Your all time favorate quote's from HL, HL2, & EP1.

"This is not some agent provacatuer or hightly trained assasin. The man you have repeatedly failed to capture is by all accounts that, an ordinary man."

A few of mine...

HECU Soldier: This mission is way beyond Fubar.

Scientist: I...can't hold on...much longer... ARGHH! (Scientist falls down elevator shaft)

Scientist: (Blue Shift; to security guard) Shouldn't you be guarding some doughnuts and coffee right about now?

Scientist: (adjusting tie) Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?

Otis: That mall security job is looking pretty good right now.

Otis: mmm... Candy!

Otis: I'd like to hang that over my fireplace! You know, if I had one...

Alex: Comon Gordon, crank that thing!

z0mg!!1 ist teh sekchshooal inyooendoz!1!!111! I always found that funny from the start... Anyway, one of my favorite quotes are "Pick up that can" from that Metrocop in Point Insertion.

when Alyx says "Gordon..." at the end of HL2 EP1. That made me gulp :p

Vorts are such gentlemen:
Vortigaunt: "We shall put aside the Black Mesa...for now..." *evil chuckle* ^^

"You are charged with sociocidal malcompliance level 2."

I love it.

"Outbreak, Outbreak, ripcord, we have no conatinment, cp is overrun, block center is noncohesive. Administer- blleeearghOooooooowweeeeeeeeeeeep.."

"You are charged with sociocidal malcompliance level 2."

I'd love to quote something like that, but then again, I forgot there was a thread that listed Combine dialogue and code.

Oh, come on! That's not fair. Eli's VOICE ACTOR said those things. Not Eli himself. *Sulks*

o_O

From monkey shaman to Quantum scientist... The world suddenly seems more united.

If it wasn't a piece of trivia i'd read in RtB (and elsewhere), i'm not sure I would have made the link. Robert Guilliame didn't ever get quite as excitable whilst playing Eli Vance :p

edit: it goes without saying, that someone really should have made a short video of Eli Vance acting out some Rafiki dialogue.

Umm... Guys, I think Merle Dandridge, the voice actor for Alyx Vance, took part in the Broadway performance Tarzan.

o_O

Valve likes to have Jungle Actors??? Are you guys making that realization?

Heh, just goes to show how impressively talented the HL2 cast are. It's probably the most impressive voice-cast hired for a video game ever.

Yes, it's refreshing to hear someone with such a mastery of the maxim of 'quantity'. He never says more than is necessary, and his drammatic conversational pauses are entirely believable as examples of genuine conversation. He has one of those brilliant, moving voices and his performance has twice moved me to tears.

o_O

Valve likes to have Jungle Actors??? Are you guys making that realization?

Yeah, pretty much..... BTW, here's a quote from Entanglement:

Alyx: There she is. Leave the talking to me, Gordon.

I think it's self-explanatory.

Heh, just goes to show how impressively talented the HL2 cast are. It's probably the most impressive voice-cast hired for a video game ever.

The voice acting is ok, but not nearly the 'best ever for a video game.'

GTA:SA had Samuel L. Jackson after all!

Thinking about it, imagine if Sammy J did Eli's voice.

The voice acting is ok, but not nearly the 'best ever for a video game.'

GTA:SA had Samuel L. Jackson after all!

Thinking about it, imagine if Sammy J did Eli's voice.

I prefer Rafiki to Sam L. Jackson. Besides, didn't you listen to the first EP2 trailer? That's some quality stuff right there.

Yeah, and I don't want Eli to say: "I'm getting sick of these MotherF-ing Combine on this MotherF-ing planet!" or something along those lines...

If there was a single universal standard of what makes good voice acting, all videogame dialogue would consist of James Earl Jones talking to himself. Do you really want that?

...hmm... James Earl Jones... eh... I'll go with Darth Vader, thank you very much. We don't need no steeenking women or kids.

Im sorry, samuel l jackson has starred in many many many more films than snakes on a plane.

As much as this may come to be a suprise to you Ophiguris, he does have other lines besides the afore mentioned.

Im sorry, samuel l jackson has starred in many many many more films than snakes on a plane.

As much as this may come to be a suprise to you Ophiguris, he does have other lines besides the afore mentioned.

Ehh, I know, but that snakes on a Plane line is soo overated now awadays. I keep hearing it, and the voice acting for it rings through my ears and it BURNS!

My favourite is still the "Forget about Freeman!" radio message, although I was playing Episode 1 again yesterday and became even more impressed at the script and voice acting.

Im sure it was at the end of Surface Tension, just before the level "Forget About Freeman," slighty coincidental to say the least.

(PS, op4 doesnt count)

Back