Your Opinion Of This Forum.

Should the politics section close?

• It should close. It's just flamebait.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • It should stay open. I enjoy debating here.

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • It should stay open. It sucks political threads out of off-topic.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Other. (List)

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Pajari said:
Haha, right. To be true poster in politics I have to spout off bullshit at every available opportunity.

its posts like this one why this section is being closed.
seriously, if people got nothing positive to say about topics (this one and all the other ones in other sections) then just keep lurking because uninformed posts cause un-neccessary shit storms.

Dr. Freeman said:
It's been a while.. is this section still going to close...?

In the back of my mind, I have this notion that this is just an elaborate prank to rile us up.

But I don't want to cling to that out of the fear I'll be sorely disappointed.

It's not a prank, sophisticated or otherwise. Stay tuned for more details.

Pi Mu Rho said:
It's not a prank, sophisticated or otherwise. Stay tuned for more details.

noooooooooooo!!!!!

/me beats up ikerous ;)

CptStern said:
/me beats up ikerous ;)
^-^ Sorry, i prefer things to either happen or not happen

If they're going to do it, then do it, if not, then go away

nooooo it'll sting!!! you dont just rip the bandaid off! ..then you're left with a bloody bandaid full of hair, scab and bloody bits ...you take your time and ease if off one bit at a time

/me runs away crying

Dr. Freeman said:
seriously, if people got nothing positive to say about topics (this one and all the other ones in other sections) then just keep lurking because uninformed posts cause un-neccessary shit storms.

That post is hardly uninformed, and I am just stating my opinion after all. Every politics forum on a site otherwise devoted to gaming goes completely to shit unless its heavily modded or the people on the site are apolitical. Thing is, people register for the sole purpose of posting in the politics forum, which pretty much negates the purpose of having one in the first place (to divert the topics from general discussion). People tend to get way, way defensive and haughty in a forum like this because polemics nearly always come before rational discussion, in a gaming forum as much as in real life. And the anonymity of the internet breeds cockiness, elitism, and a false feeling of superiority in nearly everyone. That's why this section is being closed and that's why I agree with the decision.

Also, there's no such thing as a nessecary shit-storm. But nearly every thread in this section ends up turning into one.

Pajari said:
Also, there's no such thing as a nessecary shit-storm. But nearly every thread in this section ends up turning into one.

See, with that statement right there you demonstrated that you don know what you're talking about.

Back