Your most hated enemy ever in HL!

Reaction score
Which one is your most hated enemy in HL ever? Mine is the Ichtyosaur, why? Because it is: under water, can take a real beating before it goes down (or up you might say:D) and because you get phobic everytime you see water :angry: !

Alien Grunts. Freaking hornet guns could go around corners

This should belong in the General Gaming section...I think.

Probably the marines. They took so long to die....

Does this count for OPFOR? If so it is the Gman... HE STOPPED ME FROM GOING INTO THE CHOPPER WITH THE REST OF THE MARINES!!!11

Land mines. :)

As a side note, I wish I had been "Snarked" to death at least once. hehe.

Annihilator_91 said:
snarked.. lol

Admit it.. the thought of running away from a pack of snarks is amusing to the extreme. Hell, you'd run through 15 grunts and never fire a shot just to avoid the lil beasties! :)

The Ichtyosaur(sp) .. it was the only monster that 'scared' me :f especially because water wasn't very 'see-through'..

Alien Grunts for sure hate those hornet guns.You can avoid them though.

HL = that big robo thing in the underground tram area.. freaked me out whenever I had to run out in the open with it chasing me :p

I hated the Ichtyosaur as well, the way it screamed and made all those wierd noises... I still shudder at the thought of going underwater.

Head crabs. I can never kill em before they get a hit in.

I hate those giant spider things in the underground tunnels in op4 they were scary :eek: especially cause of the fact you couldn't see them coming out of the dark!

The Thing said:
Have you tried shooting them? :thumbs:

I always hated using my amo, especially on something as dumb as a headcrab. Especially since the pistol never would hit them and id have to shoot like six times to kill the lil idiots. I always thought i would run out of amo... something about fighting an assasin with a crowbar was unpleasant...

The best way to take a headcrab out is to run at it swinging your crowbar. :thumbs:

Let's see....oh this is easy, I hated Nihilanth lol....punk teleporting me away instead of taking the beating I was giving it

Actually coming to think of it those baby headcrabs were deadly cause you couldn't see them very well.

The Ichthyosaur. I hated going in the water so much because of them. That and my general phobia of deep water don't go together so well.

For me, it's a tie between the assassins and the icthy, because the only way I could kill them was to stay the hell away and fire randomly.

Assassins seemed very easy to me. All I did, was run straight up to them and shoot. Died very fast....

The waterbeasts scared the shit outta me back then. :|

Those flying things that shoots orange balls..i think they are called masterminds..

Ikerous said:
Head crabs. I can never kill em before they get a hit in.

i felt very 1337 when i figured out how to beat head crabs the first time..***n straight at them with the crowbar, and strafe just a little to dodge them right when they jump. once they land they take forever to get ready for the next lunge, so you can just beat them down np...

and, ya - i'd have to split my vote between the assasins and nihalinth...

I hated that assasin chick, shed hit you really hard than run away, i just could find a way to easily take her down, aside from a well placed nade.

the Ichtyosaur, i swear i was stuck at the dam for about an hour before i actually got past it.

and Annihilator_91, that is so true about getting phobic whenever i saw water :p

I liked all of the monsters in Half-Life. Wasen't any that I really disliked. All of them were easy enough to kill with the right weapons.

Either the second fight with the assassins, or the gonarch.

I hated headcraps because they were annoying. After I beat Half-Life about two times, I had a challenge for myself. Beat the game without getting hurt in which I succeded, but only after a long time. The headcraps stopped me but this is my trick: trick them into jumping and when the land, go up to them and beat the shit out of them.
Hmph...reminds me of Far Cry's tridgens.

Ichtyosaur was a canidate for a while, but of the very few times I ever came across one they gave you a good weapon to kill it, or had one.

I like to go fishing with the scatchel packs. Throw a few in, spaced out, and wait for it to get near it. Great fun and relaxing at the same time.

But, my vote goes to the might Garg, when I saw that guy kill those two soldiers with the car, I paniced. By the time I found the way out the guy was on my ass, not more than two or three footsteps behind me.

Headcrabs, because they scared me when they suddenly jumped on my face while I was crouching tru a vent.. :(

Back