The second test

Status
Not open for further replies.
i found they speak russian and chechen, also i found this

"Chechen was written in Arabic script until the 1920s" on a website

now if i could find a trasnslation program...

DeltaBlast said:
Again "Exif". Anyone any clue what it is? (maybe something pointless, but never hurts to ask)

Exif is a file format type. Nothing important.

God damn I don't know how to make it find the file, but I get it to compile!

http://atb.nationgaming.com/hl2/hl2/Example2.php

Code:
// Retrieve the JPEG image filename from the http url request
                        if ($GLOBALS['HTTP_GET_VARS']['filename']=="/gman.jpg")
                        {
                                echo "<p>No filename defined</p>\n";
                        }
                        else
                        {
                                $filename = $GLOBALS['HTTP_GET_VARS']['filename'];
                        }

That is where I am inputting the filename as that is where it first lists the filename ==.... Okay hmmm I tried "gman.jpg" "/gman.jpg" the actual link to it, and still "can't open file"...

somebody get on aim to help me figure this out!

AIM: briguy992

DeltaBlast said:
Again "Exif". Anyone any clue what it is? (maybe something pointless, but never hurts to ask)

EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format, and is a standard for storing interchange information in image files, especially those using JPEG compression.
from www.exif.org,
tried looking at it in Photo Studio, it just seems to be the portion of the hex edit where the comment about nova prospekt is stored.

I ran the .jpeg through an Exif Reader, but don't know what I am seeing...anybody else do this yet?

It's REALLY hard to find anything helpful to work with when all these people are posting stuff that has nothing to do with this and aren't helping at all.

metadata is irrelevant data that can be inserted into the jpg image, and one of the functions does what I believe valve did to insert it.

DvS said:
It's REALLY hard to find anything helpful to work with when all these people are posting stuff that has nothing to do with this and aren't helping at all.

metadata is irrelevant data that can be inserted into the jpg image, and one of the functions does what I believe valve did to insert it.
maybe we should make an irc channel or something, instead of just making this thread into a 50 page conversation :p

i dont know if its just me but the http://half-life2.com/test directory just went incredibly slow while i was doing trial and error guesses at usernames while using "nova/prospekt" as the password... could something have been updated in there?

switch said:
maybe we should make an irc channel or something, instead of just making this thread into a 50 page conversation :p
v.good idea

switch said:

It's fine for now

Dont know if this means anything but:

In German:
nova prospekt

In English:
new facts folder

(dictionary.com translator)

Well the message is in the color transfer block... means nothing i know :D

guise said:
i dont know if its just me but the http://half-life2.com/test directory just went incredibly slow while i was doing trial and error guesses at usernames while using "nova/prospekt" as the password... could something have been updated in there?

There are probably soo many people hammering that right now lol :cheers:

In the embedded text:

ëÇü&X†vœª *˜ý’Ìú
»½š+˜
˜«Ê)E¥E¿yI°ôœo_]m$Î.sU;ȯsâ¥ÿM{jÀšïÇât2º#îá

In notepad, the ¯ is represented as a box respembling a "D". Could this say Tuesday? Open the embedded text in notepad...i think i see some hidden notes!

I think this thread should be locked so information isn't constantly reposted. We should just use the official IRC-channel and go from their. That way, only those were are intending on solving it will connect. Just a suggestion.

guise said:

i would guess that Nova is the login and prospekt is the password as it it the format for alot of things.

xrdanielalan said:
I think this thread should be locked so information isn't constantly reposted. We should just use the official IRC-channel and go from their. That way, only those were are intending on solving it will connect. Just a suggestion.

We should be able to still use this thread for people to keep up on things without having to endure 99% rubbish on an IRC channel.

Interesting stuff. Though I really think all of you are reading way too much into this with all of your fancy decoders. It's probably based more on logic and common sense.

Everything is being repeated

There is a IRC channel for this now
#SecondTest

on quakenet

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back