2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

bryanf445 said:
isnt he going to be back later on in the world cup?

If you mean Koller, the way they were talking about it was that it was pretty serious, a pulled hamstring or something. He might be out for the tournament *shrug* That'd suck bad for the Czechs if it was the case but they still have Nedved and Rosicky. Such a quality team.

As for the Ghana match I actually thought they were dominating for about the first 20 minutes, then Toni hit the bar and then the Italian chances came flooding through. But it could easily already be 2-2 or more by now.

ah man, my country lost today (usa). They blew in the first half, except maybe for Reyna's shot off the post. they need to control the game otherwise they're doomed. They won't get out of their bracket even if they play that way against Ghana.

i wish I could have seen Italy play. /searches for torrent.

Adidajs said:
i wish I could have seen Italy play. /searches for torrent.

You should be able to see the highlights on the BBC site.

The Czechs. Wow. Best two goals of the tourney so far from Rosicky.

I don't know about best. There's been some crackers already, but his are definitely up there.

Tomorrow is the big day! BRAZIL's first gane!!!

My guess:

BRAZIL 3 x 1 Croatia

Ronaldinho, Adriano and Kaká

It goes on games won vs games played, irrespective of who you're playing. So if you play a lot of naff teams you can get a good FIFA ranking.

mortiz said:
It goes on games won vs games played, irrespective of who you're playing. So if you play a lot of naff teams you can get a good FIFA ranking.

Actually it does take into account the relative rankings of the teams. But it just ends up with a bollocks result. Any Football Journalist in America knows that the US aren't 5th in the world (They were actually 4th not that long ago).

Looking at how USA plyed today, i dun think they gonna win over Italy or Ghana. Ghana is really good in offense.

Man, I watched the games with an Aussie and a Sweddie in a betting parlor. We didn't bet, but, if I had payed 10 bucks and Ghana had won I would have made 50 bucks, If Italy won, 6 dollars hahaha.

Tomorow Les Bleus plays, you will set a new definition of Football.

Adrien C said:
Man, I watched the games with an Aussie and a Sweddie in a betting parlor. We didn't bet, but, if I had payed 10 bucks and Ghana had won I would have made 50 bucks, If Italy won, 6 dollars hahaha.

Tomorow Les Bleus plays, you will set a new definition of Football.

against who?

5 hours remaining...

Long live the fatherland!

Im supporting Korea in this round

Im supporting Australia overall, obviously, Go Aussie!!
Great game against Japan!

Supporting Australia. We up against Brazil next?

Korea will win, but only because Togo sucks big time. It will be a tie between France and Switzerland. Brazil will win big over Croatia.

Korea aren't exactly anything great either. Advocaat ftl.

He's not a very good manager? Don't rate him. People will probably defend him for the his stint at Rangers.

But, the SPL and the World are slightly different. Besides, I seen Korea in Edinburgh a couple of weeks back. Ghana flattened them 3-1.

Yesterday was fun. People were shouting: "JAPAN SUCKS! KILL JAPAN!" And the there were these huge roars of happiness when Austrailia scored.

ROK! ROK! ROK!

042006061302400_1.jpg

Dear lord, 1.5 million....

Cormeh said:
He's not a very good manager? Don't rate him. People will probably defend him for the his stint at Rangers.

But, the SPL and the World are slightly different. Besides, I seen Korea in Edinburgh a couple of weeks back. Ghana flattened them 3-1.

well he's famous for terrible substitutions, The Czech-Holland game in 2004 Robben substitution being an example. Ah well, maybe Korea will stunt again

15357 said:
Yesterday was fun. People were shouting: "JAPAN SUCKS! KILL JAPAN!" And the there were these huge roars of happiness when Austrailia scored.

ROK! ROK! ROK!

Man, i seriously fear for your neutrility...

...what neutrility?

I kill myself. :LOL:

/EDIT I misspelt neutrility, didn't i?

Laivasse said:
If you mean Koller, the way they were talking about it was that it was pretty serious, a pulled hamstring or something. He might be out for the tournament *shrug* That'd suck bad for the Czechs if it was the case but they still have Nedved and Rosicky. Such a quality team.

As for the Ghana match I actually thought they were dominating for about the first 20 minutes, then Toni hit the bar and then the Italian chances came flooding through. But it could easily already be 2-2 or more by now.

Koller is apparently only out for one match. He'll be back to face Italy.

Cormeh said:

Really? Where was that played?

The Leith toilet. (Easter Road).

It was quite good actually, seen as Hibs were'nae playing. :D

It appears that even the referee thinks the Japanese goal yesterday shouldn't have been allowed:

Middlesbrough website said:
THE EGYPTIAN referee who almost shattered Australia's World Cup dream has apologised to Boro duo Mark Schwarzer and Mark Viduka.

Essam Abd El Fatah admitted he got it wrong when he allowed Japan's first half opener in the Group F encounter stand despite strong claims that Schwarzer had been impeded by Naohiro Takahara as he came out to collect a cross.

The Boro goalkeeper, seen here making a save in the penalty shootout that took his country to their first finals since 1974, revealed that the referee agreed that justice had been done when the Aussies stormed back with three late goals to win 3-1.

Good god. There are 30 frigging trucks with loudspeakers atached shouting out WIN KOREA!

Back