The second test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgon said:
I don't get it, Is this picture inside the HL2's preload

Yes.

I believe in the next portion of the preload we will get either the rest of the info or more info.

in trainstation bink

Attachments

• novaprospekt.jpg
    novaprospekt.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 780
PhotoMazing says that the picture contains a message "Exif"

No clue what it means though :p

FoB_Ed said:
to me the picture looks like a merged image of Gman and Gordon. I applied a crosshatching filter to it and it seems to be more visible. Here's the crosshatched image, and I also added the photo of Gordon that i think was merged

Look very, very carefully at the picture. I don't know if my eyes are tricking me or what

Naaaaaaaaah.

Gorgon said:
I don't get it, Is this picture inside the HL2's preload

yeah in the cache files..
thats the reason why i haven't tried helping.. i am afraid of spoiling something for myself..

im just reading what pple find here.. im sorry guys.. don't want to spoil anything for myself. :(

We could take the symbolism route and say that the door to nova prospekt closed when Gordon went close so he obviously had to find another way around, and thus relating to this another way of figuring out the answer.... BTW I doubt that, just takinga different view of the situation.

63SixThreeSix3 said:
Adrien: No, I was the first to try Steganography, didn't work...
lies!

i've tried a bunch of programs + algorithms but its not working, i think we use the pass elsewhere

Sorry for interupting... I just had to say how interesting this is, I had wondered about that hal-life2.com/secret page ever since those three screens were released... I'm not sure if I can help... but it would be cool.

im just reading what pple find here.. im sorry guys.. don't want to spoil anything for myself.

I doubt valve would include anything of a spoiler as the test. Most likely if we crack it we'll end up with a new screenshot or something

Iced_Eagle said:
Well it's not 8pm VALVe time for like 2 hours, so if anything will happen it will be then.

Off topic/speculation: I bet one of these tests will announce that HL2 has gone gold, the time/date etc etc

BTW we gotta try a variety of programs, not everyone using one!

Hmmm this is starting to get very interesting.
Ok ive go that program which can open encrypted image data.
Now how do i look for things which could be of use ??

I upped the brightness in the picture, and they merged numerous pictures together. They did merge Gordon and the G-Man. That doesn't have any relevance to this potential puzzle though.

Is there any spoken text in the bink when the nova prospekt sign is on screen? maybe that's the phrase..

kaellinn18 said:
someone please post the username/password for the original test please
Its on the previous page

What if the url is hidden inside another file. This one has the password, another file has the link

dictionary.com > translator > German to English > Nova Prospekt = New Facts Folder

I doubt that's accurate...

edit: lobster beat me!

I'm not gonna even bother. Hope you guys find the solution by the time I wake up. :thumbs:

found something:

in sign_novaprospekt.vtf

"...*“QÙ˧¥¦•v#Ô¸`Y=2dá_¹÷\Q&T$Õ°Šµ¿ÞS ðjÀO’>™¢è^tV¶îíÉKåÙ+Þõ¦lx°äe5gj–s%Ë8UZº`¤¹œ©ÿ0DP˜
¨l°ÉÇùŠ€§ “™|<¾§Mû>Àô¯©ÂW!/<›×œâí¤;¬h½Öy¯ïH°3â–D1à~BwâÂ?ÇbŒxþŽê3mÃýÔYô͵*¸üîT7ð:™…Œã¾gìuÆ4u'@üV¤9#óöuû —b½-&{Æo¶Á€Üë÷6Û0gPM(ʘæÉûÃöž)æ²Þêü\ n…‚ÒêWl»Ó,Èœ’ÑcÀ¢çÂÙˬÞiøó/ZHVCC’†ÞKMF¾+Ôè$Æó‰z±¤i·
p ..."

thats just a portion of the file, but could e3may be a coincidence?

heh

Valve prolly missed the preload date cause they were busy writing these elaborate puzzles.

lol

Do you think they released these tests just to keep us busy while waiting for hl2 ?
Or is there something that we can gain from this.

Yea, if know one has PHP hosting, use apache webserver to view it locally. It might compile something that will give us a clue.

I checked competition, well, there isen't competition. Keep it up guys.

I have Photoshop CS (photoshop 8, but they don't use numbers anymore) but I get the "can't map to memory" error.. Steam is shut down and everything.

Can somebody throw it up somewhere or AIM it to me?

*edit* I'll go check out that PHP code, but I kind of need the JPEG file probably!!!

aim: briguy992

Iced_Eagle said:
I have Photoshop CS (photoshop 8, but they don't use numbers anymore) but I get the "can't map to memory" error.. Steam is shut down and everything.

Can somebody throw it up somewhere or AIM it to me?

*edit* I'll go check out that PHP code, but I kind of need the JPEG file probably!!!

aim: briguy992
The .jpg file you need is in the attachment of the first post of this thread.

sign_novaprospekt.vtf contains this:

ê3mÃý

go find the file and search through it, i swear its true. take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back