worst game uve ever bought?

Gunner said:
I'd have to say without a doubt: Shogo Mobile Armor Division.

I liked Shogo - a remake would be great.

Pariah. I'm going to write a review one of these, wherein I spew how terrible it was, where I list and note all of its shortcomings, all of the sloppy, terrible, appalling design ideas, the lazy level design, the shoddy plot wherein its such a ****ing mess, its got a last boss you've never met, then theres the craptastic weapons, the horrifyingly bad animations, the fact there is only 3 enemy variations, the most disgusting pacing in any game, ever...and....I could go on forever.

But I won't.

I'll just say; PARIAH.

babyheadcrab said:
I love that game! Still do!

Likewise. It needs a Revolution sequel. :cheese:

Pokemon Stadium however.... apart from the minigames and seeing all the Pokemon in 3D, it had all the appeal of a dead toaster.

Vampire bloodlines, bought it purely from positive opinions on a forum I used to visit. It's a horribly buggy, overrated POS. A demo in the hard drive is worth two games in dvd drives.

*cough* *cough*Half-life*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough* j/k

I never bought half-life.

Worst Game I ever bought is going to have to be hmm this is tough... I'm going to say Commandos.

nutcrackr said:
Vampire bloodlines, bought it purely from positive opinions on a forum I used to visit. It's a horribly buggy, overrated POS. A demo in the hard drive is worth two games in dvd drives.

You sir, sicken me.

4th Worst: Painkiller did suck, thankfully I spent about 8 total.

3rd Worst: Worst purchase ever has to be “Metal Gear Solid 2” for PC. After waiting through 2 hours of intro-movies before skipping about another hour of intro movies, the game finally starts. Then it takes me about 3 more hours to figure out the controls (Mapping “g” to “L1” on the controller???) – after 30 minutes of actual play-time, I couldn’t force myself to play it anymore. Thankfully I only spent $10 on this.

2nd Worst: Doom 3. I never bought into the hype, but I finally bought the game. The entire game was boring as hell – except maybe the hell level – but after the hell level it’s boring as hell. For all the hype about it’s physics (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, WTF?) and graphics – it was quite interesting to note that you might find one physics object (a chair) every 10 minutes (thankfully) and the graphics were so dark that you couldn’t see any of the impressive graphics.

Worst: Halo PC, probably don’t even need to say why. I even only paid $10 of the $50 purchase, my bro wanted to split the game and eventually I “gave in.”

P.S. I tried vampire bloodlines & while I think the game should have been fun, it's overly blantant bugs and buggy controls (my character would sometimes keep walking & I'd lsoe control for 5 sec) turned me off the game. I eventaully uninstalled it and returned the discs to my friend.

He did say MGS2 for the PC, which I'll forgive because I can't imagine even trying to play that game on a keyboard :/ Now if he left that part out...

*revs up chainsaw*

Most PS ports have the idea that you don't need to 'configure keys', even though the maps they usually offer are always pants. Luckilly the only PS ports I've played have always been demo's, accept possibly GTA: SA, which was alright, but not innovative.

Although the level design of Kill Switch (PS2 -> PC) was lame, I would have to give the thumbs up for the gameplay, I must of played the demo like 23 times. Never had the idea of buying it though.

phantomdesign said:
4th Worst: Painkiller did suck, thankfully I spent about 8 total.

2nd Worst: Doom 3. For all the hype about it’s physics (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, WTF?)

Painkiller was awesome. o.o

And I don't remember there being any hype over Doom 3's physics... but for what its worth, it was a homemade physics engine that they built themselves... gotta give them credit for that.

xlucidx said:
Painkiller was awesome. o.o

And I don't remember there being any hype over Doom 3's physics... but for what its worth, it was a homemade physics engine that they built themselves... gotta give them credit for that.

I think it was the physics gun they had made for ROE that was hyped. But even though it was not an original concept, they managed to make the visuals better (The space around the gun warped when active)

My little brother bought C&C Renegade, which was pretty awful. Commandos 2 was disappointing after the awesomeness that was the original.

DEATH eVADER said:
I think it was the physics gun they had made for ROE that was hyped. But even though it was not an original concept, they managed to make the visuals better (The space around the gun warped when active)

Ah yeah, that was overhyped.
It was kind of cool that you could catch projectiles from enemies though...

Enter the matrix. I played it for a few hours and it sucked sooooo much. I brought it back the same day and switched it for C&C Generals, which was/is awesome.

Oh, Black and White was an awful game as well.

Yeah, Black and White. Also, State of Emergency for PS2 sucked balls. And not in a good way, either.

Probably the game Blazing Angels. The thing is I actually liked the game... but its a flying game... and IT DOESNT SUPPORT JOYSTICKS. Well it does, but they have a default button mapping that is so messed up you cant play (yay for button 7 firing, whether or not you have a button 7!), and you cant change the controls.

Not only that but I had to uninstall the game BECAUSE OF F-KING STARFORCE. After installing the game, no other disk besides the game disk would run, I couldnt burn any cds, and if I put other disks in (music, drivers, other games) I would just get a bluescreen and have to reboot. After uninstalling and running the starforce driver cleanup program... everything is back to normal.

So yeah. spent 40 bucks on a game that I could hardly control and broke my computer. Too bad, because the game itself was pretty damn fun.

AiM said:
He did say MGS2 for the PC, which I'll forgive because I can't imagine even trying to play that game on a keyboard :/ Now if he left that part out...

*revs up chainsaw*
If they did a decent job porting the controls, I would have enjoyed the game I'm sure.

It appears that all that they did to port it to the PC was EMULATE it in it's entirety, except merely allow a person to map buttons (no analog, mouse didn't work) to actions on the origional PS2 controller. They didn't even tell you what the buttons were supposed to do, it was like mapping K to R1 or ridiculous shit like that. Even while starting the game, it would ask you to push the "start" button and during the intro sequence it would ask you to push L1 or Y (etc). It really was a horrendous experience on the PC.

I really did want to enjoy the game :(

Worst game ive ever bought?? Hmm..

1- Halo
2- Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines (avoid this like your life depended on it..bug heaven)
3- The Thing
4- No One Lives Forever (Though it was DAMN funny at the time, ultimately crap though)
5- Vietcong (mmmmm bug heaven 2)
6- All of the Tribes series.

ĐynastҰ said:
Worst game ive ever bought?? Hmm..

1- Halo
2- Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines (avoid this like your life depended on it..bug heaven)
3- The Thing
4- No One Lives Forever (Though it was DAMN funny at the time, ultimately crap though)
5- Vietcong (mmmmm bug heaven 2)
6- All of the Tribes series.

When I played bloodlines, I really didnt have that many bugs. Few animation errors here and there, but the game really made up for it.

phantomdesign said:
If they did a decent job porting the controls, I would have enjoyed the game I'm sure.

It appears that all that they did to port it to the PC was EMULATE it in it's entirety, except merely allow a person to map buttons (no analog, mouse didn't work) to actions on the origional PS2 controller. They didn't even tell you what the buttons were supposed to do, it was like mapping K to R1 or ridiculous shit like that. Even while starting the game, it would ask you to push the "start" button and during the intro sequence it would ask you to push L1 or Y (etc). It really was a horrendous experience on the PC.

I really did want to enjoy the game :(
Clearly it's made for gamepads only. Why anyone would want to use a keyboard I have no idea. Just like Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and most other PS2 ports.

DeusExMachina said:
All those games he listed are pretty good games. But hey, its his opinion.

NO ITS NOT!

HE'S EXPRESSING A MIND OF HIS OWN, SUPPRESS HIM!

LEGO: Rockraiders, It has some fun parts about it, it's an RTS, and you can control your rockraider guys and stuff, but the game just blows ass after the first half-hour, worst 5 bucks I ever spent! I don't even know why I bought it in the first place.

I forgot about the lego games. As much as I love lego, they have made a group of some of the worst games ever.
The creator games: harry potter 1 and 2, knights kingdom.
Lego island was crap.
Lego Racers was also somewhat crap, lego racers 2 was way better.
Stunt rally was much crap.
Lego Island 2 was alright. There was another lego Island game, like they were makign a movie on the island... that one was good. Lego star wars was pretty good, too.

That lego game where you're the pizza guy was ****ing bad ass to the max. I beat that game like 5 times it was so good.

easy... DRIV3R... would had more fun using the money spent to wipe a dog's ass...

OmegaX said:
Well this is an easy decision. Half-Life 2.
WARNING. HOSTILE MODE ACTIVATED. PROCEEDING TO NEUTRALIZE TARGET.

Turok: Evolution. What. The. ****. Is. This. Shit.

I played LEGO ISLAND 1 when it first came out, I was like 7 or something like that, I thought it was the best game ever made, with the best graphics and all that, looking back on it now, it seems like Doom has better graphics, and way better gameplay.

HAH! i remember lego island, I also remember being dissapointed, thought there was more things to do.

Back