2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Agreed on all the Brazil points, and croatia did play well, although they seemed to lack finishing ability.

Having said though, i get the feeling with Brazil that when they need to they will just flip a switch and turn on the style......

But meh, England FTW !!!

/hides

Spain 3 - 0 Ukraine

Still 2nd Half (51)

Vashchuk (UKR) got the red card, and Spain got a Penalty and scroed the 3rd goal

Yeah this Germany vs Poland game is really fiesty, lots of challenges, cards and chances on goal. Germany doing the better so far, damn good game though at half-time.

WOW that last 15 minutes was very exciting. 90th minute goal was great. Funny thing was I missed it as I walked out of the room for a second

Caught the 2nd half of the German vs. Poland game. Exhilirating last 15 min as Bryan said. Both teams played well.

Shame for Poland though, feel sorry for them now with 2 losses. Well if Germany are going to win their group, and Ecuador runners up(maybe), and England win ours, then we don't play Germany 2 round. :)

It was funny when Klose backed the ball onto the crossbar, then Ballack hit the crossbar right after. :D

Germany were getting slated for having a crap team before the WC, but apart from their defense they look pretty good.

Damnit, seems like I missed a good game. Why do the Germans always score in the last minute of the game btw?

regarding the Germany-Poland match: sucks for the Polish, a deadly missile during overtime :(

Ukraine got españowned. Maybe this year spain will finally play to their ability.

My predictions for today:

Costa Rica 0-2 Ecuador
England 1-0 T&T
Sweden 1-0 Paraguay

The temp is going to be up into the 30's today so you're probably right.

Looks like Wayne Rooney is going to be playing some part tonight. He won't start though.

I want Hargreaves to score one, as a kick in the pants to all the whiners and people looking for a scapegoat for England's lack of spirit.

OMG ecuador is now the lead in the poule, if that stays and england wins the rest of their matches there will be an england-germany game :D

England v T&T in 15 minutes.............NO excuses, this time

I think Germany will beat Ecudor, but if they don't England will know about it the day before the England-Sweden match up, assuming Sweden win against Paraguay and England beat T&T Sweden will need a win to top the group. It could occur that both England and Sweden are trying to lose the game as to not face Germany, could make for an interesting match.

Either Sweden will sit back and hope for a draw OR a few own goals will be going in ;)

eek like 10 mins till england start, lets go DON LEO!!!

beenhakkerindedugout_80517h.JPG

Does anyone know a free website where I can watch it since BBC arent showing this one on their site since ITV have the rights. Please, anyone?

England are playing totally bollocks again. I don't know if it's Sven or Roony or what, but England's chances of winning the world cup on the performances thus far are diminishing.

Naw - we've been all over them. It could be 3-0 by now.

All that's lacking is the finishing.

Warbie said:
Naw - we've been all over them. It could be 3-0 by now.

All that's lacking is the finishing.

All the build up play is completely useless if you can't finish. We've got players that should be able to finish but they're not doing their job. I can't count the number of times Gerrard has skied it over the bar in the last two games.

Need I remind you that Sweden were also all over Trinidad & Tobago and couldn't finish. They ended up with a draw. If England draw this they may as well pack up and go home 'cos they haven't got what it takes to win the World Cup.

jimbo118 said:
eek like 10 mins till england start, lets go DON LEO!!!

beenhakkerindedugout_80517h.JPG

hehehh, Don Leo ftw!

First half almost over and it's still 0-0.

Ugh. Same old story, we really need to stop playing these long balls and play the ball to feet.

Not to mention that absolute sitter that Crouch managed to balls up.

Get the kid on ffs!!

England just not blending well as a team yet. Too much visual confirmation before passing, slowing their movement to goal and keeping it a little too predictable.

well, he's on, we'll see how it goes from here. I have to echo this sentiment:
If England draw this they may as well pack up and go home 'cos they haven't got what it takes to win the World Cup.
They have to do better. Frankly I don't think the build up play has been too good either, but since Rooney has come on there's been some nice through balls. The best chance still in the game so far is still one of Trinidad's attacks! We'll see.

25 minutes left, LET'S GO!

Beautiful goal from Gerrard. that's the shit we need. WE WIN! whistle's just blown....whew....

Back