2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Lovely pair of goals for Korea. It was looking hairy for ages at 1-0 down, but then Togo had a guy sent off, Korea scored from the free kick and the whole match turned round. 2-1 now.

ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!ROK!

you salute something like this?

No, I'm a student, so I salute military style.

Lol @ narrator.

Narrator: VICTORY! VICTORY! HUMAN VICTORY! VICTORY!

Hey does croatia have a good team this year like theyve had previously? Like, do they have a good shot at beating brazil?

Their team is pretty good, but Brazil's is yet again exceptional, so i'd expect Brazil to be winning comfortably. Good job on Korea, pulled through, but this time not being the host nation i wouldn't get too expectant of their abilities. France will sail through, between Korea and Switzerland who play next!

Me ftw!!! I am going to Holland - Ivory Coast this friday. My boss had a spare ticket. It's a VIP trip, all expenses paid. Flying to Stuttgart friday morning, drinks & food, watching the game in a sky box, and flying back immediately afterwards. I am such a lucky bastard!!

Shakermaker said:
Me ftw!!! I am going to Holland - Ivory Coast this friday. My boss had a spare ticket. It's a VIP trip, all expenses paid. Flying to Stuttgart friday morning, drinks & food, watching the game in a sky box, and flying back immediately afterwards. I am such a lucky bastard!!
Oh my dear god, i envy you dearly, what an awesome trip!

Shakermaker said:
:|
i hate you shakey :frown:

:smoking:
enjoy it

Man, that were the worst game so far, France were pants.

Never mind BRAZIL soon, here’s hoping they lift the tournament (and they always have tons of lovely women supporters)

Shakermaker said:
I should be a great game, congrats. I'm looking forward to it myself.

Brazil vs. Croatioa coming up, what do you think of that one?

Yeah, France were pretty damn shite. Not to take anything away from Switzerland though, played well and created a couple of great chances.

The Monkey said:
Brazil vs. Croatioa coming up, what do you think of that one?

Gonna watch it. I love to see the Brazilians play. And like baxter said, their supporters are great too.

I missed France - Switzerland but it seems I didn't miss much.

Yeah that was shit, France are embarrassing these days, an old quabbly squad. And as usual Henry goes missing in the big games :rolleyes: On par with the worst game so far (England & Paraguay), be glad if you missed it. Brazil time shortly, in fact very soon.

If your home team is knocked out of the World Cup you have to cheer Brazil on really.

Originally Posted by Shakermaker

You are indeed, enjoy. This is gona be a tough game and one that is hard to call, good luck:thumbs:

Am I the only one that found this match a tad boring? Ronaldinho and Roberto Carlos were in good form, but Ronaldo was walking around, as if he was on a beach party, and Kaka basically only showed himself when he made the goal. Plus Brasil also had quite a lot fouls.

Yes, I expected a bit more from Brazil, but I think the second half will offer more.

Meh, that game could have been so much more. The Croatians tried but just never seemed to be able to finish it. Brasil was very unimpressive. I am rooting for Australia in this group.

They wont win it if they dont start putting a bit of effort in. They were shite. So were france.

I bet I could have done hundred times better than Ronaldo. I don't even know if he went for the ball one time. He was static for the whole time he was there, good thing they changed him.

AntiAnto said:
I bet I could have done hundred times better than Ronaldo. I don't even know if he went for the ball one time. He was static for the whole time he was there, good thing they changed him.

Yeah, he was utter shite. He had one proper shot at goal. Robinho did more in 25 minutes than Ronaldo in the rest of the game.

I cant believe ronaldo lasted 70 minutes. Mustve been munching the pies last night or something.

Brazil was just terrible today... both Ronaldo and Ronaldinho didn't play well, only Kaka played well.

I give a massive props to Croatia. They played on par with Brazil.

Ronaldo is absolute shit. I hope he doesn't get a game for the rest of the touney. And folks, Brazil never had this easy, Croatia are a shit hot team.

Prso was my man of the match. Working like a biznitch. Defense, midfield, attacking, he was really out there and going for it.

Combine Hybrid said:
Brazil was just terrible today... both Ronaldo and Ronaldinho didn't play well, only Kaka played well.

I give a massive props to Croatia. They played on par with Brazil.

I disagree about Ronaldinho. The first half he was where he was supposed to be on the field and did everything right. I guess we usually intend that he's going to be supernatural because of his reputation and we don't regard enough his participation as a member of a team but more as the determining element.

I admit that he wasn't perfoming as usual at the second half, but still he was creating a game plan.

Ronaldinho is almost always trying at least. The problem was Croatia pulled a France in the 98 final, crowd hunners o' men around the ball when Brazil look dangerous.

I actually liked the Brazil match since I was supporting Croatia and they had a lot of attacks going through Prso. They deserved a draw at least.

It was funny with Motson and Lawrenson. They were saying "Brazil are just ordinary today, just ordinar... Kaka! Kaka scores!"

Mongs.

Prso was godly today. I hope he doesn't knacker his knee though.

Motson is an awful commentator. But apparently the American commenators make a few mistakes:

From ESPN's coverage of Portugal vs Angola: "Portugal, a nation of just over 10 million, it's capital is Lesbian...erm, I mean Lisbon."

From ABC's commentary of England v Paraguay: "There can't be a player with more hype surrounding them than Michael Beckham."

By Brazillian standards they were ordinary. They hardly dominated the match like they were expected to. Some of that is down to Croatia; some of it is down to Brazil not showing the inventiveness we've come to expect of them in the final third of the pitch.

Agreed, Brazil were pretty average today. Croatia deserved a draw - to be fair they had enough chances to win.

Warbie said:
Agreed, Brazil were pretty average today. Croatia deserved a draw - to be fair they had enough chances to win.
yup

Back