"You never accepted Jesus." - 'Ugly Betty' actor kills mother with samurai sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly ignorant PvtRyan...

Ah yes, all that evidence of psychic abilities from controlled, repeatable, scientifically-sound experiments... oh wait. Am I really ignorant for not accepting a claim that is easily put to the test, but apparently never successfully?

God punishes those he love to draw them to him to call out when times are tough.

Haha, this is actually a really good example of what I said earlier. Imagine if a real person, I don't know, killed your best friend without leaving any traces. And then this person intentionally re-entered your life at just the time you needed comfort for the loss of your friend. A ****ed up psychopath of a human being, no doubt. But that shit is apparently high up on the list of qualities they like for their deity.

Haha, this is actually a really good example of what I said earlier. Imagine if a real person, I don't know, killed your best friend without leaving any traces. And then this person intentionally re-entered your life at just the time you needed comfort for the loss of your friend. A ****ed up psychopath of a human being, no doubt. But that shit is apparently high up on the list of qualities they like for their deity.

It's either admitting that God is a huge asshole, or that suffering in this life doesn't really matter as the next one is better anyway and you'll just have to suffer through it. The latter is pretty depressing to me, that this life is just some sort of stepping-stone to an infinitely better one, a temporary inconvenience in which the only thing that matters is pleasing God so you'll get to go there. Of course, I don't think anyone here actually believes that, as very few are crazy enough to actually believe in an afterlife. The ones that claim they do just like the idea of it, I guess, or just never thought it through. The ones who truly believe in an afterlife happen to be the dumbasses that blow themselves up in a crowded street, but from a religious perspective, it's pretty much the rational thing to do (assuming your deity is also cool with martyrs, but I'm fairly sure that most of the ones that we made up get a boner from that).

I would have to forgive that person for killing my friend, As God has forgiven me I too have to forgive others. As i do struggle to forgive at first i eventually do, its the battle between my sinful nature that gets me.

God said these thing so i have to believe in his word, Its all part of the original sin. We all have it. God placed commandments in our lives to show that NO ONE is GOOD no not one. Anything we do is like filthy rags to God. Jesus did it all for us on the cross.

Do you consider yourself to be a good person?

Have you told a lie before? what do you call someone who lies?
Have you stolen anything ever? What do you call someone who has stolen?
Look at a women with lust? God says if you look at a women with lust you have all ready committed MURDER with her in your heart.

How are you doing ? thats just 3 out of ten commands we are ALL guilty of.

We are all guilty in Gods courtroom, we Deserve Death eternal Hell. He came so we might live.

Sin seperates us from God. Rejecting God is the Ultimate sin according to Jesus.

He love ALL of us, He knocking at the doors of our hearts we willingly need to let him in and alloe him to mold our hearts the way it was meant to be.

Trust in him and he will set you free,from being a slave to sin. You wont be perfect only through God we are seen to be perfect cause if his blood covered us and sin. Seems like a great plan to follow.

It's either admitting that God is a huge asshole, or that suffering in this life doesn't really matter as the next one is better anyway and you'll just have to suffer through it. The latter is pretty depressing to me, that this life is just some sort of stepping-stone to an infinitely better one, a temporary inconvenience in which the only thing that matters is pleasing God so you'll get to go there. Of course, I don't think anyone here actually believes that, as very few are crazy enough to actually believe in an afterlife. The ones that claim they do just like the idea of it, I guess, or just never thought it through. The ones who truly believe in an afterlife happen to be the dumbasses that blow themselves up in a crowded street, but from a religious perspective, it's pretty much the rational thing to do (assuming your deity is also cool with martyrs, but I'm fairly sure that most of the ones that we made up get a boner from that).

Jesus is the only God that did something for us as a sacrifice, sending his ONLY son to die for billions of people. People say ohh its nothing that he died on a cross people have suffered worse than that. You have to think of it like this,

Someone (Jesus) was sent to die willingly and humbly for the very Sins we commit daily over the past and future sins!!! Imagine the Weight of that placed on ONE person.. I mean the wrath of GOD was placed on Jesus its a Supernatural thing ,the thought of it is crazy. He died for all the murderers, rapists, liars, child molesters, Every possible sin out there he bore it. He wants us to willingly accept him, thats why he doesn't just reveal himself to us, if he did #1 Scriptures say we would instantly die but most importantly he doesnt want us to be like robots and coming to him and saying ohh ok there he is now i believe theres no faith in that. Takes a lot of faith to believe in God. Walk by faith not by site.

Lets say I change my life into thinking that there is no God and i was in that position all ready... What now i do whatever I want to please myself I've been there, trying to aquire things or be someone in this world seeking more more more IT never stopped it like i had a huge whole in my heart that everything kept falling into it never fulfilling my needs. At the end of it all God grabbed me and took all the weight off my shoulders and began to walk a different walk talk a different talk, The experience God has done in my life is Amazing, The amount of growth through difficult times and good times.

This whole world is putting in our mind the opposite of what god wants for us, Its satan that controls this world and is the father of lies and is deceiving people into being your own God Worshiping yourself and whatnot. As you can see Satan is doing a fine Job in all of us. There is a spiritual war that we cannot see but its there.

If your life is full of suffering and sadness, you can kill yourself, and then God will have you experience that for eternity (which is infinitely longer than life on Earth will even be around). Wow, that's quite a punishment.

Where did this crazy rule book 'The Bible' come from? Someone who says that God spoke to him? Hey, I've met people like that from time to time. God spoke to George Bush as well.

What if you were being tortured every day for years on end. God would be angry if you took your life to end such suffering? Because suffering builds character in Heaven? Because your purpose in life was to be tortured?

Let's look at the universe and see if it is ridiculous and nonsensical...

Nope. It all makes sense and follows laws and rules that can be figured by using logic and math, and has nothing to do with human flaws, like God. Why does God (who is supposed to be perfect and has supposedly created this incredible universe) have so many petty character flaws?
God only reveals himself to me in his word, The bible is not a rule, most people hear that and run for the hills. yes there are commands we need to follow out of love for Jesus. If i was suffering for days I would have to endure anything cause God has placed it in my life and Jesus says He doesnt give us more than we could bare.

I find faith very confusing. If there was no bible or religion, would you believe in whatever Christian god you believe in today? How?

Jesus is the only God that did something for us as a sacrifice, sending his ONLY son to die for billions of people. People say ohh its nothing that he died on a cross people have suffered worse than that. You have to think of it like this,

Someone (Jesus) was sent to die willingly and humbly for the very Sins we commit daily over the past and future sins!!! Imagine the Weight of that placed on ONE person.. I mean the wrath of GOD was placed on Jesus its a Supernatural thing ,the thought of it is crazy. He died for all the murderers, rapists, liars, child molesters, Every possible sin out there he bore it. He wants us to willingly accept him, thats why he doesn't just reveal himself to us, if he did #1 Scriptures say we would instantly die but most importantly he doesnt want us to be like robots and coming to him and saying ohh ok there he is now i believe theres no faith in that. Takes a lot of faith to believe in God. Walk by faith not by site.

Yes, that's nice, except that Jesus is God (Holy Trinity and all) so all that happened (I'm going to pretend here it actually did) is that God performed a magic trick, where he made his physical form appear and then later made it die on a cross. Doing so would cost him literally no effort at all, since he's the omnipotent creator of everything, it's really fucking lazy when you think about it. The man just put no effort into this. Color me unimpressed, I have seen better magic tricks on TV, because did Jesus get sawed in half? It's like me putting an old action figure that I haven't played with in 15 years in a blender, it's a fairly shitty sacrifice when you consider what it cost me: nothing. He'll have to do better than that to win me over, if it's supposed to be a guilt trip, then consider me firmly standing on my two feet. If you disagree, then tell me: what did God lose by letting Jesus get killed?

And yeah, I'm calling Poe's Law on this one as well.

Yes, that's nice, except that Jesus is God (Holy Trinity and all) so all that happened (I'm going to pretend here it actually did) is that God performed a magic trick, where he made his physical form appear and then later made it die on a cross. Doing so would cost him literally no effort at all, since he's the omnipotent creator of everything, it's really fucking lazy when you think about it. The man just put no effort into this. Color me unimpressed, I have seen better magic tricks on TV, because did Jesus get sawed in half? It's like me putting an old action figure that I haven't played with in 15 years in a blender, it's a fairly shitty sacrifice when you consider what it cost me: nothing. He'll have to do better than that to win me over, if it's supposed to be a guilt trip, then consider me firmly standing on my two feet. If you disagree, then tell me: what did God lose by letting Jesus get killed?

And yeah, I'm calling Poe's Law on this one as well.

Its not about the trick you see you have to understand our sinful nature that needs to be washed away. God is 3 different people but 1 being aswell. God became a man like me and you (Flesh) So hes up on the Throne in heaven and sends His only son that is worthy of this plan. God can do whatever he wants so he did just that. After his death he rose from the death another crucial part of the trick and is now sitting at the right hand of God(himself) THen he sent his Holy spirit to dwell in us whoever accepts the free gift of salvation. Thats pretty impressive. If someone in my family died how would i feel? pretty sad and messed up. How much more should I feel towards the death of the creator of this world that died for us? I think a lot went into this plan and Its got a lot of people thinking about stuff. Its up to us to put our faith in that or not. The awesome thing is the choice is ours.

I find faith very confusing. If there was no bible or religion, would you believe in whatever Christian god you believe in today? How?

No. I would ask myself where did we come from and how is this all possible but that's it. I'll be honest there are days were i wanna go back to my old ways cause it was pleasing to me and my flesh, but something is pulling me back into his arms when I try, and there are times i do fall back but God quickly pulls me back into his arms, hard to explain. Its a process in my life called sanctification.

I'll be back in a hour i have to P90x today, good to have this discussion with you guys. Gotta get back into shape lol

It looks to me like everyone is doing a bunch of Catholic bashing more than Christian bashing without even realising it.

Alan, perhaps you should just cut your losses and leave them all to the self-sabotaging spiritual bluntness they wish to wallow in.

In the meantime, we'll strip naked and dance about, chanting the name of the Surpreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna.

krishna3.jpg

Do you pop your head into the middle of conversations at parties or similar social gatherings to say similar things?

Do I state my reasonable assumptions about a person's feelings on a subject after discussing it with him for a few minutes?

This is very interesting for my research.

i am gohst irls

No idea why this thread is still open.

Frankly these threads should never be allowed to see the light of day. They go one of two ways, boring or unproductive, and then this happens.

I guess we all said what we had to say so we are done here then?

Who is this Karishna?

What does the Beast look like?

When Satan comes to earth in a visible body he will be glorious, impressive, attractive and charismatic.

People will recognize that he is stronger and more majestic than a mere human being. People will be convinced by their senses that Satan is God. The book of Revelation calls him the beast.

The beast will speak in a melodious voice and he will have friendly, loving eyes. He will be gentle and kind. His appearance will dazzle and charm people. He will be extremely powerful.

“And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.” Revelation 13:1

When Satan comes to earth looking like God and claiming to be God, he will have seven symbolic heads. Each head will have a blasphemous name.

Blasphemy is claiming to be God when you aren’t God. Satan will claim to be God even though he is not God. He will give himself seven names that are variations of God’s name.

The 10 horns that the beast has are 10 of Satan’s leading demons. These 10 demons will be kings and rule with Satan. This is why each of them is wearing a crown.

Kinda like Jesus. All of those things describe Jesus of Nazareth.

The rest of that is sounds like a fairy tale to scare people. Seriously, is he attractive and charismatic with kind eyes, or is he a "# 13; terrifying beast from hell with 7 heads and 10 horns, with extra evil on top"? Make up your mind.

I guess we all said what we had to say so we are done here then?
It's really sad and sick what you say.

I always feel like religious people are just begging to be comforted. They aren't exactly bright, and have been quite easily convinced by religion and want someone to refute it. They want someone to refute it so they can feel relief, relief from the "fear of hell". They themselves are just terrified that "it could be true" and they are really bad at figuring chances "50/50 chance of it being true" (because it either is or is not, right?) :LOL:

I think they will continue to play devil's advocate for their whole lives. They are far too scared of the unknown. They will never feel the joy of freewill. This beautiful and scary life that we only get one of, is squandered in wallow and grovelling.

You can't even fathom God, and you assume it's great stuff where you sit on Santa's knee. If there was a creator of the universe, it's safe to say for certain that religion has nothing to do with it. Religions have been lost in time, and new ones pop up occasionally.

After visiting psychics one on one, as well as seeing more famous mediums live I believe there is some kind of spiritual afterlife, but I don't believe there is any kind of religion to it.

I hope to God you are joking or trolling!

I don't expect you to believe any of it, but then again you don't know what experiences I have had either.

I know, I'm not trying to convince anyone.

We are all guilty in Gods courtroom, we Deserve Death eternal Hell. He came so we might live.

Sin seperates us from God. Rejecting God is the Ultimate sin according to Jesus.

He love ALL of us, He knocking at the doors of our hearts we willingly need to let him in and alloe him to mold our hearts the way it was meant to be.

Trust in him and he will set you free,from being a slave to sin. You wont be perfect only through God we are seen to be perfect cause if his blood covered us and sin. Seems like a great plan to follow.

That's pretty stupid.

So God created us, with out imperfect, sinful human nature KNOWING that we will commit sins, no matter how hard we try - because this is how HE created us.

Then he says that we deserve eternal hell for committing sins (like the 3 you mentioned). But we are unable to not commit them, because he created us as beings that commit sin.

Then he sends his son (let's keep it simple and not go into the physical manifestation of self aspect) to die so that we can have our sins forgiven.

In the above case, why did he create this "eternal hell for sins" rule anyway? It was his rule and if he invalidated it, Jesus' would not have to die on the cross. He's GOD, he's almighty, he can do whatever he wants, when he wants - he doesn't have to sacrifice anything.

Or perhaps God could have not given us a sinful nature? That would remove the problem altogether.

but then again you don't know what experiences I have had either.

Sure, but I can hazard a guess that they involved high probablility questions and an element of wanting to believe ;)

They weren't questions funnily enough, I just sat down and she started talking, I just sat there dumb founded. She was telling me things, like she didn't need an answer because she already had it.

And she was specific, you weren't making the connections?

Not at all, some things were hazy, but she brought up things that I'd thought about, and ideas I have in my head I have never told anyone, it was quite eerie.

See, i'd need specifics to be convinced. 'You are going to have trouble in your Microsoft exam next friday'. 'Your Dad, first name last name, says he's sorry about the argument you had at the pub last time you spoke'. As soon as anything vague like 'you're feeling ....' or 'there's been a recent sadness/joy etc etc' my bullshit alarms kick off.

I can't really explain it but then again it's not worth it, because as Remus rightly said you'd need to experience what I experienced to have enough to go on.

Fair enough.

So when we squeeze one off - are there dead people watching us?!

Someone actually asked that at a live show, if they see us during sexual acts etc... and the answer was apparently not.

I know, I'm not trying to convince anyone.
So... you know it's crazy and we wouldn't believe it. Why not explain why you feel it's real, at least. I guess you might think card tricks are real magic. Magic isn't real, man.

At the end of the day we must submit to God and his Lordship and make him Lord of our lives, If you choose not to well there are consequences. I have a hope that there is more than this life and build my faith in that and God shows me in different ways that he is true and his promise will be revealed to those Who trust in him. Its cool now cause we are all healthy and are able to say whatever but when death comes knocking many of you will change what you say not all. Even the Bible talks about when Christ is revealed people will still hate on him.

I dont have to fear Hell or anything anymore cause Jesus promises me that, And heck if its all wrong then I dont lose anything. Just six feet under, and darkness. I live my life like you guys just with faith that changes different things in my heart.

I can't really explain it but then again it's not worth it, because as Remus rightly said you'd need to experience what I experienced to have enough to go on.

This is true i cant explain it , all I know its something in my soul that is deeper than any feeling i can explain. I cant prove God is real or how the earth was formed or where we came from. Its like God has placed (chosen me) as one if his children to get his message out any way possible. In a way God is reaching out through me to you guys in these forums. Its worse when truth is brought to you and you reject it. You will have no excuse on judgment day. Its like I'm a messenger of God.

If you dont believe in the bible and what it says to be true than everything i say wont make sense, You need faith to believe it to be true and God will place a supernatural thing in you that if you truly want to find him he will make a way.

I dont have to fear Hell or anything anymore cause Jesus promises me that, And heck if its all wrong then I dont lose anything. Just six feet under, and darkness.

What if you're meant to be worshiping Allah instead? Or Zeus? Odin perhaps?

Its not about the trick you see you have to understand our sinful nature that needs to be washed away. God is 3 different people but 1 being aswell. God became a man like me and you (Flesh) So hes up on the Throne in heaven and sends His only son that is worthy of this plan. God can do whatever he wants so he did just that. After his death he rose from the death another crucial part of the trick and is now sitting at the right hand of God(himself) THen he sent his Holy spirit to dwell in us whoever accepts the free gift of salvation. Thats pretty impressive. If someone in my family died how would i feel? pretty sad and messed up. How much more should I feel towards the death of the creator of this world that died for us? I think a lot went into this plan and Its got a lot of people thinking about stuff. Its up to us to put our faith in that or not. The awesome thing is the choice is ours.

I know the sappy stories and I really don't care about them, all I'm saying is that it's not impressive as God did not actually sacrifice anything, because he lost nothing. Hence, we are not in his debt, we do not owe God anything. All I want is an answer to the question as to what exactly God lost, and thus sacrificed.

At the end of the day we must submit to God and his Lordship and make him Lord of our lives, If you choose not to well there are consequences.

cut with the "we" crap. you must submit to the will of the collective hive mind that says you must submit to magic sky wizards

I have a hope that there is more than this life and build my faith in that and God shows me in different ways that he is true

so you're in direct communication with god or you're just assuming it's the work of god because you cant explain it?

and his promise will be revealed to those Who trust in him. Its cool now cause we are all healthy and are able to say whatever but when death comes knocking many of you will change what you say not all. Even the Bible talks about when Christ is revealed people will still hate on him.

so you're saying that sooner or later (when death comes knocking) we will find god out of fear ..just like you did

I dont have to fear Hell or anything anymore cause Jesus promises me that, And heck if its all wrong then I dont lose anything.

a life wasted following an imaginary god is not a waste? just think of all the pre-marital sex you could have had!

Just six feet under, and darkness. I live my life like you guys just with faith that changes different things in my heart.

and clouds your mind

At the end of the day we must submit to God and his Lordship and make him Lord of our lives, If you choose not to well there are consequences. I have a hope that there is more than this life and build my faith in that and God shows me in different ways that he is true and his promise will be revealed to those Who trust in him. Its cool now cause we are all healthy and are able to say whatever but when death comes knocking many of you will change what you say not all. Even the Bible talks about when Christ is revealed people will still hate on him.

I dont have to fear Hell or anything anymore cause Jesus promises me that, And heck if its all wrong then I dont lose anything.

Well, unless of course you're not worshiping the real god... only the most popular god. I often wondered about that when I was religious.

You ever stop to wonder why in a world so filled with evil and sinners that the majority religion would just so happen to be yours? I did.

One of my main issues was how people use the hell thing to try and scare people into being religious. If your only reason for having faith is to not go to hell, you're definitely believing for the wrong reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back