2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Reaktor4 said:
I missed most of that match and didnt see it till he came off. What do you mean by eeky?

probably that he didn't play very well. I missed most of the first half, and so I missed his play because he was pulled early in the second half. Figo had a pretty good game. Pauleta was pressuring the keeper. it could have been better, but they got the 3 points.

I'm hoping the US plays like the Dutch did.

angola were funny, some of there players seemed afraid to touch the ball

''NO DONT GIVE IT TO ME!NOES!!!!!!!!!!!''

As I suspected England isn't the only "big" team to play rather averagely against supposedly weaker opposition. Sweden, Holland, Argentina and Portugal have all done similar.

I don't think Sweden, Argentina or Holland played averagely against their opponents. It's becoming harder and harder to win by +1 goal difference when the opponent focuses on defending. I must say that the 3 countries I mentioned played attractive football where a lot of chances were just missed. perhaps it's a question of luck, or indeed they were playing a bit scared. But in these kinds of tournaments you can't afford to play 80% or 90%, which England did imo

holland was above average but i did expect more.

1 hour till aus. vs jpn. ^__________^

Holland was not so good in the 2nd half, they blame it on the heat. Your socceroos should do better on that part, right? Good luck aussies&Guus!

Come on Japan!

I've 2 quid on a 2-0 win.

I'm supporting Japan for appearances sake with some Japanese acquaintances, heh. Don't underestimate their ability to cope with the temperature, since it regularly gets up to 40 degrees and above in parts of Japan in summer.

BTW I love the US-pisstake Budweiser ads :p

royale, yup, it's basically always 30 degrees here so we'll be fine though japan should do equally well, in the last few cups they play it was around the same temperature, so i don't think the weather will be a huge deciding factor in this match, but maybe so if there was a 'cold' country playing.

oh come on, japan are so scared their spreading bad pr about australia and that they are 'aggressive' .. wimps. :p

- yes, i'm joking, it will be an excellent match !

5 mins to kick off. ^__________^

Australia!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo Aussies!!!!!!!!

That was a blatant foul - shouldn't have been a goal.

slippery hands, WHAT THE HECK !?

did you watch the instant replays ? he was pushed out of the way, otherwise he was right on it.

what a horrible referee, and freaking japan where complaining australia is 'violent.'

timed it wrong ? he was BARGED out of the way.

the person actually caused him to be moved from his position he put himself in, watch it again.

- i'm not simply saying this because i'm supprting australia (among others), but it really was quite lame.

Japan don't have anything like the physical presence to foul like you're implying, he mistimed his jump, easy as that. I'll agree if it was England then it would of been disallowed :p

no, as i said, there is a difference to not timing his jump, and having his body moved by another entity, that entity being player 9.

lol @ england reference. ;)

ah well

BTW I've got an Ozzy socceroos t shirt on, the one I wore at the Sydney qualification vs Uraguay.

So freaking comeon Australia!

do you live in aus raxxman ?

japan's offence seems a bit slack, while australia has had quite a few excellent runs, alot of 'close' or 'should have been a goal' shots.

I just watched again,

- he timed wrong
- up in the air HE pushed the japanese guy away

I've never seen Hiddink so mad lol

Meh, I think there's too much protection of goalies in the area anyway. The guy misjudged the jump, the japanese guy took a nudge in the back...it' not as clear cut as people are saying. Usually they give the keeper the benefit of the doubt, this time they didn't, that's all.

LOL the ref's assistant wouldn't let Hiddink watch the replay on the TV

i'm standing by it should have been a foul (accident or not), or at least until i watch the replay 30 times.

lol, go hiddink.

edit: allright, the the first guy who had a collision with the goalie, i would've let that slide but definently not the second, that's where i see the problem and why i think it warranted a foul. :)

Pretty boring game (Jap vs Aus).

I'm looking forward to Italy - Ghana, though.

I'm not in Australia Dest, though I do wish I was :)

Currently living in Sheffield England, visited Oz last year and it just coinsided with the game.

Japan have squandered too many good chances. They could easily be 2 or 3 goals clear of the Aussies by now - not incl. the penalty that didn't happen.

It's a funny old game.

//edit - nice shot

Raxxman said:
I'm not in Australia Dest, though I do wish I was :)

Currently living in Sheffield England, visited Oz last year and it just coinsided with the game.
oh ok, nice. :)

my gf is from england (she lives here), how i love her accent.

Back