Votes: 10 6.7%
  • G-Man's face

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 82 54.7%

• Total voters

Mattigus

Reaction score
Which box will you buy? This is assuming you buy the game at a store.

Most likely Gordons face, or CE I think all the noobs, and people who never played Halflif will either get Alyx or Gman.

Basically, but there's a poll on this one. I threw this up for the lack of a poll on the other thread.

Where's the "I don't care which one I get, as long as it's the damned game" option?

Would be convient to also have a link to the box graphics, aren't those out now?

KagePrototype said:
Where's the "I don't care which one I get, as long as it's the damned game" option?

Righto. I'd rather have a random box

Probably Gordon. I don't want to be thought of as a pervert if I bought Alyx's, and G-Man isn't the main character, though nor is Alyx.

CE, but any of the other boxes look good. im sure i would make up my mind rediculously fast on the day i go to the store though.

What about an option for 'none, I have an ATI coupon!'

Not another What Box will you buy thread.

Mods can u make a sticky thread w/ a list of all over used and silly threads, and ppl might look at it b4 posting threads that av been posted 100's of times.

Just a thought

Gordon or G-man.
Gordon because... well its Gordon Freeman!
G-man because you just gotta luuuuuuv that voice.

I'd want a box with just the HL2 logo, not some 1337 nerd like Gordon. I wouldn't mind buying the alyx box, but it's like buying tomb raider, no?

CE if it's any good.

From the regular boxes I would pick Gordon cause I wouldn't want an old man on my box, neither a woman that makes the game look like some Tombraider clone (don't get me wrong, Alyx is cool, but not for the cover).

Collector's Edition. If I had to choose another box, it would be G-Man.

If I had to buy it in a store I would pick the G-Man. He's such an interesting character.

doesnt matter as long as i can play hl2 and cs source i dont buy hl2 for the goddamn box to watch @ it

Collectors All the way, And max of payment i would spend is £60

Yeah, Collectors Ed. for me too, Gorgon. I would, though, be willing ot pay more, perhaps £80 if it contained lots of Nerdy T-shirts and stuff...

Wow, someone thought that was a genuine question. Groovy!

i will be warezing mine, so it depends on what i can get at cdcovers.cc ^^
j/k
i will buy gordon's face (ewww, said like this sounds a little discusting) as i don't have money to purchase the CE

If steam works all its kinks out int he next few weeks, database wise, I will buy over steam at first. For the sole fact that valve gets a bigger cut than from vivendi. In the future I may buy the boxed set but it will be the collectors edition of course.

This is also assuming that my store:

a) gets the game
b) doesn't run out of copies
c) actualy HAS the collectors edition when I go to buy it
d) for one of the reasons above doesn't offer me a selection of boxes with crayon drawing on the front, stuffed with shredded newspaper

If it's anything like Doom 3, we'll be screwed. All the internet retailers (in the UK) I tried ran out on the first day because there were so many back orders. I rang up one yesterday and they quoted a lead time of 3 weeks, whereas another had stock.

Steam will be the best route, I'm convinced. Then get a CE version at a later date.

im buying over steam, so no box for me :stare:

Back