2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

ComradeBadger said:
I can't shake the feeling that they were robbed, and Argentina were dirty little pricks.

Yeah, that'd be the englishman beating his breast inside of you :O

Hehe, oh the irony. It's raining in my hometown.

Oh well, let's see what's up for tomorrow!

Baxter, it's a small minority of fans. Considering there's about 60,000 England fans there.

TBH, both the German police, the British police and of course the fans themselves have done a great job of keeping things calm and civil. The last thing anybody wants is the sort of running street battles we had a few years ago.

Feath,

I know it is a small minority and I know these idiots do not represent English football but this is tomorrows head line news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5112364.stm

It will be all over the papers, all over the news and be honest with yourself is it something that you didn't expect? They are over there, under the spotlight and what do they do? Exactly what they always do, start acting stupidly.

Kivorman, I know we Jocks are the same; it would be nice just once for it not to happen. Just once for people to go to a sporting event and enjoy it, without this distasteful, yobbish behaviour.

baxter said:
Kivorman, I know we Jocks are the same; it would be nice just once for it not to happen. Just once for people to go to a sporting event and enjoy it, without this distasteful, yobbish behaviour.

Yeah, but that's unlikely without a radical change in our culture :\

Your average Brit is in for a big suprise when our nation is no longer a large power in the world anymore.

We'll probably go back to tribal warfare.

I hope the German police beat the living shit out of those fans. Deaths please.

On a non-violent note: lets hope England get pwned by Ecuador! Although they should beat them without many problems.

I didn't want Mexico to go out, but I'm glad Marquez scored since he's easily their best player. I like that Fonseca guy too.

I didn't notice Bravo and Franco playing in the 2nd half, he left that guy that plays for Bolton on instead. Disappointing.

mortiz said:
England FTW! tomorrow!

\o/

My mate's wife is from Ecuador, and they're both coming round to watch the match. Hopefully she won't take offence when I start screaming that they're a bunch of cheating c***s everytime something goes in Ecuador's favour :)

Either way, it's going to be interesting.

If Ecuador don't fully knock us out, Brazil will be there to hammer the final nails in. Again.

Same goes for Holland. Tonight we'll get buried by Portugal like in 2002 and 1998.

I love optimism :smoking:

edit: I would be devastated when the Dutch reach the finals. I won't be able to see them play. That is, I assume that in an airplane there won't be live tv?

KagePrototype said:
Brazil will be there to hammer the final nails in. Again.

We're playing Brazil in the quarters? *shivers*

What a game yesterday! I was really cheering Mexico on, they were fired up - no nonsense.

Ultimately, the Argentinians had the game. That second goal (which was disallowed), was onside. All in all, a feckin' braw game.

C'mon Ecuador! :D *plays sash*

I think Holland have a great chance of beating the snot out of Portugal.

I think England CAN beat Eq, but I'm seriously fecked off at Sven and his choice of Wallcot. I mean, I don't mind him pickin Wallcot for the squad, but never playing him just makes the striker problem so much worse.

Cormeh said:
What a game yesterday!

I totally agree. The first 20 minutes were the best football I saw in this world cup so far. The Mexicans were everywhere and the Argentinians could only watch in amazement. Great stuff. Too bad Mexico lost.

Raxxman said:
I think Holland have a great chance of beating the snot out of Portugal.

I hope you're right. I have a good feeling about the game, but the statistics aren't very hopeful.

But Inguhlund first. They should be able to beat Ecuador.

Yeah mexico were great, very good game of football, the mehicans had alot of quality players, they shudda subbed Borgetti though, he sucked. What a winner though :eek:

I hope England really do look like they're improving in this tournament. I'm hoping for a comfortable victory, although with England we never seem to get comfortable victories. We're usually 1 up with 10 minutes to go and the opposition launching wave after wave of attacks on our defence. If you look at Germany yesterday, it was comfortable for them, Sweden never looked like scoring.

OMFG, I missed the first 10 minutes and got in just as Ecuador hit the bar :x
Not a nice thing to come home to. KAMON INGLAND!!!

Inglund had an angel on the goalpost. I hope Holland plays better tonight.

Warbie said:
Very average from England - again :/

We are playing a lot better than we were. We're just having trouble creating chances.

Hmm, dunno how to feel about this England performance so far. There's nothing obviously wrong about what we're doing, but all our moves are breaking down in midfield. I mean I've seen far worse England first half performances. However to be frank I was glad the first half ended where it did because we were starting to exhibit the classic England-60-minute-mark behaviour - ie. giving far too much space to the opposition in the last third, and sitting in our box. Previous to that though, well, it wasn't too bad - just that we can never do anything with the ball.

I dunno about this 4-5-1 thing. Our defence has been shakey for the whole World Cup (especially from set pieces) but previously we had the extra firepower up front to just scrape it in our favour. But I suppose there's no getting around the absence of Owen.

Set pieces and long balls just *aren't* working for us so far, so we need to play it to feet. Rooney's clearly not on form either. I feel a goal coming, but we're going to need a bit of luck - and above all we need to avoid that shitty-second-half syndrome. Here's hoping...!

Get ready for a spree of yellow cards in the second half. This ref is really tight, not letting anything go... Annoys the hell out of me.

WAHEEEEEYYYy :cheers:

saw the replay - damn, that was superb. I'll hold off on the Beckham-bashing for a while now.

Jesus, I so want Lampard to score one, but he just missed a lovely chance after some genius play by Rooney.

Beckham needs to stop vomiting. And Lawrenson needs to stop laughing hysterically when he thinks the mic is off, LOL

Laivasse said:
Beckham needs to stop vomiting. And Lawrenson needs to stop laughing hysterically when he thinks the mic is off, LOL

Well, his mic was off, it was Motson's that was on.

I was wondering where that laughing was from, haha. Who are England playing in quarter-finals?

Back