100 Things Aftermath needs-

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMMuNiTy said:
Well Aftermath will be played as a mod, too, no?
No. Valve is making it. Lost Cost is free, Aftermath is going to cost money.

r2000 said:
No. Valve is making it. Lost Cost is free, Aftermath is going to cost money.
Yeah but you said

Its a mod, thus it has to be free
Aftermath will be accessed as a mod through Steam, so it kinda has to be free. :rolling:

iMMuNiTy said:
Aftermath will be accessed as a mod through Steam, so it kinda has to be free. :rolling:

No, there will be retail as well. And not only that, you still have to pay because after downloading the contents of it, they need to be unlocked and to do that you need to pay with a credit card.

iMMuNiTy said:
Yeah but you said

He was talking about Black Mesa Source. Aftermath will be accessed under the "My Games" section of Steam, Black Mesa Source under "Third Party Modifications". Hence, First and Third Party properties. The former can charge you money to play the game, the later can't be the contents of the agreement we all sign when installing Valve games.

kupoartist said:
He was talking about Black Mesa Source. Aftermath will be accessed under the "My Games" section of Steam, Black Mesa Source under "Third Party Modifications". Hence, First and Third Party properties. The former can charge you money to play the game, the later can't be the contents of the agreement we all sign when installing Valve games.
Ah, thanks for the explanation.

I wanna see those destructable vending machines in the Traptown bink. They were one of the coolest parts of the 1st HL and the bink. I wonder why it was cut out?

I would like also like a new gravity gun (physgun?) feature that revolves the object so theres no more complicated shooting into the air to catch it in the right position. I'm one of those guys who hide slams behind and under objects, stack things to make stairs, fortify an and block off areas and grav jump. It's a bitch placing the props to the correct position the when you can only pick up, drop and shoot.

When you pick up an object use the arrow (or wasd whichever isn't your movement keys) to twirl it around.

348. Gorodn finally says a word
349. He smiles and we see him in a mirror or something
350. Mirrors in the game
351. Romance
352. Dual .357 Magnums

bat_lyubo said:
350. Mirrors in the game
No. No! NO!!!11 For God's sake I hope those three will never occur. In any episode, or any part of HL.

bat_lyubo said:
351. Romance
352. Dual .357 Magnums
Slight romance might do no harm. But "Gordon, please, be careful out there... I...I...*tears in eyes* love you!..." would be too much. Furthermore, no matter how good a shooter Gordon is, he couldn't possibly wield dual weapons. Especially Magnums! Watch the drawback with a single magnum, imagine a drawback with dual magnums! Besides, the game would be just a simple shoot-out like Quake or Doom.

bat_lyubo said:
350. Mirrors in the game
351. Romance
352. Dual .357 Magnums

I disagree with each and every one of them.

Plus...your telling me you don't talk?

I'm with Samon. Gordon speaking would be just ridiculous. Ditto about smiling. Ditto looking in the mirror. The very reason I like Gordon is because he isn't a vain, self-obsessed nice guy like pretty much the rest of humanity.

Romance. Isn't there already enough romance in Half Life 2? It's not romantic by everyday standards, but there surely are vague hints of a possible romance. Do I want to see more? Hell no.

Dual Magnums sounds okay in theory, and dual guns did work well in Max Payne, but in a game like Half Life, what would be the point of dual guns?

AIDisabled said:
I'm with Samon. Gordon speaking would be just ridiculous. Ditto about smiling. Ditto looking in the mirror. The very reason I like Gordon is because he isn't a vain, self-obsessed nice guy like pretty much the rest of humanity.

Romance. Isn't there already enough romance in Half Life 2? It's not romantic by everyday standards, but there surely are vague hints of a possible romance. Do I want to see more? Hell no.

Dual Magnums sounds okay in theory, and dual guns did work well in Max Payne, but in a game like Half Life, what would be the point of dual guns?
Hey, I was the first to post that (check end of previous page)! :p

353) Combine without the front part of their masks, like Barney in the train station. Put a face on the enemy/ally(did i just say that?!) so that players have to think twice, no more simply inhuman stuff, however it seems possible that it could work the other way too... sorta like Darth Vader in Empire Strikes back...

One of the reason Combine Soldier wear masks is to make the game low-end machine friendly. Just like merged fingers. Imagine every enemy having a face, and loading vcd's (emotions) would stuff your CPU. And since I do have a not-so-high-end-machine, I preffer them wear masks. And it's cooler, too. :D

Hyperion2010 said:
353) Combine without the front part of their masks, like Barney in the train station. Put a face on the enemy/ally(did i just say that?!) so that players have to think twice, no more simply inhuman stuff, however it seems possible that it could work the other way too... sorta like Darth Vader in Empire Strikes back...

No the whole point of the combine seems to be that there soldiers are human but not. Some genetically engineered horrific being, this also makes them seem like they are one person all persuing you trieng to get you and generally adding to the menace.

Samon said:
I disagree with each and every one of them.

Plus...your telling me you don't talk?

I would like Gordon to talk to a character with a suitable voce. Something like Hitman's. And y do u disagree with the dual .357s. They will not be what seems to be .44, but .38 or somewthing. Not too powwerful, but fun. Or maybe dual 9mm pistols. yes thats it

No, the Overwatch soldiers are mechanicaly altered humans!

bat_lyubo said:
I would like Gordon to talk to a character with a suitable voce. Something like Hitman's. And y do u disagree with the dual .357s. They will not be what seems to be .44, but .38 or somewthing. Not too powwerful, but fun. Or maybe dual 9mm pistols. yes thats it
Walking around Ravenholm, Slipknot's music in background, wielding dual pistols, and Gordon shouting "Hell Yeah!" within each successful shot and "BOOM HEADSHOT!" within each headshot sounds fun. Can't wait.

iMMuNiTy said:
Walking around Ravenholm, Slipknot's music in background, wielding dual pistols, and Gordon shouting "Hell Yeah!" within each successful shot and "BOOM HEADSHOT!" within each headshot sounds fun. Can't wait.

Bingo.

For the love of God I hope that was sarcastic!

iMMuNiTy said:

i hope they have it in Aftermath or at the latest, HL3 ;)
:imu: :naughty:

Hopefully you backfired with sarcasm. I'll crowbar (that's to prevent flaming) you if they put it in Aftermath, Lost Coast, or any other episode or Half-Life 3.

iMMuNiTy said:
Hopefully you backfired with sarcasm. I'll crowbar (that's to prevent flaming) you if they put it in Aftermath, Lost Coast, or any other episode or Half-Life 3.

i think i'll only have the SK music and the dual 9mm pistols, but not the voice. But dont worry. That'll be inb my own mod, when i make one. I dont epect it of Valve. But the Sk songs Skin Ticket, Everything Ends and Left Behind remind me of the Ravenholm atmosphere somehow. I dont know why.

Good luck with distributing your mod. Then again, there a lot of weirdos out there.

Back on topic.

iMMuNiTy said:
Good luck with distributing your mod. Then again, there a lot of weirdos out there.

Back on topic.

i dont know about you, but I was sarcastic.

Back to the subject
#400. I think I'm getting nostalgic to the old Soldiers from HL1. I think that I would like to fight some of them, rather than combine. They were more fun.

bat_lyubo said:
Back to the subject
#400. I think I'm getting nostalgic to the old Soldiers from HL1. I think that I would like to fight some of them, rather than combine. They were more fun.

You won't be able to. There is no more military, they have been wiped out. And in any case - they'd be on your side.

Samon said:
You won't be able to. There is no more military, they have been wiped out. And in any case - they'd be on your side.

Too bad. I know they wont be on my side, but killing half-humans half whatever they are pointed out to be in the other threads is gtting a bit boring to me, coz they are tooo dumb and easy to overcome anyway.

bat_lyubo said:
Too bad. I know they wont be on my side, but killing half-humans half whatever they are pointed out to be in the other threads is gtting a bit boring to me, coz they are tooo dumb and easy to overcome anyway.

And military soldiers isn't an already overdone idea? It wouldn't change the AI you know, having a model change. They'd act the same as the combine. And yes, the soldiers are humans augmented with combine technology. Far more interesting than your standard, generic soldier.

Abit boring? Haha! They've been in one game...how can they be getting anything :p

Samon said:
And military soldiers isn't an already overdone idea? It wouldn't change the AI you know, having a model change. They'd act the same as the combine. And yes, the soldiers are humans augmented with combine technology. Far more interesting than your standard, generic soldier.

Abit boring? Haha! They've been in one game...how can they be getting anything :p

i dunno. I'm just bored with them, coz they're dumb.
And I was not just thinking of new models, but new AI as well. If they are humans, then they will be more intelligent, wouldn't they?:naughty:

bat_lyubo said:
i dunno. I'm just bored with them, coz they're dumb.
And I was not just thinking of new models, but new AI as well. If they are humans, then they will be more intelligent, wouldn't they?:naughty:
No, because Combine soldiers have been improved both physically and morally. Since most of the emotions have been "removed", they're far more efficient on the battlefield. Instead of just enslaving the marines, they enhanced a human soldier technically and biologically into a Combine soldier, which we face now, and for a reason too.

To put it short and simple, Combine soldiers > U.S. army

Not to mention the enhanced weaponry.

However I miss the old days as well.
/me runs off to play HL1

*pats bat on the back* Don't worry, buddy, we'll have all the fun in the world in Black Mesa: Source!

Back on topic, though.

401. More clues as to the Gman's purpose and plans.

402. More of the atlions, IMO. Judging from the screenshots, most of your enemies are going to be Combine soldiers and antlions. So I'd like to see, say, antlion workers, maybe Antlion Warriors as an undefeatable mini-boss (think Gargantua), which requires a puzzle, involving physics gameplay, to defeat it temporarily. Antlion workers would be weak antlions which dig tunnels for antlions to move through (I doubt antlions dig them themselves, as their limbs aren't quite suitable for such, and their mouths are too little), and you'd have to stuff the holes with physics in order for antlions to stop "spawning".

403. I just wanna see what's gonna happen when Breen is gone. BTW is the Citadel still there>>??

bat_lyubo said:
403. I just wanna see what's gonna happen when Breen is gone. BTW is the Citadel still there>>??

The idea of Aftermath, is to escape City 17 while the Citadel goes into meltdown. It won't be there at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back