2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Yeah, I'm rooting for Ghana, it'd be awesome if they make it through to the second round. Though I doubt they'll make it further 'cos they'd probably be facing Brazil, but you never know :).

The ref ****ing screwed us on that PK call. Good luck to Ghana in the second round, though. They deserve it.

Japan is officially getting their ass bitch slapped by Brazil left and right.

And in other hand, the aussies scored a second goal.

Meh, Japan sold it, playing like England and leaving acres of space for the Brazilians.

But wtf was going on in the Australia game? I heard that a Croatian guy got 3 yellow cards?? :LOL: Well done Aussies in getting through anyhow.

Laivasse said:
But wtf was going on in the Australia game? I heard that a Croatian guy got 3 yellow cards?? :LOL: Well done Aussies in getting through anyhow.

Yeah, what was that? Go Ozzies tho! Congrats. Guus ftw!! LOL, imagine all those Ozzies having a victory party at 06:30 in the morning.

OMG I've just seen the highlights. That match had to be the worst refereeing travesty ever. Two 110% penalty calls not given either. Sack that stupid f*cker now.

Laivasse said:
Meh, Japan sold it, playing like England and leaving acres of space for the Brazilians.

Suminic got 3 yellows, lol. Kewell came through for AUS, it's no wonder they dub him, "the wizard of oz". I'm happy for AUS.

too bad for my USA, but they looked like crap. Sure that pk was bull, but they didn't deserve to win it anyway. I'm rooting for Ghana to do well. They'll give Brazil a better challenge than the US could.

Sure, Brazil beat up on Japan, but they still don't look that good to me. I need to look at the potential matchups in the later rounds, but my thinking is that Brazil will lose to Spain or Argentina if they meet one of those two.

Laivasse said:
OMG I've just seen the highlights. That match had to be the worst refereeing travesty ever. Two 110% penalty calls not given either. Sack that stupid f*cker now.

were you referring to the hand ball in the box by Croatia?

Laivasse said:

The Referee can't be expected to see everything. In fact, he did well to see the first hand ball.

Adidajs said:
were you referring to the hand ball in the box by Croatia?

That and the blatant rugby tackle holding by the Croatian player earlier. If players are meant to be fined for shirt pulling then god knows what they're supposed to get for hooking their arm around a player's stomach and pulling - but according to Mr.Poll it's not even a foul. The Australian player getting his second yellow for a hand ball looked kind of BS to me as well. It seemed a lot like ball to hand to me (although I didn't see any replays). All those errors added up make one howler of a game for that ref.

Poll is useless, always has been.

Today was vintage, yellow card for ball to hand.

Missing a blatant punch the ball out.

3 yellows, one player.

Worst World cup reffing. Ever!

The funny thing is that the tv pundits were saying that Poll had a good chance of refereeing the final..... not anymore :p

StardogChampion said:
The funny thing is that the tv pundits were saying that Poll had a good chance of refereeing the final..... not anymore :p

Just saw the highlights of the game. That man should be permantly banned from reffing. What a travesty.

Well yes terrible reffing but...Australia is pretty much rocking right now. Harry Kewell Harry Kewell Harry Kewell has been elevated to the status of demi-god.

One of the most laughable moments, no foul
my.php

That was ridiculous it should've been a penalty for sure. And the hand ball out of goal square by that Croatian in the second half (halve?). That was a crime.

One thing is for sure though. Mark Schwarzer is the goalie for Australia in the game against Italy. No way will Hiddink let Kalac play again after that game. No way. I feel bad for Kalac about that 2nd goal, but the constant fumbles in the goal square were ridiculous

Sparta said:
One thing is for sure though. Mark Schwarzer is the goalie for Australia in the game against Italy. No way will Hiddink let Kalac play again after that game. No way. I feel bad for Kalac about that 2nd goal, but the constant fumbles in the goal square were ridiculous

Yeah, why the hell was Schwarzer dropped?

Shakermaker said:
Just saw the highlights of the game. That man should be permantly banned from reffing. What a travesty.
yeah Poll had a bit of a shocker all right although Croatia lost the head a bit at the end.

Two entertaining games! Wound up watching the Australia game though. Good on them. It was a complete farce from an official point of view, I've got to wonder if FIFA are perhaps putting too much pressure on their officials.

And what a goal by Japan. Shame they got pumped.

Yeah once Brazil's first goal went in, you just knew Japan had lost.. Ronaldo was looking better as well..

Feath said:
Yeah, why the hell was Schwarzer dropped?
Hiddink wanted Schwarzer to be fresh and ready for the next game against Italy i guess.

Schwarzer made some mistakes in the last 2 games, Kalac let an easy goal in...

Australia should have maybe had 3 penalties, but had he given the first one (that should have been a penalty) I doubt the Croation's would have comitted as many fouls.

God, french team gets soooo many opportunities and can't even score a fricking goal against togo...

/depressed

Back