Worst or Most Pointless Show on TV?

D

Da Ewok

Hey here just post what you think if the most pointless show on TV.

For me is:

Anything on Nick Jr
Lil' Romeo
Gilmore Girls

Date my mom. All those reality shows are staged, but this one lets you know the actors are basically reading off of cue-cards with shitty one-liners.

meh - destroyed my television in the 90s and never looked back.

Nanny 911

Celebrity Skating

Both are primetime shows on Fox. Arrested Development was a primetime show on Fox. It was cancelled once, brought back because of DVD sales, and unofficially cancelled again in the middle of its third season. I believe it is the best TV show to ever be made.

These shows are still aired on Fox.

...now what does that tell us about American public television?

****ing Pop Idol/X-Factor/'Talent' show bullsht

I wasn't really sure when I entered this thread but good god you picked the worst show in gilmore girls.

ShinRa said:
Date my mom. All those reality shows are staged, but this one lets you know the actors are basically reading off of cue-cards with shitty one-liners.
qft, that show is such a pos.

Anything on MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon(they used to be good), and Cartoon Network(same).

And all reality shows (ex: Survivor, American Idol, Black White)

Big Brother
The Games
I'm a celebrity (GMOOH)
Trinny & Susannah
Stars in their Eyes
X-Factor
American/Pop Idol

Erghhhhh... I can name more, but the memory, she struggles.

Reality Shows (excl. The Apprentice, No Experience Required (Irish), Survivor, Jailbreak)

One of the worst at the moment is a thing on Irish Television where "celebrities" dance (irish dance) to popular tunes of today that just arent meant to be danced to (probably at all)...Examples include Paddy Casey, The Thrills and U2...

Funniest thing is that one of their judges is to represent the lay-man (he's a rugby commentator and analyst) and another is to represent the "couch-potato"...ie he has no purpose...

yeh i agree with you all. we need more PROPER shows and less reality tv b**lshit :)

i can see what you mean when you say news. apart from BBC all news are bias :p

Everything that goes under the category Reality-TV. They should just let the genre die already.

ShinRa said:

yep, exactly. room raiders, date my mom. all fvcking bullshit. plus date my mom's got that creepy 'not quite morally right' aspect to it. freaks me out.

sabre0001 said:
Reality Shows (excl. The Apprentice, No Experience Required (Irish), Survivor, Jailbreak)

One of the worst at the moment is a thing on Irish Television where "celebrities" dance (irish dance) to popular tunes of today that just arent meant to be danced to (probably at all)...Examples include Paddy Casey, The Thrills and U2...

Funniest thing is that one of their judges is to represent the lay-man (he's a rugby commentator and analyst) and another is to represent the "couch-potato"...ie he has no purpose...
lol that new irish show is so bad, i was literally cringing when i saw it :x

God, TV in general is so bad these days. I almost never watch it. When I do, I pretty much just stick to Comedy Central, Adult Swim, and National Geographic Channel.

I have to say I'm surprised at the super-negative reaction. We're seeing really good science fiction TV starting to pop up all over the place ever since LOST got popular.

Street Cents.
It's a Canadian TV show that I unfortunately pick up. It's 30 minutes of:

"WTF! THIS PACKAGE SAID I WILL GET 200 HAIR CLIPS AND I ONLY GOT 180 THIS ONE TIME!?! BBQ REBELLION!!"
or
"I believe this basketball is much better since while bouncing it, I get .5 cm more height!"
And don't get me started on the STD protection episode.
:|

Gilmore Girls
Anything sounds classy if you say it fast enough :)

Any reality show, except for Wife Swap, that thing sucked me in because they were all insane.

McLeoud's Daughters
About some Aussie (i think) girls running a ranch. Its so annoying, how many bloody times can you fall into a wheat grinder? Nobody is that stupid.

Skaadi said:
Gilmore Girls
Anything sounds classy if you say it fast enough :)

Skaadi, you son of a...

Er, I love the Gilmore Girls. I don't know why. Everytime I happen to mention it around my male coworkers (a store, not a gay bar for those who are wondering), they all stare. MOCKING me with their eyes. Soon, the fiery sword of the righteous shall seperate the heads of those who DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Also, I really don't like reality shows.

hey, how did you do that thing with the link?

Most television in general. Fox keeps cancelling the only good things that ever happened to them. All news channels, all reality shows, MTV, VH1 is ok from time to time, even E! is withstandable, but for me, I stick to History, Discovery, and the movie channels.

Anything on G4. Used to be nothing but game, but now they have all this bullshit like Star Trek, Street Fury, The Man Show. And anything on VH1 and MTV.

Pretty much everything on TV now is shite. There's still a few things worth watching though. Out of all the channels on Sky (satellite) there's like a handfull worth watching. I generally just like to watch repeats of older shows, films/movies and interesting documentries.

The only stuff I can think of right now that I've seen and was exceptionally crap was 'The Pitts'.

Ya lost is pretty good but the cliffhangers really dull the show it seems like they cant figure out how to make a real climax in an episode where you are on the edge of your seat biting your nails to find out whats happens, BUT have to revert the climax to the end of the show where they can show a clip from next week and kind of ruin it; or you just forget what happens

, tv has gotten really bad for me so now i just read japanese manga the plots are usually better people actually put heart and soul into production. opposed to the hollywood millionaires with their crappy movies and crappy music.

blogs/good editorials make up for the lack a little

Mind of Mencia ( He's a moron )
My Sweet 16 ( why havn't all those kids been murdered yet? )
and a bunch of others...

American Idol.
Everybody Loves Raymond.
Charmed(BYE BYE BITCHES!)
Plenty of others.

While I agree that 90% of TV is crap now a days, what really pisses me off is spin-offs. CSI spin-offs, Law and Order spin-offs, Stargate Atlantis, all of these basically tried to take a good show and do the exact same thing......but different. Luckily I haven't seen a new spin-off crop up in a while.

I HATE that tv show called The Biggest Loser or somthing like that....
Why watch a TV show that has people trying lose weight and getting all upset over nothing... HOW ENTERTAINING

Back