The second test

Status
Not open for further replies.
mannyfresh027 said:
sign_novaprospekt.vtf contains this:

ê3mÃý

go find the file and search through it, i swear its true. take a look.

That is paranoia right there. Sorry :(

ATI4EVER! said:
hmmm... 437N452 does not work as passowrd.

i don t know. anyways this thread kicks ass. i await 10 pm. 8pm pst.

password is case sensitive

I downloaded the metadata toolkit, and their test.jpg had a similar header describing the picture

HOWEVER, I don't know php, and you need to be able to compile this to extract header data, as described in one of the metadata toolkit help files:

Function: get_jpeg_header_data
Description: Reads all the JPEG header segments from an JPEG image file into an array
Parameters: filename the filename of the file to JPEG file to read
Returns: headerdata Array of JPEG header segments
FALSE if headers could not be read

Ben you need to use apache webserver, and then create a new php file.
Once you have it all set up open internet explorer and go to this address "localhost" without the quotes. Then you should have a complete compiled php file.

what language do they speak at 437 n452 ? (latitude and longitude)

u know what? I think valve is abit dumb in the head to do these puzzles instead of finishing hl2. o well theyre full of suspense.

blahblahblah said:
That is paranoia right there. Sorry :(

its weird though. e3 may in the middle of sign_novaprospekt.vtf? doubt its just a coincidence, may be unrelated though.

ATI4EVER! said:
u know what? I think valve is abit dumb in the head to do these puzzles instead of finishing hl2. o well theyre full of suspense.

It takes like 10 minutes to create a puzzle. They probably did it for fun during their spare time.

Give them a break.

15 programs down, nothing.

I did try some steganography detectors but they all came up negative.

Maybe a dead end.

Ah i don't have it setup on a local PC i thought you could use it on a remote webserver with PHP enabled.

now way, it cant be a dead end, we need to search the net for these keywords we keep finding.

Rafa 5.0 said:
Maybe it's the location for city 17

Yeah, that was found months ago, it is a lat/long coordinate for the location of City 17... but I forget what it is :(

spoiler maybe??

city 17 is in washington state.

(Fixed Spoiler)

Ok so jpegs have somthing called an IRB signature.. or somthing, and it requires a speacial reader/decoder, well u learn somthing new everyday.

ATI4EVER!: remove the = in the first part of the spoiler tag :)

Oh and I have no clue how to use this thing, but I have all the files set up on my server

http://www.ozhiker.com/electronics/pjmt/

You need to download all of that, and then upload it to webspace. Using that one PHP file results in it not being able to find others. So I put in all the others, loaded up that one you guys think does it and it has a blank page. Obviously because it has no clue which image to read off of, but no errors so it will work once I set the stupid thing up.

I'm talking to a php guy, and trying to get this image decoded

Apparently,

Code:
Function:  	get_jpeg_header_data

should return a data array

lemmingzappa said:
Anyone found anything new yet ?

not enough people gave me props for finding e3may in sign_novaprospekt.vtf :(

Code:
3â–D1à~BwâÂ?ÇbŒxþŽê3mÃýÔYô͵*¸üîT7ð:™…Œã¾gìuÆ4u
3â–D1à~BwâÂ?ÇbŒxþŽ^^^^^ÔYô͵*¸üîT7ð:™…Œã¾gìuÆ4u

mannyfresh027 said:
not enough people gave me props for finding e3may in sign_novaprospekt.vtf :(

Code:
3â–D1à~BwâÂ?ÇbŒxþŽê3mÃýÔYô͵*¸üîT7ð:™…Œã¾gìuÆ4u
3â–D1à~BwâÂ?ÇbŒxþŽ^^^^^ÔYô͵*¸üîT7ð:™…Œã¾gìuÆ4u

*gives manny props...

Click Here to Try It! - You might notice the Hindi characters, custom colours and that Photoshop CS wiped the EXIF makernote.

Again "Exif". Anyone any clue what it is? (maybe something pointless, but never hurts to ask)

I forget, how do you rewind the bink videos? I don't like having to start the trainstation one over again just to see the part with Nova Prospekt in it.

Hmm was the e3 expo in may ??
Someone read some articles, or has anyone still got the main e3 movie. Maybe something is said in the commentry ?

Let's try to cut down on the Spam in this thread...

DeltaBlast said:
Again "Exif". Anyone any clue what it is? (maybe something pointless, but never hurts to ask)
I tried something with Exif. It's something to do with metadata within images and stuff. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is what search engines look for?

Anywho, the app I used turned up nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back