Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
get-image.jpg

Heck yes. Arrives tomorrow, can't wait. D:

holy shit just got Shenmue 2....damn that was fast!

XB1 or Dreamcast(PAL) version?

The Dreamcast PAL version is far superior since it has English subtitles, texts etc, but all the voice-overs are the original Japanese ones(By the way, totally random question, can I write ones there or is it one's?)

Why did they do Japanese voice-overs only for the PAL release? Simple, when they were developing the English version, Sega was extremely short on cash and felt it was not financially viable to do an English dub.

Sadly after they re-cuperated and released the XB1 port, they decided to do English dubs afterall, and they're awful, just like they IMO were for the most part in Shenmue 1(Especially for Ryo!)

Yeah it was nice to have the Japanese voices in Shenmue 2 DC.

Still a great game on either console. Just wish they'd bring out Shenmue 3 :'(

Thanks for the clarification, V!

Also, someone mentioned MAG earlier, personally I thought the beta felt very meh, was wondering if the final version feels a lot more polished than the beta?

Weapon handling in the MAG Beta also felt really weird, when shooting my AKs it felt more like I was shooting BB guns for some reason..

I guess I've come to expect super-realistic handling in my military-focused games because of ARMA2.

Thank you GOG
Is the GOG version compatible with the unofficial patches etc?

Thanks for the clarification, V!
No problem
Also, someone mentioned MAG earlier, personally I thought the beta felt very meh, was wondering if the final version feels a lot more polished than the beta?

Weapon handling in the MAG Beta also felt really weird, when shooting my AKs it felt more like I was shooting BB guns for some reason..
I've never actually tried a beta of a game. Do you get to suggest changes? That's something I would be interested in. That way, I could help to make it the game I want.

PC_GhostPirates_NOE_2Dl.jpg

Just ordered from Amazon UK since it doesn't have a publisher in the US yet. Can't wait! Bill Tiller did the art for Curse of Monkey Island and I love his work!!

Aliens versus Predator for the X-Box 360.

Cost me 0.1 euro and I had to trade in two crappy 360 games(Samurai Warriors 2 Empires and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires.)

Thank you GameStop!

Pre-ordered Heavy Rain and Pokomans Soul Silver.

9216808x.jpg

Gotta say so far I'm underwhelmed :(

I'm only at level 3 to be fair but yeah underwhelmed is the word. It's just not as interesting as the first game and the flawed, simple, repetitive gameplay just becomes more prominent as a result, and don't get me wrong I like bioshock1 unlike most people here :|

Just bought Assassin's Creed II a few days ago. Completed it. Bought the small expansions yesterday. Also bought Portal: Still Alive on XBL.

EDIT: Bought Trials HD today.

EDIT #2: Trials HD is the first game to piss me off in 2010. Game is difficult.

ahaha ****ing loser, you really bought it for pc?

ahaha ****ing loser, you really bought it for pc?

Yes, why exactly does that make me a loser? Oh I see...The DRM. I do not approve of the DRM included with it at all and will be glad when it is 100% cracked, but I have to say, I have had no problems at all with the actual process of installing and playing. In fact, so far, the experience has been the same as any other online activated game. No drop outs or disconnections at all.

I hate the DRM but I'm ****ed if I'm going to get all soapboxey about it stopping me from playing the games I want when it seems to be working fine and there are at least another 2 games coming that I want with this DRM included.

341729ps_500h.jpg

6072231x.jpg

I have CANCELLED my trilogy edition pre order :(

basically because the pandora's box looks like crap. For £110 everything had to be perfect but nope it just looks like cheap plastic :|

FMT2g6.jpg

Less than 4 euros!?!?

Absolute bargain. Absolutely awesome game.

61Uy15TgxfL._SS500_.jpg

Been wanting some stealth games so this should get me my fix.

Last time I tried playing Splinter Cell 1 and Pandora Tomorrow the dynamic shadows were bugged.

You see SC1 and Pandora Tomorrow for PC had a deal with nVidia which meant that only on nVidia GPUs did you get the 'fully dynamic shadows' etc, sadly with modern nVidia drivers there are incompatabilities with the routines used to generate the shadows, so one can't get'em period, no matter brand of GPU, except maybe if it's an older GPU with old drivers.

Unless someone managed to make some amazing unofficial patch to fix it.

Last time I tried playing Splinter Cell 1 and Pandora Tomorrow the dynamic shadows were bugged.

You see SC1 and Pandora Tomorrow for PC had a deal with nVidia which meant that only on nVidia GPUs did you get the 'fully dynamic shadows' etc, sadly with modern nVidia drivers there are incompatabilities with the routines used to generate the shadows, so one can't get'em period, no matter brand of GPU, except maybe if it's an older GPU with old drivers.

Unless someone managed to make some amazing unofficial patch to fix it.

Nah, it's never been fixed. This bugs me. When a company still sells the game knowing full well that a major feature, not only to the visuals but the shadows were related to gameplay as well, is not working for anyone they should be required to patch it. I don't give a **** how old they. Then again, what else would you expect from the same company that let the abomination of a port that Double Agent was be sold in that state and never patched to even fix the level crashes.

823979-dawn_of_war_ii_cover_super.jpg

jaquette-peggle-nights-pc-cover-avant-g.jpg

341729ps_500h.jpg

and next week is a different story, got FFXIII and a few others i want, including Resonance of Fate which I'll wait for reviews

BFBC2 Limited Edition is my most recent purchase as well, on the 360 though.

And next week it'll hopefully be Distant Worlds(upcoming 4X game in space)

I'm enjoying BC2, it's my second FPS for the console and it's not bad. On one hand I like how I have time to sneak around and plan (unlike MW2) but on the other hand, I find myself ending rounds at like 5-1. And then I feel kind of bad knowing I just played for 10ish minutes and only killed 5 people.

So I guess I need to become more aggressive.
matthewmodine.JPG

DoW 2 and Crysis Warhead ( I know its old but I recently upgraded and wanted to see how far I can push my new rig.)

Yeah new here too. :D

183508-final-fantasy-xiii-ps3_original.jpg

Loving it so far! yeah its dumbed down but with it having more save spots and easier gameplay I've noticed its less of a choir and more fun. plus the active combat system really isn't that bad. you just have to pay attention more to health and teammates, plus some members will auto heal and potions heal everyone

I got the new Final Fantasy today as well. JRPG's always make me so nostalgic. :p

I've heard that XIII is notably less RPG than previous titles, with a lot more linearity and less customization and stuff.

Back