World Cup of Hockey

Well Canada wins, let the countdown to the lockout begin....

T-Minus 1 Hour 10 minutes.

Or 2 Hours 10 Minutes if you count Eastern Time...which is more correct :O !

ShadowFox said:
Congratulations to Canada for winning the most depressing hockey game in history.

Your just upset because you can't use the "we lost to the champions" as an excuse. ;)

A True Canadian said:
Your just upset because you can't use the "we lost to the champions" as an excuse. ;)
Nah.. the US team was a bunch of prima-donnas. I'm not upset about that. I just want to be able to watch my Flyers again but the greed of others won't allow that.

ShadowFox said:
Nah.. the US team was a bunch of prima-donnas. I'm not upset about that. I just want to be able to watch my Flyers again but the greed of others won't allow that.

Too true. I'm gonna miss not having hockey to watch every Saturday night. Just when most of the NHL teams begin to even out in playing ability (which makes more games more exciting), the league runs out of money. :rolling:

Shadow you're depressed that you're not going to be able to watch the Flyers. Don't make me laugh. Well I guess its not as bad as watching the Maple Leafs play.

this was a great game :thumbs:
hats off to the Finns, they played very well considering the talent they were up against :)

that Tuomo Ruutu goal.. omg :O
what a beauty.. hehe perhaps it gives some competition to the Alex Kovelev goal (the one scored against the Americans) for the goal of the tourney award :cheese:

how about Super Mario eh? i thought he should have been the tourney MVP.. oh well Vinny ain't bad choice ;)

NJD2003 said:
Shadow you're depressed that you're not going to be able to watch the Flyers. Don't make me laugh. Well I guess its not as bad as watching the Maple Leafs play.

lol oh my.. low blow :O :p
NJD, how about Marty? i mean u probably see him play more often than most of us here...he sure does give a certain aura about goaltending confidence when hes in goal huh? :)

as far as the lockout goes... i don't want to drag this thread down with that kinda talk...i'd be happy to discuss lockout stuff in an official CBA/Lockout thread tho.

great win for Team Canada, way to go guys!! :cool: :cheers:

Another good thing about Marty is that he talks to his defense, letting them know where a player or the puck is, this lets the defense to go into the corners with their backs turned which helps them dig the puck out.

I'm always amazed at how confident he is in goal and how sharp he is. He gets his teams out of jams that they put themselves into.

Yay for Canada and Brodeur, 3 Cup Rings/1 Olympic Gold Medal/1 Canada Cup.

God that trophy is ugly.

NJD2003 said:
This confirms that this thread is "1337"

lol
we may disagree on NHL team supremacy, but i can appreciate what ur Devils and Martin Brodeur have accomplished ;)

Who won, canddaa or Finland?

I missed the whole thing, since it airs so ****ing late here in Sweden.
Or is it not over yet? :monkee:

DAMN TIMEZONES.

Good Job Canada! Too bad Yzerman couldn't play, that may have been his last chance at hockey with lockout bullsquid happening.

Anyway, the USA team didn't look as good as I expected them to, and I think they could have used a better goalie, but who?

Lots of talent from all over the world in NHL hockey.

Too bad the season is cancelled this year. Hopefully the two sides will wake up and see how bad this is going to piss off the fans.

What I can't understand is why are teams willing to pay their players so much friggin money, when they know they are going to lose money because of it? They whine about the poor state of economy in the sport, yet they continue to dish out the dough anyway. I think the free market system would work if the NHL would get their head out of their @sses and hire an accountant who knows what a negative balance looks like, and knows how to avoid it!

NeLi said:
With how much? :cool:

it was a 3-2 win for Canada :)
Finland didn't look out of place...experts were predicting a romp but with Miikka in nets i thought it would be a one goal game :)

Homercidal said:
Good Job Canada! Too bad Yzerman couldn't play, that may have been his last chance at hockey with lockout bullsquid happening.

Anyway, the USA team didn't look as good as I expected them to, and I think they could have used a better goalie, but who?

Lots of talent from all over the world in NHL hockey.

Too bad the season is cancelled this year. Hopefully the two sides will wake up and see how bad this is going to piss off the fans.

What I can't understand is why are teams willing to pay their players so much friggin money, when they know they are going to lose money because of it? They whine about the poor state of economy in the sport, yet they continue to dish out the dough anyway. I think the free market system would work if the NHL would get their head out of their @sses and hire an accountant who knows what a negative balance looks like, and knows how to avoid it!

if they didn't pay them the sums the players make now, then all the good players would just get offers from another team who would be willing to pay them that amount and u'd end up with a crappy team nobody wants to see anyway. I dont agree with what the NHLPA is doing and think they should stop crying if they have to make a few less million playing a game they love.

Last game with Canada and Finland was a very exciting game. The Fins played excellent.

Back