why hasn't hl2 been released...ppl playing in canada already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...I'm from Canada and I haven't got HL2 yet...you better get your friend to show you cause everyone here is not going to believe it.

lotusboy101 said:
this isn't about the release date, or even getting a copy early. It's about the FACT that you CAN'T play HL2 until it is authenticated on the Steam/Valve server. So even if you have the game installed, you CAN'T play until it is authorized on the release day. When will you realize this?!!!!
its only a fact if u can prove it...can u?

KBharvester said:
i did yombi...i don't see how that means jack shit...if valve told u the world was flat u would believe it...wouldn't u?

If Valve created the earth and said it was flat then i'd believe them.

They made HL2 for ****s sake, they know the deal and have round the clock upto scratch information on their own game. Something your buddy does'nt have.

Why are Valve going to lie about every HL2 bought needs to go through Steam to be activated huh? what exactly would they gain from that? Yeah you guessed it. Jack shit.

You really think Valve are dumb enough to let people pre-load HL2 on to their computer and have only one form of protection from it being unlocked?

Alig said:
If Valve created the earth and said it was flat then i'd believe them.

They made HL2 for ****s sake, they know the deal and have round the clock upto scratch information on their own game. Something your buddy does'nt have.

Why are Valve going to lie about every HL2 bought needs to go through Steam to be activated huh? what exactly would they gain from that? Yeah you guessed it. Jack shit.

You really think Valve are dumb enough to let people pre-load HL2 on to their computer and have only one form of protection from it being unlocked?

was that english?

I have to admit though...nice "ATTRACT ATTENTION THREAD" though cause it really worked.

KBharvester said:

This is rich. You put the burden of proof on others when you haven't even shown us the "proof" your pal supposedly has.

Excuse me while I go and replace my Irony Meter. You busted it.

KBharvester said:

Valve and Gabe himself have already confirmed that the game must be authenticated online before playing!!! Most HL2 sites have already also confirmed this. I beleive Valve, and many popular game magazines over your one friend in Canada, who is supposedly out and about today, even though he has HL2 at home on his computer. If he really had HL2, do you think he'd be away from his computer? He would be sitting on his ass playing it and proving that he owns it right now! Yet you claim he is gone, unable to send proof. I doubt that.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA. Half-Life 2 will be released in Canada on the same day as it will everywhere else. It is not out yet, and it's not out on BitTorrent yet (thankfully).

AND GORDON DOES NOT SAY 'ABOOT" IN OUR VERSION :p

hitman05 said:
I live in Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA. Half-Life 2 will be released in Canada on the same day as it will everywhere else. It is not out yet, and it's not out on BitTorrent yet (thankfully).

AND GORDON DOES NOT SAY 'ABOOT" IN OUR VERSION :p

ABOOT!! HAHAH!! LOL!! Me thinks mod!!

KBharvester said:
didn't valve confirm sept 3oth?

Then they said "WHOOPS SORRY DUDES IT'S NOT COMING OUT ON THAT DATE".

What's your point. That is, if you have one.

KBharvester, apparently you are new to the scene, so please don't make un-informed claims because everybody islaughing at you right now.

thanks.

Absinthe said:
Then they said "WHOOPS SORRY DUDES IT'S NOT COMING OUT ON THAT DATE".

What's your point. That is, if you have one.

and maybe they will say whoops, we forgot if u bought the game at a store no activation is required...

hasan said:
KBharvester, apparently you are new to the scene, so please don't make un-informed claims because everybody islaughing at you right now.

thanks.

indeed we are.

hasan said:

thanks.
lol new...thats funny man...

i wish a MOD would just close this, this thread is getting silly there is no proof of this you say your mate never lies to you..... HE JUST DID! it is inpossible
Confirmation (again) from Valve that the RETAIL game requires authentication via Steam AND the Internet. (JonH is from Valve/Steam Support - sorry there are no headers - the reply was received via Steam Support on the Web)

Response (JonH) 10/19/2004 01:18 PM
Hello,

"Will it require setting up a STEAM account so that the game can be authenticated ONLINE at install time? (and then play OFFLINE)"
Exactly, this is how the game will be 'activated'.

UNQUOTE

--
Grumps

Admin_Winnuting said:
OMG why are you still saying " it's not out yet" KB never said it's out yet!

if anyone has a copy, it would be a VUG employee.. Wiether he's saying its been released or someone has a copy, it's still pretty much bs.

edit: activation was confirmed from vug support aswell.

KBharvester said:
and maybe they will say whoops, we forgot if u bought the game at a store no activation is required...

we all know thats not true so thats not the case

Not that I necessarily think this is true but a lot of people seem to think Steam will ensure a leak cannot be played when in fact CS: Source already been cracked numerous times and that requires a server to even play it, not only authenticate it once as apparently will be the case with HL2.

If/when it's leaked Steam wont stop these people.

KBharvester said:
my friends don't lie to me...

I think its time to reconsider that statement.

Oh and save this picture and everytime you want to make a post on HL2 + when we can play it just look at the picture.

*note *

.....UNLOCKED ON RELEASE
........UNLOCKED ON RELEASE
...........UNLOCKED ON RELEASE

Edit/
pblse said:
Not that I necessarily think this is true but a lot of people seem to think Steam will ensure a leak cannot be played when in fact CS: Source already been cracked numerous times and that requires a server to even play it, not only authenticate it once as apparently will be the case with HL2.

Thats obviously not the case with HL2 as i'm quite sure they've taken a lot more measures with its security than they did CS:s. Incase you didn't know but everyone buying from Steam probably has the entire full game of HL2 on their computer.

Source-Clicky!

Minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
Anyone care to take a stab at what an internet connection would be required for to play the game if it's not for activation? :rolleyes:

KBharvester said:
hes at work atm...

Let me clear this up:

RUMOR: Your 'friend' has Half-Life 2 and has been playing It for a while without steam.
FACT: Your 'friend' allegedly has the final version of Half-Life 2 and It doesn't require steam activation.
TRUTH: Half-Life 2 requires to be activated on Steam at least once to prevent piracy before you can play the game in offline mode and Half-Life 2 will be released world-wide on November 16th 2004 or earlier/later depending upon a delay in the shipping and copying process.

So unless your friend is a Half-Life 2 play tester he is lying.

pblse said:
Not that I necessarily think this is true but a lot of people seem to think Steam will ensure a leak cannot eb palyed when in fact CS: Source already been cracked numerous times and that requires a server to even play it, not only authenticate once as with HL2.

It will stop them....for a short period of time. I'm sure alot of their effort will be on HL2. CS:S was (is) really only a port over to the source engine. The game they've been working on for years should have better security.

I'm kind of amazed it hasn't been leaked all over the net yet.

Calhoun said:
Let me clear this up:

RUMOR: Your 'friend' has Half-Life 2 and has been playing It for a while without steam.
FACT: Your 'friend' allegedly has the final version of Half-Life 2 and It doesn't require steam activation.
TRUTH: Half-Life 2 requires to be activated on Steam at least once to prevent piracy before you can play the game in offline mode and Half-Life 2 will be released world-wide on November 16th 2004 or earlier/later depending upon a delay in the shipping and copying process.

So unless your friend is a Half-Life 2 play tester he is lying.

I think you cracked it. :)

KB does not have an msn buddy. He's merely a troll here to stir up the forums.

the only reason this thread isn't closed because all moderators and admins are secretly hopping that this fool, is right.

OMG STEAM JUST UNLOCKED FOR REAL CHECK!

ha made you look

KBharvester said:
a msn buddy of mine has informed of this...can this be true? if so, why hasn't it been released on stem? wtf?

im moving to canada. does damn canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back