The second test

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMT said:
Dude, of course that's not going to do anything. The passphrase is "nova/prospekt," not "nova/prospekt this is the second test."

okiedokie, then explain this extracted file I'm looking at.

Good job 63SixThreeSix3... now lets find out what kind of file it is ^_^

Six Three, have u tried opening the file in a text or hex editor, to see if theres anything hidden in code...

63SixThreeSix3 said:
okiedokie, then explain this extracted file I'm looking at.

Okiedokie. You could type in "Gabe Newell is my daddy" if you wanted to and it would still extract a file. Keep scouring it if you want, but my money is on this being the wrong track.

63SixThreeSix3 said:
you guys are slow..

http://www.cryptobola.com/index.htm

when you're done converting (use the "nova/prospekt" phrase) you get another file. Probably nothing, but there is something hidden in that picture...

I've converted the file that comes out (.htm .doc .rtf .zip .rar etc.. ) with nothing worth mentioning...

i am not opening the cache files but am following what u guys post here and ur post is where i get lost.

use the "nova/prospekt this is the second test" where? :p

I've just quickly checked the whole cache file, and the only file that isn't either a .vmt or .vtf (besides this gman picture) is this one, a .txt document. However, it doesn't seem to offer anything and looks like it wasn't fully encrypted or something. I'll post it anyway. There's no spoilers in the file itself, so don't worry.

fyi, if you want to know what the real file name is, it's here. It's a bit spoilerish, so proceed with caution if you're concerned about that sort of thing.

"supersoldier sheet delete me height.txt", found in models/combine_solider

I doubt it's anything, but still, the file format is out of place....meh, maybe it's just me being overly suspicious. :)

Attachments

• stuff.txt
    33 bytes · Views: 635
Guys, it looks to me like it's not only the Gman's picture. It looks like a merged picture of Gman and Gordon.

nova prospekt hmmm , i remember i saw a sign in the trainstation video ( in the security cage ) says " nova prospekt "

Here's the file that was supposedly embedded in that image. I'm pretty sure it's nothing and that cryptobola is not the tree we should be barking up...

Attachments

• embedded.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 629
I think the passphrase is wrong.. if I put in something random, it spills out the same jibberish

SMT said:
Okiedokie. You could type in "Gabe Newell is my daddy" if you wanted to and it would still extract a file. Keep scouring it if you want, but my money is on this being the wrong track.

yup, I think that you're right, this is the wrong approach.. everyone keep going though!

Adrien: No, I was the first to try Steganography, didn't work...

DeltaBlast said:
I think the passphrase is wrong.. if I put in something random, it spills out the same jibberish

"nova/prospekt" has to be the passphrase for something else. The problem is what. www.half-life2.com/secret isn't accessible anymore. Hmm.

63SixThreeSix3 said:
you guys are slow..

http://www.cryptobola.com/index.htm

when you're done converting (use the "nova/prospekt" phrase) you get another file. Probably nothing, but there is something hidden in that picture...

I've converted the file that comes out (.htm .doc .rtf .zip .rar etc.. ) with nothing worth mentioning...

wow that thing is awsome, I might actually buy the liscence.

Has anyone tried putting the nova/prospekt user/pass into the old secret website? I'm sure it wouldn't work but it never hurts to try

Perhaps there's a url hidden in the image itself, or something...

Can anyone with Photoshop apply a few different filters or colour changes or... I dunno, something, and see if a clue pops up?

what about that file stuff.txt

žÃo¨>! 8P–M#¡``$ÈZâ¤âÓRTt%ó

whats gonna happen at 8PM

You know, there are other programs that basically do the same but with an other algorithm.. I think we're o the right path, but need a different program

Been running it through some local crypto stuff, but nothing yet.
Site also doesn't recognize anything.

I'll keep looking

Good find btw!

vicefredav444 said:
what about that file stuff.txt

žÃo¨>! 8P–M#¡``$ÈZâ¤âÓRTt%ó

whats gonna happen at 8PM

Could be a coincidence or there's going to be another HL2 pre-load.

go to google, type in 'nova prospekt' (take the / out). It's been said before on these forums, a location?

Wildhound said:
Perhaps there's a url hidden in the image itself, or something...

Can anyone with Photoshop apply a few different filters or colour changes or... I dunno, something, and see if a clue pops up?

tried that, changed all the levels in diff combos, nothing's there :( I was hoping something was hiding in the black around the borders...

63SixThreeSix3 said:
go to google, type in 'nova prospekt' (take the / out). It's been said before on these forums, a location?

It's in the train station. Gordon is about to go through a checkpoint, there was a sign saying "nova prospekt" but the alarm went off. Maybe there's something in the trainstation BINK?

KagePrototype said:
It's in the train station. Gordon is about to go through a checkpoint, there was a sign saying "nova prospekt" but the alarm went off. Maybe there's something in the trainstation BINK?

There was a computer the Metrocop was using by one of the trains but I doubt that's It.

to me the picture looks like a merged image of Gman and Gordon. I applied a crosshatching filter to it and it seems to be more visible. Here's the crosshatched image, and I also added the photo of Gordon that i think was merged

Look very, very carefully at the picture. I don't know if my eyes are tricking me or what

Attachments

• gmangordon.jpg
    gmangordon.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 889
  • gordo.gif
    gordo.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 868
KagePrototype said:

I doubt that, they'd have had to plan way too far ahead and actually go to the trouble of putting a clue in the gameworld... I dunno, it just seems a little too much.

Useless info but obviously the shot is (or looks like) the end of the E3 2004 footage, just incase though, heres a quick transcript of what he says.

"Thats all for now, The right man in the wrong place, Can make all the difference in the world, I will see you up ahead"

What's with the artifact in the photo next to the GMan's head? Think that might be a clue of some sort? Pointing at something maybe?

kaellinn18 said:
What's with the artifact in the photo next to the GMan's head? Think that might be a clue of some sort? Pointing at something maybe?

It's a star.

They're travelling at the speed of light.

kaellinn18 said:

Thats part of the star field effect, like at the end of HL1, its seen around the gman throughout the E32004 video.

I don't get it, Is this picture inside the HL2's preload

Well it's not 8pm VALVe time for like 2 hours, so if anything will happen it will be then.

Off topic/speculation: I bet one of these tests will announce that HL2 has gone gold, the time/date etc etc

BTW we gotta try a variety of programs, not everyone using one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back