2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Well I've said it a few times, if FIFA was serious about stamping down on simulation they'd send him home.

Untill they get serious you're going to see diving.

1-1 ****ing awesome goal from Ribery. The game erupted after that.

Definitely game on. France not surrendering here!

"Voila" much easier to say than "There you go"

This has been an interesting game.

Gggggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Didn't expect France to beat Spain. It's typical of Spain to mess it up in the later stages though.

Good game. And France will play Brasil next. Re-run of the '98 final. I wonder if Les Bleus will poison Ronaldo again :naughty:

StardogChampion said:
Didn't expect France to beat Spain. It's typical of Spain to mess it up in the later stages though.

same sentiments here. I still can't believe France stepped up tonight. and i had picked Spain to win the whole thing. oh well. I know France are not going to play this well against brazil. i love Zidane though. amazing performance. he's so badass and 34 y/o.

Slightly off topic:

Did you guys read about Pessotto? He played for Juve where he just became a team manager. He fell from a window of the club's headquarters today. He suffered multiple fractures but isn't fatally injured. The police are investigating if it was a suicide coz he was found with a rosary in his hand. Pessotto wasn't a suspect in the Juventus matchmaking scandal though. A couple of his teammates flew back to Italy today to see him.
SKY
BBC

didnt see any of the games today, just lame highlights, cant believe Spain blew it, the spanish blokes in work must be sobbing into their pints about now.
Shakermaker said:
Slightly off topic:

Did you guys read about Pessotto? He played for Juve where he just became a team manager. He fell from a window of the club's headquarters today. He suffered multiple fractures but isn't fatally injured. The police are investigating if it was a suicide coz he was found with a rosary in his hand. Pessotto wasn't a suspect in the Juventus matchmaking scandal though. A couple of his teammates flew back to Italy today to see him.
SKY
BBC
WTF?????

jimbo118 said:

Yeah, wtf idd. I wonder what's the story behind it. Corriere della Sera will prolly have all the gory details tomorrow.

Yeah, Spain screwed up again. Poor from Spain, didn't even make the quarter finals. I bet they're dissapointed as hell.

I'm sorry for Spain, I hoped they would get farther with this team. But it irritates me that Henry had to fake a slap in the face to force a freekick, which resulted in the 2-1 and broke the game open.

Adidajs said:
same sentiments here. I still can't believe France stepped up tonight. and i had picked Spain to win the whole thing. oh well. I know France are not going to play this well against brazil. i love Zidane though. amazing performance. he's so badass and 34 y/o.

Zidane is absolutely amazing, but you have to give Ribery some credit as well.

I found this funny:

JINXED ASDA IN BID TO SIGN FIGO

ASDA wants to sign Portuguese striker Luis Figo for its advertising campaign - in the hope its injury jinx will strike a third time.

The supermarket saw Wayne Rooney get hurt after signing him up for ads, then his stand-in Michael Owen was sent home from Germany injured. A straw poll in Asda's offices found Figo was the Portugese player most likely to score against England.

Asda's Nick Agarwal said: "We want him to do some nice publicity shots and get injured in training. Nothing too serious. We are speaking to Figo's agent at the moment."

Yeah an injury to Figo would be nice, nothing too serious, something like his head impaled on a stake.

Hehe.

Oh and whats all this about Ronaldo saying he wants to quit Man Utd to play for Real Madrid suddenly? Has he recovered from his knock already (against Holland). I hope Gary Neville is back for the Portugal game so he can kick Ronaldo up in the air for being that unfaithful to Manchester United.

Hectic Glenn said:
Hehe.

Oh and whats all this about Ronaldo saying he wants to quit Man Utd to play for Real Madrid suddenly? Has he recovered from his knock already (against Holland). I hope Gary Neville is back for the Portugal game so he can kick Ronaldo up in the air for being that unfaithful to Manchester United.
Tabloid bollocks probably originating from friends of villar mir the ****.

Shakermaker said:
Yeah, wtf idd. I wonder what's the story behind it. Corriere della Sera will prolly have all the gory details tomorrow.
just listening to irish news atm on the radio, ugh gory details idd, ankles shattered on impact :x:(

Ok, my guess for the next matches:

GER 1 X 2 ARG
ITA 2 X 0 UKR
ENG 1 X 0 POR
BRA 3 X 1 FRA

VAI BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My predictions:
GER 2-3 ARG
ITA 2-0 UKR
ENG 0-2 POR
BRA 4-0 FRA

My predictions

GER 2 - 1 ARG
ITA 2 - 0 UKR
ENG 1 - 0 POR
BRA 2 - 1 FRA

England till I die.

My 2 cts (note: I suck very badly at this kind of stuff)
GER 1-0 ARG
ITA 2-1 UKR
ENG 3-2 POR (after penalties)
BRA 3-2 FRA

GER 0- 2 ARG
ITA 2-1 UKR
ENG 1-3 POR (before penalties)
BRA 2-0 FRA

Bloody Scots heh! You just can't be happy for us.

DOWN WITH MURRAY!

Hectic Glenn said:
Bloody Scots heh! You just can't be happy for us.

DOWN WITH MURRAY!

Murray stinks, just like Henman. An E-penor enlargement says that he bottles his current match and ends up losing. I was watching the tennis today and the tennis commentators like John McEnroe were saying how Henmen is harshly done by and that he's really a good player. Well Semi-Finals and Quarter Finals just don't cut it, people like winners, and if you're not a winner you must be a loser, and why should we care about losers?

Though Scotland hasn't produced anything worth a shit in a while (apart from the comedy of having some of the worst mortality rates in the U.K.) so you can't blame them for being a bit uptight. Though I draw the line when a Scot will go out of his way to beat up a 7 year old kid for wearing an England football shirt in Scotland, it's just insane.

Though Scotland hasn't produced anything worth a shit in a while (apart from the comedy of having some of the worst mortality rates in the U.K.) so you can't blame them for being a bit uptight. Though I draw the line when a Scot will go out of his way to beat up a 7 year old kid for wearing an England football shirt in Scotland, it's just insane.

Hey mate that's below the belt, we are not all like that and I condemn this type of stupidly totally.

Football is football, sport is sport, you know we are rivals, but many of us take this rivalry in a humorous way, please don't label us all like this because of the actions of a few stupid idiots.

Back