ecthelion II was the father of Denethor, the steward of Gondor. If you haven't read J.R.R Tolkien's "the lord of the rings" you probably don't understand anything of what I'm saying. My username is mentioned once in the movie though. I think it is Gandalf that says: "Denethor, son of Ecthelion .. blablablabla"

Well, now all of you know ..

The Dark Elf said:
Tin enough already!

Tin + enough = say it fast, with a slight accent.. Tinneth

There :D

Hehe, nice one.

Mine came from...well...uh...not anywhere really. I couldn't think of one, so I just picked something very obvious and fitting, User Name.
Though I am really thinking about changing it today...for good. I will miss User Name, I just know it.

from a system of a down song plus the 961 I stole from a friend of mine why he had 961 on one of his screen names i may never know.

User Name said:
Mine came from...well...uh...not anywhere really. I couldn't think of one, so I just picked something very obvious and fitting, User Name.
Though I am really thinking about changing it today...for good. I will miss User Name, I just know it.
You still getting people tying user name in and trying to log in? hehe

The Dark Elf said:
You still getting people tying user name in and trying to log in? hehe
Yes, it seems people would still love to be me.

Honestly, The Dark Elf, could you permanently change my user name to...................................................................................................................joule. :O
Thank you. :cheers:

an inside joke between a friend and myself. "lil' timmy" is a concept. usually "lil' timmy" or "lil' billy" represents the small things that are swept away, nonchalantly, by power. it can be a person, but it's mostly just the idea of small/innocent things that are at the mercy of more powerful forces. we always get a big kick out of referring to our gaming opponents as "lil' timmy"s and "lil' billy"s.

User Name said:
Yes, it seems people would still love to be me.

Honestly, The Dark Elf, could you permanently change my user name to...................................................................................................................joule. :O
Thank you. :cheers:
You need to PM an Admin to change your name.

You also need a good reason other than "feel like it"

I couldn't think of one that I wanted so I just typed blahblahblah and it worked.

I normally go by the name "flywhiteguy".

That name is based off of The Offspring song. I find the song hilarious, because it doesn't represent me at all except for the mocking I do of people who try to be "hip". I despise being in style for one reason or another.

My name came from TFC, I played as the VIP a lot and owned folks with the umbrella. Therefore, I am the master of the umbrellas.

Is it possible to change your user name without registering a new one? I'm anything but a post count whore, but it'd be nice to keep the count there, if only to not be attacked for being a noob. I hate having numbers in my name, it's just... shit isn't it?

I set my head on fire in high school. The name 'burn' stuck (like the molten shoe polish). Changed into burner, sounds more like a name than "burn" which just sounds like people want me to do it again.
Someone else had the name burner so I added 69, and also cuz it implies I'm a sexual stud. Which of course, I am. ;)

zer0kewl said:
i got no idea.
but where my old nick came from
is really shamefull.
atleast thats what others think off it lol.

isnt yours from that movie hackers?

ps mine if my favorite creature type from magic the gathering :-D

we11er said:
Is it possible to change your user name without registering a new one? I'm anything but a post count whore, but it'd be nice to keep the count there, if only to not be attacked for being a noob. I hate having numbers in my name, it's just... shit isn't it?

Like The Dark Elf said, send a PM to an administrator and they'll change the name for you. :)

I've had various usernames on these forums, but ultimatley stuck with my birthname because it's unique enough that no-one else had the brains to think of it first :LOL:

craigweb: when I started using the web in 94/96 I was young and rather stupid and surfing the 'web' I thought "ah! craig-web"... so it kinda stuck.

craigweb2k: as above, but I started forgetting the passwords I'd used for craigweb, so I added the 2k and started using 1 password for everythng (which I no-longer use).

benson: simple. when I smoked I used to chug on Benson & Hedges coffin nails.

craig said:
benson: simple. when I smoked I used to chug on Benson & Hedges coffin nails.

Care to elaborate on what Benson and Hedges coffin nails is?

My name is Mark..

My online username used to me Marksman For everything. I put in HL2 cos Marksman was taken and I put the smilie in cos I felt like it. :)

I since changed that to GingerNinja. I think this is the only place I am registered as Marksman now. :) :cheers:

From the Dune series. IX was the machine planet. Had to add the zero's because it was too short. I've had it for about 3 years now. Used to be a big Quake 3 MPlyer.

blahblahblah said:
Care to elaborate on what Benson and Hedges coffin nails is?

cigarettes, as in cancer sticks, as in death bringers, as in the nails to his coffin.

just my guess :D

I dont know where mine came from....

Back