[WIP]cs_mansion *Teaser*

Progress update :

csmansion00051td.jpg

That last screenshot.... No light source, shitload of specular light on the floor... where's the light thats being reflected on the floor? Doesn't look right, looks like P.Diddy's face after a night of drinking, shiny as ****. Make sure you put env_cubemap in each room at eye_level and that you do BUILDCUBEMAPS in the console in game.

THUGENSTEIN said:
That last screenshot.... No light source, shitload of specular light on the floor... where's the light thats being reflected on the floor? Doesn't look right, looks like P.Diddy's face after a night of drinking, shiny as ****. Make sure you put env_cubemap in each room at eye_level and that you do BUILDCUBEMAPS in the console in game.

The room was meant to be dark. (which person leaves all the lights of his house on during the day?) And yes, I do have cubemaps at eye level and I do buildcubemaps. Oh and the light that is being reflected is coming from the room next to it, which is lighted.

Ranga said:
carefully move a block down, then press carve?

If you dont know what you are talking about dont respond :thumbs:

Select both brushes, displacement, sew. If that doesnt work yo will delete them and recreate them. Next time however, when you create them, select all the faces you want to displace, and before you start morphing them, click autosew and you wont have that problem.

If you dont know what you are talking about dont respond

woh! sorry! just trying to help. suppose it wasn't needed. that's what i would have done (but then my map wouldn't look anywhere near as good as navyseal's, tbh)

gj navyseal, keep up the work

Arg, when I try to select auto-sew, it says that too many faces share a single edge. What does that mean?

ok, then you arent making your brushes correctly. the edges you are trying to sew must be the same length and touch along the side. So basically you need to make 2 squares side by side, im guessing you have a square and a rectangle (one edge longer than the other) and are trying to sew those correct? If you dont understand ill try finding a link for a tutorial but its really simple I think.

DjBourgeoisie said:
ok, then you arent making your brushes correctly. the edges you are trying to sew must be the same length and touch along the side. So basically you need to make 2 squares side by side, im guessing you have a square and a rectangle (one edge longer than the other) and are trying to sew those correct? If you dont understand ill try finding a link for a tutorial but its really simple I think.

Yes, I do have a square and a triangle. So I need to make it into 3 squares instead?

navyseal2004 said:
Yes, I do have a square and a triangle. So I need to make it into 3 squares instead?

Ya I dont think you can use triangles, just so long as the sides you are trying to sew are the same length and are lined up next to one another you shouldnt have any problem.

Update :

csmansion00114iq.jpg

P.S. The pillars have not been finalised yet. I just haven't found anything that looks better.

Its looking good man.

Your pretty good at making levels.

Well done...looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Here's another update :

csmansion00141tv.jpg

csmansion00169ov.jpg

The above pic displays the new sewer entrance/exit. It is unlighted at the moment.

Keep it looking like someone lives there.. and add a bit more "foliage" to the outside of the mansion.. I dunno what kind of environment your going for, so if you explained in a caption what your level is trying to achieve.. i could help some more.. nice job so far.

Yes I will add more foliage outside. However I am focusing on the interior of the mansion at the moment.

Looks good,

My only suggestion for now would be to increase the width of the point_spot entities on the street lights and shorten their length.

Spiffy

shit man it wont let me use all caps when i want to so bad....

Thanks for the compliments! The map in fact is on schedule for a June release. So a beta will be out soon.

Looking good yet the street on the opposite side of the mansion is crappy you need some landscape in the background or something like that :) (constructive criticism i swear because i love estate enough :p)

Yes I know it's plain. I'll work on the surroundings once I'm done with the playable section of the map. And this map is not estate, it's mansion. Estate is the bigger version.

Back