2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Peter Crouch, what a guy. Still need to play better, I think it's simple a matter of the team gelling. While we're still winning it doesn't matter how we win. To be fair Trinidad and Tobago played their hearts out, they really put everything they had into that game.

Crouch was rubbish, he should of been subbed instead of Owen.

How freaking good was Lennon?

T&T were backing off so much, all England needed to do was get in their face.

Lennon was all right, but the same thing about finishing and delivery applies. He gave the ball away twice and crossed the ball into orbit once, but he was zippy and looked like he could get round people.

Raxxman said:
Crouch was rubbish, he should of been subbed instead of Owen.

Erm, why the hell would you say a guy who scored a ****ing goal should've been subbed?

Yeah, if the striker doesn't play well for 90% of the game it doesn't matter, as long as he takes a chance when it counts.

"I think England would've played better if we didn't score that goal".
DOES NOT COMPUTE

wow that game was forgettable, dont think i'll bother with sweden's game tonight, 2mro will hopefully be better, ivory coast and holland.

Group B is the worst group in the tournament. All four teams suck :|

Err Lennon is looking better than Carragher, tense game , but GREAT goal by Gerrard

Feath said:

i have to agree with that sentiment. ENG advanced. I'm happy they did, but they've played ugly football so far. If they want to get out of the round of 16, they'll definitely have to "gel" (as was stated earlier) better. I was kind of hoping to see Owen and Rooney together on the pitch, but Crouch made up for it.

oh, and tomorrow's match between the Dutch and Ivory Coast should be awesome. Group C is the best.

I think Sven is in a bit of a prediciment. He knows Roony and Owen have a good chemistry but Owen isn't scoring goals and Crouch is. So who does he play?

Zlatan you idiot! It was an open goal! :frown: We had lots of chances, but it's still 0-0.

I saw some Swedisg supporters with Pippi Longsocking plaits and Viking helments :p

Damn Elmander. I'm glad Sweden won, but this'll bump Elmander's price up so we won't be able to buy him :(

Guys, you know you can create more threads on the World Cup topic right? You don't have to post everything in this one thread. If I see a few posted I'll give you your own forum on the subject.

I don't mind keeping it in one thread. This one feels like an exclusive club; just a small bunch of HL2.netters seem to be following the world cup. But cool idea nonetheless :thumbs:

I am off to Germany now; I'll post some pics tonight after I get back. HOLLAND!

Holland is up against ivorycoast today, i keeping my fingers crossed

Shakermaker said:
I don't mind keeping it in one thread. This one feels like an exclusive club; just a small bunch of HL2.netters seem to be following the world cup. But cool idea nonetheless :thumbs:

I am off to Germany now; I'll post some pics tonight after I get back. HOLLAND!

Damn you for getting that spare ticket! ;)

Make sure you take pics like this one :D
020718_brazilfan.jpg

Munro said:
Guys, you know you can create more threads on the World Cup topic right? You don't have to post everything in this one thread. If I see a few posted I'll give you your own forum on the subject.
hah, awesome.

while it normally never works to discuss something in a single thread (to an extent) it seems to be working well for the world cup, probably because we're progressively talking about each match as it happens.

i liked england's match last night, though lampard choked soo many times, glad to see crouch scored (he seems pretty 'cool'), eventually. ;)

looking forward to the argentina and holland match soon.. i'd say mexico too, but that's @ 5am here and i expect them to win anyway. D:

Munro said:
Awww <3 hehe!

Shaker have a good time, i'm so envious of you getting on that plane, i will be cheering on Holland tonight, gotta win it, so very important.

Ahhh nipple! My eyes, the sheltered corner of hl2.net has been made unpure by nipples! :)

Not posted about the England game, i wasn't fully convinced with that win, but the important thing is we nailed 2 goals in style i'd say, so hopefully we'll pick up speed soon enough for Sweden, which i think we will NEED to. And Mexico should breeze angola easily, but they'll give a good fight.

Oh Argentina (who i'd consider the best starters) have kicked off the S&M game, find a tele lads!

wow, serbia is getting raped, that 3rd goals should not have been disqualified, offside my ass

That was a beautiful goal from Ljungberg! We really deserved it, after all the chances we had. The commentators went wild.

Then it's England vs. Sweden. Here our defence will really be put to test.

EDIT: Argentina is wiping the floor with Serbia.

magnificent. ive creamed myself at least 15 times in the last 2 hours.
brazil have no chance.

Serbia got crushed, big time. I don't think their balls are even intact anymore.

Agrentina look like they could win this tournament, I really wish they wouldn't.

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Damn you for getting that spare ticket! ;)

Make sure you take pics like this one :D
020718_brazilfan.jpg

Somehow I have begun to have the urge to support Brazil

Well Argentina won.....again.....

I hope England has a secret weapon of some type

DEATH eVADER said:
I hope England has a secret weapon of some type

Erm, Theo Walcott?

Apparently if England win their group, they won't play Argentina till we the final (if both teams get that far).

We need to ****ing win that group.

Yes, like bribing the Argentine chef to purposefully undercook their chicken.

Mr Stabby said:
England have very good players this year, but terrible tactics

blame Sven, I don't know what it is about him but he consistently manages to put players in positions where they're less effective. If that was a true guage of Argentina's performance I don't think we can win the World Cup.

I don't think we'll win it next time either with McClaren. Sure, he's done OK at Middlesbrough and won some silverware, but he's no where near good enough to win a World Cup.

Feath said:
Erm, Theo Walcott?

Apparently if England win their group, they won't play Argentina till we the final (if both teams get that far).
If you get to the semis, just lose and save yourselves the embarrassment.

I think Holland are a little fortunate to be 2-1 up at the moment.

Good game so far.

Poor match from Holland tbh =/

But we're through to the next round, bad victory or not.

They were impressive to begin with, that pushed back (like the first game), but i'm glad they got that win. Great free kick, and Van horseface's 'stand offside' trick worked a treat for the second goal. (im not saying he was offside, he was on, its just his way).

Argentina's 2nd goal scored by Cambiasso, is the best goal of the tournament so far, it was incredible. 24 passes lead to that goal being scored. Brilliant movement and a fantastic goal.

Yes, like bribing the Argentine chef to purposefully undercook their chicken.
OIT, thats not funny :(

Mexico and Angola are putting me to sleep! Help!

Back