2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

If they get through the quarters, who will england most likely face?

It's gonna be either Brazil, Ghana, Spain, France

Blatter actually said that the ref deserves a yellow card.

Haha he cried? What exactly happened to him? I'm kicking myself for missing this match.

Better image:

1043608_7988_1088976284840-pogr10.jpg

Harryz said:
Haha he cried? What exactly happened to him? I'm kicking myself for missing this match.

He cried coz he had to leave the field after a charge by Bourarous. His thigh was hit up pretty bad.

Harryz said:

he got kicked in the thigh. kept coming off and trying to return, but finally had to give in. I give him credit for really trying to stay on the pitch. he really does add something to Portugal when he's not trying to just play fancy.

I can't believe they didn't put in van Nistelrooy. it's bullshit. he's their best striker. no excuse, none whatsoever. and Costinha and Deco out against England? I really think England has a chance to go deeper. Hell, half of Portugal has a yellow card.

edit: i have always like Figo, but that was bullshit tonight. I have lost respect for him. They were both going for the ball.

Haha, two thumbs to Holland. Ronaldo has always pissed me off.

Shut up ****s.
Adidajs said:
I can't believe they didn't put in van Nistelrooy. it's bullshit. he's their best striker. no excuse, none whatsoever.
The way ruud has been treated lately is ridiculous. Stupid of holland to help dig their own grave by dropping him.
It pretty much started after Figo decided to be a f*cking c*nt by pretending he had been hit in the face. Things went downhill from there..
Are you blind? Figo was elbowed in the face. It even left a mark. And it had already kicked off before that happened anyway.

Unlucky Holland.. Portugul didn't really deserve the win.. sorry boys. Although you tried hard, your diving was no match for theirs..

The Monkey said:
Lame game, England.

I hope Holland or Portugal kicks you ass in the quarterfinals.

I'm really looking forward too the Holland-Portugal game, BTW! :D

Meh. Sour grapes.

Best games of the tournament so far

Argentina v Mexico

Holland v Portugal

Worst ref so far, the one who refereed the Holland v Portugal game.

Great games, full of passion.

England, well ok, well done you made it though, kind of missed the passion myself though; maybe the other teams used it all.

<RJMC> said:
this guy rooney is hilarious

lol, so true, he looks incredible, like some off-world beast. The football's good though

jondy said:
lol, so true, he looks incredible, like some off-world beast. The football's good though

He might turn into a giant Gazza.

I find it funny because is short and corpulent and is allways angry

imaginate it in the holland vrs portugal game

Rooney could eat the Portuguese back four on his own :)

That game was no rougher than your average match in the premiership - they're just wussies.

Oh you english are so awesome :dork:

referee was totally off the chart with cards. Technically he was right in a lot of cases , but this has ruined the game completely.

Anyway, Holland did not deserve to win, this team is simply no World Champion material. Oh, and you germans play better and better each game, well done. But please stop rubbing it in that we're out of the WC, it's not your style to behave like total wankers, that's a Dutch privilige :LOL:

so... Bunking off early today to catch the Oz game.

Come on OZ!

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Oh you english are so awesome :dork:

That's not what a meant, well, maybe a little ;)

My point was that players from both teams were as much to blame as the ref. Bar a few nasty fouls, they were diving everywhere - playing for cards rather than for the ball. It was embarrassing.

Tbh, I'm not scared of Portugal, we should have beaten them in Euro 2004 but Sol Campbell's goal was disallowed at the end because (imo) Portugal were the home nation. That isn't the case anymore. As for Big Phil, if you can't win a world cup with Brazil what team can you win one with!? Portugal lost to Greece two years ago, so Portugal are very defeatable. Only thing is even if we do defeat Portugal we still have to beat Brazil in the semi-finals assuming they get through(and let's face it, they probably will) :S.

Warbie said:
That's not what a meant, well, maybe a little ;)

My point was that players from both teams were as much to blame as the ref. Bar a few nasty fouls, they were diving everywhere - playing for cards rather than for the ball. It was embarrassing.

Yep, I felt sick to my stomach watching players like van Bommel and Figo making total asses out of themselves. But it was a rough game, and unfortunately when stakes get higher, players tend to use every means necessary to get through. Bah.

mortiz said:
Tbh, I'm not scared of Portugal, we should have beaten them in Euro 2004 but Sol Campbell's goal was disallowed at the end because (imo) Portugal were the home nation. That isn't the case anymore. As for Big Phil, if you can't win a world cup with Brazil what team can you win one with!? Portugal lost to Greece two years ago, so Portugal are very defeatable. Only thing is even if we do defeat Portugal we still have to beat Brazil in the semi-finals assuming they get through(and let's face it, they probably will) :S.

Really? I was just thinking the same thing but in reversed roles. If Portugal doesn't beat England I am going to be very disapointed. They struggled against Ecuador while we beat Holland with a man down and Ronaldo injured. I am thinking that Engalnd are more fragile than the Dutch, could be wrong though.

They don't show World Cup on TV here. Last time world cup came around cable tv subscribers got world cup broadcasts for free, now even if you have cable you don't get to watch the World Cup unless you buy a special World Cup cable package... ****ing price gougers. Right next door in Malaysia they're broadcasting every single match on free to air stations so you don't even need cable to watch.

Coop said:
Really? I was just thinking the same thing but in reversed roles. If Portugal doesn't beat England I am going to be very disapointed. They struggled against Ecuador while we beat Holland with a man down and Ronaldo injured. I am thinking that Engalnd are more fragile than the Dutch, could be wrong though.

We've done what we've needed to do to win the games, and I'm hoping we'll do the same in the Portugal match. At the end of the day beating a team 1 - 0 or 6 - 0 in knock out football makes no difference, the only thing it might do is over-inflate the confidence of your players. By having these dogged performances we at least know where the problems lie in our team and where we need to improve.

England has been utterly hopeless this time round (they seem hopeless all the time, come to think of it). Nearly all the teams they've faced so far were minnows, but that won't happen anymore (Portugal + Brazil).

There's been a ****load of cards this year, I used to watch a lot of Premiership and there were like, 1 red card every 5-10 games, now nearly every game has at least 1 red card, often more.

destrukt said:
australia ftw !

an ita player just got a red card !

Thought it was a bit harsh imo, should have been a yellow, the Ozzy Attacker wasn't going anywhere.

Coop said:

You beat holland through a skillful combination of diving and general bad sportsmanship. Holland simply didn't have the Portugese experience in that regard, and while they tried to keep up, they just couldn't manage.

No offence to you personally meant but I think Portugal's national team are a bunch of twats.

England AREN'T hopeless, we're capable of very good things - we have a lot of potential, we'll see.

EDIT: We're also 3rd favourites to win :p

mortiz said:
Thought it was a bit harsh imo, should have been a yellow, the Ozzy Attacker wasn't going anywhere.
yeah, i think it warranted a yellow as the tackle was a bit late, but the 'evil' side of me is thinking 'booya ! 1 less player to worry about !' :cheese:

Looks like another match is going to be won by diving and bad sportsmanship. Italy just got a penalty in the 93rd minute for a total BS dive. MISS, you arses.

...they didn't miss, piss on them.

no freaking way that was a penalty, and they get away with blatant hand balls inside the goal box, what the hell.

how pathetic.

This kind of stuff makes me sick of football. That penalty just encouraged 100,000 more dives in 100,000 more games.

Italy are a bunch of cheating bastards...

Saying that, I don't think the hand ball inside of the box deserved a penalty either, it was purely accidental and came off his body first. It should have gone to extra time.

How can the pundits talk about the game without screaming about how Australia were robbed? This shit needs to be criticised or it will never change.

Andy twatting Townsend: "They've missed a fabulous opportunity" - they didn't miss squat. They played well and pressed the Italians and then got robbed by cheating and shitty officials. SICK. OF. IT.

Back