100 Things Aftermath needs-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkknighttt said:
406. black mesa return visit
This has already been mentioned. And we already know that Aftermath is purely Escape from City 17, then why write it in "100 things Aftermath needs"? :|

Anywho, it has already been discussed, - Black Mesa is no more.

408. This sentence in G-Man's speech: "We have had great times in our previous co-operation, Dr. Freeman..." - Black Mesa undamaged in the background - "...However, times change, Dr. Freeman..." - Everything turns black and white, and Black mesa slowly transits into a big pile of debris, skeleton corpses, etc. - "...And I've been authorised to remove any...interference, if we may call it that, from our...excuse me, your path."

Or something like that.

409: A proper release date
410: Different colours of paint
411: New seagull models

I'm pretty amazed that after months of my inactivity on the boards, this topic is still going. XD

412) More realistic watermelon explosions

414. A redlight district on the outskirts, but no female zombies, we shouldnt hurt women
415. A 21years+ rating, which guarantees that Gordon and Alyx will.. well...urm..make babies.
416. While the above are jokes, I would really like to see MORE types of vehicles in the game and maybe
417. a new type of alien.

419: more meeting up with homies, not just rebels
420: epic fights and battles like the one on the bridge and when you are given the RPG in HL2

I want more scripted events. I envisioned this for the segment after you fight your first gunship on highway 17 when you get the rocket launcher:

*After you destroy the first gunship, 2 more come, you destroy them. The leaders of the camp decide it's time to pack up and go because the area's become targeted by combine and it's not worth trying to fight them off*

Your buggy gets destroyed in the fight so you ride with the rest of the fighters. You set out from the base after a few minutes (you help load a truck up with supplies, ammo and weapons - a little physics fun with the manipulator). You hop in one of the vehicles and everyone rolls out in a 5-vehicle convoy. You have two front cars (you're in the 2nd one) armed with a few soldiers and a mounted gun, two rear cars with the same and the transport truck with the supplies and ammo. Part-way through the drive there's a combine ambush, they destroy the front and rear vehicles trapping you. Everyone gets out and the fight ensues. You can either fight off the combine ambush (making you lose lots of resistance fighters) or you can try to clear the road so the convoy can get the hell out and you hop on the rear vehicle as they tear ass out of the area (which is harder and a few combine vehicles chase you for a 2nd part of the battle). You have to clear the road of mines with the manipulator, you clear wreckage and have to fight combine a few more times. Maybe at the end you'd fight a gunship from one of the vehicles with your rocket launcher while the driver is trying to weave around all the debris and wreckage in the roads. At the end they drop you off near Nova Prospekt and head off another direction to another camp.

I think that would've been WAY cooler than going that whole highway alone.

So yeah :p

421: More cool scripted battles/sequences.

bat_lyubo said:
414. A redlight district on the outskirts, but no female zombies, we shouldnt hurt women

I know you're joking, but still, what's the point of not hurting women? You mean it's okay to butcher male zombies but if a female zombie rips your guts out you'll just let her?

422. More variations of NPCs (Different heights, sizes, voices, clothes, uniforms, helmets, rankings, insignias etc....)
423: More variations of headcrabs and zombies. The zombies should also fall under 422.
424: Odessa Cubbage and his motivations explored.
425: A G11, G36, HK416 and OICW.
426: A GRENADE MACHINE GUN!
427: The Slams from deathmatch but improved. (A way to disarm them and etc...)
428: More gibs and body deformation.
429: If 429 can not be accomplished, special decals: A shatter in the goggle if you hit a Combine right in the eye followed by a ridicoulous amount of blood, eyes and noses turning to black masses if hit, deformed bullets stuck in body armor.
430: Realistic reactions to pain/damage: NPCs clutch their wounds, jump up and down if hit in crotch, weapons fly off hands, if arm is damaged, characters limp if hit in leg and even the possibility of having an enemy keep fighting but slowly die due to hitting a vital area and continuing to lose blood.
431: NO MORE STACKING! I'm tired of jumping down a hole and have an ally land on my head and float in the air. Vampire the Masquerade had characters roll if you landed on them. Max Payne's characters fall down and ragdoll temporarily. Both use Havok and one uses Source, why not HL2?
432: Cloth physics, again: Vampire the MAsquerade had it!
433: More uses for the Manipulator.
434: Every single monster cut out from both 1 and 2 possible.
425: I know it's been said but: CREAMATORS!
426: What happened to all the children: Revealed.
427: A better way to command your troops. We only have "Go there" and "Follow Me" right now (And staying only last for a short while before they follow you again.) What I want is a "do not engage the enemy" and "pick up item" feature (Yes they pick up items if you put them under them with the gravity gun but it doesn't always work.) Maybe a toned down version of the SWAT 3 and 4 system.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
425: A G11, G36, HK416 and OICW.

You won't see the OICW, it was cut from Half-life 2 because the program was scrapped in realife. Besides, I'd hate it if they included more real weapons - I want more experimental weapons. Something imaginitve.

Samon said:
You won't see the OICW, it was cut from Half-life 2 because the program was scrapped in realife. Besides, I'd hate it if they included more real weapons - I want more experimental weapons. Something imaginitve.

They can have MP7s with extra barrels that fire grenades but not a complete real gun? It's not like the Combine couldn't say "hey lets restart this program".

And the XM8 is considered an OICW, the OICW is a project and not the actual gun itself.

428. Looting. In one of the earliest test sequences for HL2 at the beginning we had citizens throwing molotovs at CPs and boxing them. Some were breaking windows "screaming get your free TVs." This was way back in 2001 when one of the plot points was that the air was polluted and everyone had to wear a gas mask/helmet to survive (possibly to limit work on models.)

DoctorWeeTodd said:
They can have MP7s with extra barrels that fire grenades but not a complete real gun? It's not like the Combine couldn't say "hey lets restart this program".

And the XM8 is considered an OICW, the OICW is a project and not the actual gun itself.

Why would the Combine bother? Its pointless, if it was scrapped by us - why would they want to restart it? They wouldn't even know about it. And the, XM8 looks awful.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
428. Looting. In one of the earliest test sequences for HL2 at the beginning we had citizens throwing molotovs at CPs and boxing them. Some were breaking windows "screaming get your free TVs." This was way back in 2001 when one of the plot points was that the air was polluted and everyone had to wear a gas mask/helmet to survive (possibly to limit work on models.)

If people are fleeing the city, why would they bother to loot..not that there would by anything of real value to loot anyway. They probably already have supplies, and what good would a TV do them? Molotovs could possibly be an ok idea.

I believe that the gas mask wearing idea was cut, when the Air Exchange (that wasn't a great addition to gameplay) went. Which in turn had the air return to normal. Heh, one of Breens old lines was:

"A true citizen preserves valuable oxygen."

Samon said:
Why would the Combine bother? Its pointless, if it was scrapped by us - why would they want to restart it? They wouldn't even know about it. And the, XM8 looks awful.

If people are fleeing the city, why would they bother to loot..not that there would by anything of real value to loot anyway. They probably already have supplies, and what good would a TV do them? Molotovs could possibly be an ok idea.

I believe that the gas mask wearing idea was cut, when the Air Exchange (that wasn't a great addition to gameplay) went. Which in turn had the air return to normal. Heh, one of Breens old lines was:

"A true citizen preserves valuable oxygen."

When bombs started flying around first in Iraq and during the Florida hurricanes people ran into the highly dangerous streets to get free stuff while it still lasted.

#430. Needs to pay tribute to Doom 3. Aftermath should only be hallways that are poorly lit with monsters spawning out of nowhere behind you. And only lets you in outside enviroments for less than 1 minute at a time.

alehm said:
#430. Needs to pay tribute to Doom 3. Aftermath should only be hallways that are poorly lit with monsters spawning out of nowhere behind you. And only lets you in outside enviroments for less than 1 minute at a time.
My God, I hope you were being sarcastic.

431: The Combine should use real military tactics, leap frogging, all that stuff

432: A feature that disables people with single didget IQ's so they won't 101 and start asking us how to put on the HEV.

432.1 : Disable impulse 81 command unless the user has SDK installed, so he won't start asking us how to remove the red blocks.

iMMuNiTy said:
432.1 : Disable impulse 81 command unless the user has SDK installed, so he won't start asking us how to remove the red blocks.
]
whats impulse 81?

and Mr.battlefrank, no.

437: half life 2 action figures, gordon has an hev suit that can glow in the dark
put alyx in water and watch as she becomes pregnant!
press the button on breens back to hear him say one of 300 different 10-minute speeches
press the button on the combines back, and the legs arms and head blow off
antlions that can fly like a paper airplane
antlion guard that can shove other action figures
a zombie that can mumble
barney with grenade(firecracker) throwing action
headcrab that can fit on an action figures head
kliener who can take a piss
press the button on elis back to hear him talk about breen
pod that any character can fit in
strider that can lock on and shoot a plastic missle
apc that does the same thing as strider
remote-control jeep that any character can fit in
dog that can throw a combine
mossman who, if near anything, can have a bullshit conversation with it

if they came out with those, i would buy the hell out of them

5 yaer old: here comes gordon kicking ass! BOOM combine soldier dead its breen! the agony of his boredom! BAM alyx is pregnant i might want to kill her with an antlion! BAM! oh no,watch out gordon its the antion guard! KABOOM oh no! kliener shorted out dogs circuits! have a HEADCRAB mossman is spewing bullshit BAM! go in the jeep vroom vroom oh no antlions! fire! yay! gordon wins! *places gordon next to alyx*

I would would buy all of them and probably not even open them for fear of damaging these precious treasures.:dork:

438: Barney finally buys you that bear.
439: Catching someone in the toilet. I was really surprised not to have seen anyone on one, this must be the first shooter in a long time I played to not feature the "catching the baddie" exposed seen.
440: Have a semen sample as a physprop and when you chuck it at a Combine they scream "AGGGH I'VE BEEN BUKKAKED!"

15357 said:
]
whats impulse 81?
Valve Developer Community said:
Cubemaps are best tested by using the “impulse 81” console command. This replaces the current weapon model with a set of spheres, each with different reflective surfaces. By moving around the level it is possible to see what cubemap is being applied at that position in space at any given time, as well as if that cubemap accurately describes the area’s lighting and color. This is the best way to assess the validity of your cubemaps.

For some they appear as a huge Error message, for an odd reason. I was being semi-sarcastic, tho'.

441: actually release it
442: make it so you can drink from the cans
443: alyx nude mod filter (im sick of hearing people talk about it)

444:all of the above, meaning 1-99 twice
445: the error sign be a boss
446:boss fights

battlefrank, stop spamming like crazy. Don't you have anything else to do? Or are you just trying to get yourself banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back