2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

lol, was that right when he was inside the penalty box @ aus goals ?

brazil players were diving so much, and it was funny to see ronaldo pushing the aus defender when he was just marking him.

brazil didn't deserve a 2-0 win, 1-0 at most, they were playing horribly the first half and the second wasn't much better, oh well.

France vs. S. Korea now! Gooooo underdogs! 나는 당신의 나라를 불길의 바다로 바꿀거야!

1-0 to France 8 minutes in ;_ ;

HAHAHAHHA DA KOREANS OFFENSE TIZ MILDLY SHITTY

HAHAH ALLEZ LES BLEEEUUSSSS!!!! yeaaah

I really want SK to beat France, doesn't look good now, but after France's first game they can play rubbish, and not looking as strong as they once were.

I switched from the France game at the 75th minute at 1-0 to watch Big Brother for a bit, then I switch back at the 88th and it's 1-1.

LAME!!

Started watching the game at the 80th minute when SK scored. I was actually cheering for SK. Entertaining last 15 minutes. What was the rest of the match like?

Harryz said:
Started watching the game at the 80th minute when SK scored. I was actually cheering for SK. Entertaining last 15 minutes. What was the rest of the match like?
France dominated. They played way better than in their 1st match. Vieira had a goal over the line that wasn't given.

Harryz said:

First half France was clearely dominating (something like 7 shots for france and 0 for korea). Second half was a little more even, although Korea's offense was still a bit :x , then all of a sudden they go completely insane for like 2 minutes straight and score.

StardogChampion said:
France dominated. They played way better than in their 1st match. Vieira had a goal over the line that wasn't given.

That was infuriating!

Damnit dudes, I missed all the games today. Seems like France - South Korea was the most spectacular one. 1-1 draw, amazing. It seems that South Korea functions very well under Dutch coaches.

Very good game I taped the France and South Korea one.

At first it didn't seam like the Koreans were playing very well the first half but the last 10 minutes the game just went insane. This is when Korea picked up enough momentum to score.

Very Very good game.

Oh yeah so I was watching a little footy today mates, and the most brilliant thing happened! I was tuned in to the Pakistan vs. Ecuador match, and oh man they kicked that ball so very hard. And I was like BLOODY 'ELL M8!!1

Yeah def. <3

Pakistan aren't in the World Cup, and cut out the digs at football. We've got this one thread to talk in, i'm sure it's not in your way/bothering you!

I am overjoyed SK scored right near the end, France are in a world of hurt and problems now, and i love it. Switzerland should be Togo and then the pressure is really on. Qualification will be tough. Les Bleu's aren't so bien these days.

Hectic Glenn said:
Pakistan aren't in the World Cup, and cut out the digs at football. We've got this one thread to talk in, i'm sure it's not in your way/bothering you!

I wasn't digging at anything!

Sheesh, I was just trying to fit in.

destrukt said:
lol, was that right when he was inside the penalty box @ aus goals ?

brazil players were diving so much, and it was funny to see ronaldo pushing the aus defender when he was just marking him.

brazil didn't deserve a 2-0 win, 1-0 at most, they were playing horribly the first half and the second wasn't much better, oh well.

To be fair, Australia had their chances, numerous ones in the second half to equalize but they just didn't finish.

Oz played a blinder, and were a little unlucky methinks.

SK were rubbish, with a flash of none-rubbishness saving them.

Didn't see the other game as I was watching thank you for smoking. Think I made the right choice

Brazil played great, some people are simply band wagonners. They didn't play bad, it's just everyone expects them to score 10-1 whenever they are on the field. The only problem they had today was that Ronaldo and Adriano aren't good as a duo strikers. Ronaldo can pass the ball but he doesn't get passes from Adriano. He actually set up a few nice plays today. They should bench Adriano and put Robinho with Ronaldo then watch they will score like mad, because Robinho has a thing Adriano doesn't that is the ability tomake nice passes. Adriano is basically a one way shooter. Kaka also played great again and so did Ze Roberto. Ronaldinho could do more, I was expecting him to do the free kicks instead of Roberto Carlos but he didn't. Roberto is a great shooter but his balls are straight forward and power hits which makes them much easier to guess and defend against. Ronaldinho however knowns how to make those dizzy shots that can fool goalies as well as the defense. So he would have been the better choice.

As for France, this was the game I was expecting them to lose. The reason is because South Korea is a pure Dark Horse. They have the ability to kill you if you give them the opportunity as we just saw that when France settled back for a bit, which allowed the Korean to show their magic. Besides, France deserved what they got they learned nothing from their last match. Although they got more opportunites this time it still doesn't change the fact that the One lone striker concept is killing them. They should have Henry and Terzerget in front at the same time. Henry can then work his magic with him.

mortiz said:
To be fair, Australia had their chances, numerous ones in the second half to equalize but they just didn't finish.
yeah, so many moments where they choked, especially kewell. :(

anyway, getting into the world cup was huge news down here, i mean, those 3 goals against japan where our first, ever, so playing that well (especially defensively) against a team like brazil is something to be proud of.

Australia deserved to phail :frown:
I mean, two golden opportunities wasted?!

99.vikram said:
australia deserved to fail ? oh shutup, let's see another team who is as new/has as little experience as aus do so well against a team like brazil.

99.vikram said:
Two golden opportunities wasted? I can think of 1 and that was when Kewell got the ball after Dida dropped the catch. Can't think of anything else.

If anything i thought the referee was being a far bit harsh on Australia. At one stage Kewell was out in front and got tackled by two defenders from Brazil. No foul was given by the ref, play on he said. But when one of the Aussies tackled the ball and a brazillian stumbled, free kick to Brazil.

Saw Kewell rip into that ref after the game, he looked pissed.

England hasn't beaten Sweden in 38 years, and you are not gonna start now dammit!

switzerland looked alright today, way more organised than togo.
Great comeback by spain.

destrukt said:
yeah, so many moments where they choked, especially kewell. :(

anyway, getting into the world cup was huge news down here, i mean, those 3 goals against japan where our first, ever, so playing that well (especially defensively) against a team like brazil is something to be proud of.

yeah they pull out cahill and put in Kewell and he blows that open goal opportunity. "wizard of oz" my ass.

today, spain, omg is going so far. They were down, yes, but they came back with a vengeance. Fabregas and Torres are so awesome. great second goal. beautiful through ball from Fabregas right to Torres, who just layed it past the keeper. superb football.

so far the best teams in WC play are: Holland, Argentina, and Spain.

Spain will probably end up facing France in the second round, assuming either South Korea or Switzerland wins their game & France beats Togo.

Damn, Australia lost. Oh well, I wasnt expecting them to win anyway, it was a good effort by Australia, but we were versing the world champions.

Lets hope Australia can win against Croatia next week.

Holland aren't in the same league as Spain, and Spain aint in the same league as Argentina ATM.

Lawro put the Argentina 1st 11 as his top 11 so far and for once I agree with him, they're just amazing.

Argentina is amazing. I hope this Messi dude will play tomorrow night, then Holland will be embarrassed I'm afraid. Oh well, great tournament so far.

My predictions:

Germany 1-1 Ecuador
Poland 1-0 Costa Rica
England 1-1 Sweden
Paraguay 2-1 Trinidad & Tobago

The last time England defeated Sweden was in 1968, and I don't think they will break the trend today.

that said England have little to play for, Lampard will be playing it safe to prevent a second yellow + a suspension.

And they're playing Muppet boy Hargreves, who's only contribution in the paraguay game was to miss the ball totally in a clearance pass.

Eh that sounds overly harsh... Basically I thin Carrick should be given a place over Hargreves he's sitting on the subs bench for Munich, why the hell does that make him 1st choice over Carrick who's had a blinding season for a team who's done amazing this year.

ecuador 0-1 germany
costa rica 0-0 poland
paraguay 1-1 t&t
sweden 2-1 england

The Monkey said:
The last time England defeated Sweden was in 1968, and I don't think they will break the trend today.

You should know as well as I, what's gone before is completely irrelevant! England might not be in the form we expect of them, but you can hardly say Sweden are in good form either. Though we will be resting a couple of players (because they're on yellow cards), losing the game might not be such a bad thing if Germany lose or draw with Ecudor.

Raxxman said:
Eh that sounds overly harsh... Basically I thin Carrick should be given a place over Hargreves he's sitting on the subs bench for Munich, why the hell does that make him 1st choice over Carrick who's had a blinding season for a team who's done amazing this year.

As opposed to Bayern Munich, who merely won the Bundesliga? Also, Hargreves had a great season, apparently; I've heard that it would've been unthinkable to leave him out of the Bayern Team.

The problem with Hargreves is that we never see the best of him. Sven just brings him on near the end of the game, in positions he doesn't normally play. We'll get to see what he's really like tonight.

Bundesliga is a rubbish league, when was the last time a german based team did well in europe? It's all spain, Italy and occasonally England.

Hargreves got 16 caps last season, that's under half the games Bayen played. He's hardly indispensible to the squad.

Carrick on the other hand has played nearly every game for Spurs, and has been pritty much indispensible.

Raxxman said:
Bundesliga is a rubbish league, when was the last time a german based team did well in europe? It's all spain, Italy and occasonally England.

Hargreves got 16 caps last season, that's under half the games Bayen played. He's hardly indispensible to the squad.

Carrick on the other hand has played nearly every game for Spurs, and has been pritty much indispensible.

Hargreaves was injured which is why he didn't get as many, ahem, "caps" for Bayern, as Carrick did for Spurs. But, by all accounts, as soon as he was back from injury he was straight in the team.

Bayern get to the last 16 of the Champions League consistantly (and won it in 2001), so at the very least Hargreaves has Champions League experience. Which is more than Carrick has.

Disclaimer: I'm just saying that Hargreaves deserves a start just as much as Carrick. If he plays badly tonight don't anyone come on here and go "HAHAH, Feath you were wrong!!!" or some crap.

Back