• Female

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alig said:
Lol one step at a time man!. (Not litterally)

It would take the best part of a week to teach her how to use a mouse+keyboard at the same time, she's a 1-finger-typer, but i'd get there eventually....bald no doubt at the end at 19. :dozey:

i dont know.. solitare tends to get 'em before they graduate to first person shooters ;)

Your trying to get your mum to play? My mum plays, damn she was always on the computer back when we had only one... I could like never use it!

bliink said:
i dont know.. solitare tends to get 'em before they graduate to first person shooters ;)

Well she's into these crap puzzle games, if your in UK then you might of heard of Sky's digital TV? (I don't know if they have it outside UK but most probably do) Well there was a game on that called Beehive Bedlam and she would play it like everyday, could never watch TV because she'd be playing it so the idea of showing her a puzzle game on my PC would be pretty stupid. I know she'd like the game on MSN called Bejewlled >.< Oh and if she isn't playing that on Sky shes watching bloody Bid Up TV channel's :|

Your trying to get your mum to play? My mum plays, damn she was always on the computer back when we had only one... I could like never use it!

Nah thats the last thing i want, she uses my PC to go on the t'internet (as she calls it, damn peter kay!) and she's always on god damn holiday websites searching for a cheap holiday or alternatively, shopping buying loads of crap stuff of Ebay which looks good until it turns up on the doorstep and then if she's not on it then my step dad is surfing steakandcheese.com looking for weird shit, he's also an internet noob.

Alig said:

It would take the best part of a week to teach her how to use a mouse+keyboard at the same time, she's a 1-finger-typer, but i'd get there eventually....bald no doubt at the end at 19. :dozey:

Lol - Don't count on it.....I tried to get my mum a bit more savvy when it comes to shooting people (and she types really well with all her fingers already:p), oh my god, she just couldn't grasp it.....it was like the time I tried to get her racing the class C cars on gran turismo, she'd turn the wrong way at the wrong time.
I know - persevere....it just doesn't work (and I'm not saying it's all women- more likely just my mum), what she sees and whats happening onscreen doesn't seem related in anyway. It's like while playing in this fantasy world - she creates her own unique fantasy within the fantasy:)

(oh, and it doesn't half annoy her that she can't get better scores on spider solitaire and minesweeper :cheese: )

[EDIT} lol - bid up TV. I know a few people who are constantly ringing up- a few weeks ago, an old supervisor of mine got stung paying £120 for 2 watches, oh how I laughed when we clocked them in index for £20 each :E

smsKONG said:
Lol - Don't count on it.....I tried to get my mum a bit more savvy when it comes to shooting people (and she types really well with all her fingers already:p), oh my god, she just couldn't grasp it.....it was like the time I tried to get her racing the class C cars on gran turismo, she'd turn the wrong way at the wrong time.
I know - persevere....it just doesn't work (and I'm not saying it's all women- more likely just my mum), what she sees and whats happening onscreen doesn't seem related in anyway. It's like while playing in this fantasy world - she creates her own unique fantasy within the fantasy:)

(oh, and it doesn't half annoy her that she can't get better scores on spider solitaire and minesweeper :cheese: )

[EDIT} lol - bid up TV. I know a few people who are constantly ringing up- a few weeks ago, an old supervisor of mine got stung paying £120 for 2 watches, oh how I laughed when we clocked them in index for £20 each :E

Rofl. Sounds like a mum.

And yeah bid-up TV is so shit. My mum bought this gold plated globe (which is actually downstairs now) for £70 on bid-up TV and they said the price guide for it was somewhere around £1000 lmao, they sold them in TJ hughes for £50. Funny.

Eightball said:
wow u guys are weird... girls are the other god given choice of gender... they have "other" parts than us...

how can u ask "hows it like"...

they have to be psychicly perfect to be accepted.. they bleed every month... they dont get the same respect as men...

BUT

they can get stuff for free, get outa tickets... get dumb guys to do things for them... basicly they can manipulate their way around our man made world for their own sucess...

i dunno, but id wrather be a man...

id miss my wang, and layin the pipe with the gf

It's crap being a girl... I can't go anywhere or do anything without my parents worrying about whether I'll get raped or something. And the sad thing is that that worry will always be there thanks to some sick induviduals.
And I hate the way we're treated differently. I was in cadets, and I passed tests simply because of the fact I was a girl (the guy marking even said that), even if I did worse than some guys who failed.
And when paintballing most people I meet for the first time totally patronise me. On some fields, people are told that they're not allowed to shoot me within a certain distance, or I'm told to hang back, or whatever. I suppose they're just trying to look out for the ickle girlie, but it still pisses me off. I shouldn't be babied because I'm female :angry:

Alig said:

Hehe, I let my mum try the Hazard Course, but she got confused. Her movement wasn't bad, but she couldn't use the mouse and keyboard at the same time, so she'd stop. Turn. Move. Stop. Turn, etc... then she got bored because she couldn't understand what to do. She likes Solitaire, but anything more advanced than that confuses her. She saw me playing single player HL against the grunts, and she was like, 'Why do you have to shoot them? Can't you just talk about it? Why are all games so violent? Why aren't there any games about baking cakes, or knitting..."

She seriously said that. :|

Im a female too. Ive played games before I even learned how to use the pot! but Im not a tomboy, I like girly stuff too ;)
hmm, I havent have such a problems as SHIPPI though. Sure my parents seems to be more protective about me than my brothers, but other than that, I´ve been treated as equal as the boys at the gaming district anyway...

Wow! Suomalainen nainen täällä :D What are the odds? :p

edit: lol, I have totally allready posted on page 1..

Damn this threads old, mods please delete this post.

Hmm...Maybe I want to leave it. I can always point back at this, admittedly small embarrasment, in future and laugh.

over the past year there have been ~ 10 females on these forums. kinda makes you wonder.. eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back