2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

man, i hate that ref, and more so i hate italy, ugly losers.

see after that retard got the foul, all the other lamers come running over congratulating him on a nice dive.

it's such a shame, aus really deserved to make it to the quarter finals and we're one of the only teams which aren't 'stained' - by that i mean the players don't dive, they play an honest game, they show good sportsmanship and so on.

ComradeBadger said:
You beat holland through a skillful combination of diving and general bad sportsmanship. Holland simply didn't have the Portugese experience in that regard, and while they tried to keep up, they just couldn't manage.

No offence to you personally meant but I think Portugal's national team are a bunch of twats.

England AREN'T hopeless, we're capable of very good things - we have a lot of potential, we'll see.

EDIT: We're also 3rd favourites to win :p

Ok , that it's your opinion.
But I disagree. Both teams were bad in terms of being "twats", and I actually think that the Dutch team was worse ( Heitinga not giving the ball back for example). We took our chances and won. It's not like we dove and got a penalty out of it. And we did play with a man down most of the second half, and lost Ronaldo ( in a very nasty foul by the Dutch player I might add).

Certainly I put England as favourites, since Deco and Figo are suspended, but I find the English team very uninspired in this competition. I think we can win the game. I must say the Dutch looked a better team than England.

destrukt said:
man, i hate that ref, and more so i hate italy, ugly losers.

see after that retard got the foul, all the other lamers come running over congratulating him on a nice dive.
Yeah, that just looked so wrong. I wonder what it looks like to the officials when that happens. I wonder if they lose sleep at night >:[

Very few big upsets this year. Seems like everyone who's supposed to win does.

Italy are probably into the semis too, since they're up against either Switzerland or Ukraine next. Good news is that they then face either Germany or Argentina who should dispatch them with ease. Bad news is one team out of either Germany, Argentina or Italy are almost certainly in the final already. Bad year for the underdogs, is what I'm saying.

What The **** That Penalty Was A ****ing Joke

EDIT: Shit like this ****s me off... Holland and Portugal yesterday was full of utterly shite calls as well

It's emdemic in European football.

Italians, Spainish, Portugal all play dirty tricks. It's how they're brought up to play. You play the rules.

the rules need to get tough and start hammering out suspensions else they're gonna get played like fools consistantly

I feel for you Australians, i could cry for you, i dislike Italy too it wasn't a penalty and you just got turned out a huge opportunity. Gus was hoping to take it to ET and bring on tall fresh legs to destroy a tired Italian defence, which i think is his strategy, but you just got unlucky. You guys played with honour and passion though, so all the respect to the Socceroos.

Coop said:
Ok , that it's your opinion.
But I disagree. Both teams were bad in terms of being "twats", and I actually think that the Dutch team was worse ( Heitinga not giving the ball back for example). We took our chances and won. It's not like we dove and got a penalty out of it. And we did play with a man down most of the second half, and lost Ronaldo ( in a very nasty foul by the Dutch player I might add).

Certainly I put England as favourites, since Deco and Figo are suspended, but I find the English team very uninspired in this competition. I think we can win the game. I must say the Dutch looked a better team than England.

I'll agree you with you there.. we haven't been at our best so far..

EDIT: Yeah muchos respect to Australia - you've been great fun to watch so far - and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfjchQ8h4DI

Hectic Glenn said:
I feel for you Australians, i could cry for you, i dislike Italy too it wasn't a penalty and you just got turned out a huge opportunity. Gus was hoping to take it to ET and bring on tall fresh legs to destroy a tired Italian defence, which i think is his strategy, but you just got unlucky. You guys played with honour and passion though, so all the respect to the Socceroos.
thanks, and it's great to see a country who doesn't play 'dirty' .. i guess it's just because we're new to the whole international scene, hopefully in the future our players won't resort to some of the scum seen in matches.

oh yeah, in my angst i've posted a story on digg, so if you feel it deserves a digg, feel free to do so.*

* just venting, as i was suppose to meet some friends and go out to watch the match with thousands of others, it was raining and we just stayed @ my house and wastched it - so i would be out there rioting (;)) but since i'm not, digg, forums and my blog are my outlets.

But we have the players who can produce pure awesomeness from no where.

So who's going for who next game?

I'm wanting Ukraine to win.

Sorry all Swiss :)

**** this World Cup, I've had it, not watching any more. Games are decided by refs.

Well ****. I just got back from watching the game on a huge screen in some bloody park with about 20,000 other people. Whatever that park near federation square is...

Disgraceful ref decision. Cheating Italians. Cheating is part of their culture. Mafia, corrupt Italian leagues, 13 players in the national squad part of the corruption investigations..

cheating bastards

Mr-Fusion said:
Well ****. I just got back from watching the game on a huge screen in some bloody park with about 20,000 other people. Whatever that park near federation square is...
how was it down there after the match ? heard there was a tiny bit of rioting going on and other things.

such a disapointment, we go this far than we're out of the world cup because of some lame italy player and a stupid ref, gg.

i'm going for switzerland* > ukraine.

* fixed; thanks raxxman.

I was 2 meters from a brawl. Some Australian born and raised Italians decided to start a fight with some Aussies. It was bad because nobody could just walk away due to the size and density of the crowd. Cops appeared about 10 minutes too late and they all fled like the cowards they are.

Ehh after that it was fine. Great atmosphere.

It's annoying to go out on a bs decisions because you don't know how high you could have gone. Potential was snuffed out through bs.

I think I'm rooting for the Ukraine, if only because there's a Ukrainian band that I like and also because I once knew a really nice French guy who absolutely despised the Swiss.

If it comesto the crunch though I'll be happy just for whichever is the stronger of the 2 teams to go through, because I'd like to see Italy and some of the other bigger teams challenged (ie. beaten).

Let's hope that this match goes against the grain and doesn'tget decided by awful refereeing. Even the commentators are dropping into the habitof taking the piss out of the officiating in this WC.

The Italy-Australia game was messed up. That ref should be imprisoned for the decision to give the spaghetti monsters a penatly in the 93rd minute. The guy tripped on an aussie, nobody did anything wrong!

The Monkey said:
The Italy-Australia game was messed up. That ref should be imprisoned for the decision to give the spaghetti monsters a penatly in the 93rd minute. The guy tripped on an aussie, nobody did anything wrong!

That's also what I saw. The Aussies deserved more. They played very good.

Is the Switzerland game any good? Can't be bothered to watch the 2nd half coz the first one was boring as hell tbh.

Even less is happening in the 2nd half. Ukraine just missed a close header, but that's been the only chance for ages. Not the greatest game for a neutral.

I don't think either of these teams are going to beat Italy.

God Damn it Australia lost due to some stupid ref. :(

Weve been plagued with idiot refs the entire World Cup...

Boring game, but on the bright side the refereeing's been pretty good. There are idiots collapsing left, right and centre and he's not even giving fouls, hah. The players must be confused as all hell.

Hey whats up with the exchange of jerseys after a match? Who does it, because I noticed that only a few players on each team do it.

bryanf445 said:
Hey whats up with the exchange of jerseys after a match? Who does it, because I noticed that only a few players on each team do it.
Its because they are all gay. They want the sweat of the other players for after the game. You know, their alone time.

The Monkey said:

That was the biggest bullshit i've ever seen in my life. :frown:

Kouler said:
That was the biggest bullshit i've ever seen in my life. :frown:

Mmmm. It was like the Australia-Japan game, only reversed, more tense, and totally unfair. :(

That was the worst decision evah, and an awful way to end a good competitive game :frown:

Way to take a dive Italy.

Check this out, this is how "close" Grosso was to Neill when Neill tackled him
waytodiveitaly6wz.jpg

And add that with this gif. Watch how he puts his foot back down infront of Neill instead of lifting it up over him when he has the chance.
italydive5qy.gif

Perfect 10 out of 10 from me. Not even the tinyest splash of water. Thats some good diving.

You’ve got to say though, yeah, it was a dive, but the Ozzy player was a bit stupid for lying on the ground in the first place, if he'd stayed on his feet no way would the ref have given that. So the Ozzy player helped the Italian to dive. It's not as if he got the ball either, he simply laid on the ground infront of him.

mortiz said:
You’ve got to say though, yeah, it was a dive, but the Ozzy player was a bit stupid for lying on the ground in the first place, if he'd stayed on his feet no way would the ref have given that. So the Ozzy player helped the Italian to dive. It's not as if he got the ball either, he simply laid on the ground infront of him.
Exactly. If I was the striker I would've dived too.

Well it's almost time for Brazil-Ghana. Let's hope this will be a fair match where football will be played as it's supposed to be played.

actually he went in to block the cross. The Italian played for it in every way shape and form. If FIFA actually wanted to stamp out diving they'd start by throwing him out the world cup. But you know they don't

I'm of the opinion that nothing really justifies diving. If a player is on the floor in front of you, you step over him - simple. It's a contact sport after all, and the excuse that someone's body is lying vaguely in front of you is no excuse to go flying. It's about as acceptable as clipping a player's heels when he's one on one with the goalie or punching the ball off the line as a defender. It's just trying to get an advantage for your team by playing the game the way it was never meant to be played. Unfortunately it's a lot harder to spot than other blatant infringements of the rules, and this fact gets exploited by machiavellian Europeans and people with no honour or sportsmanship.

Raxxman said:
actually he went in to block the cross. The Italian played for it in every way shape and form. If FIFA actually wanted to stamp out diving they'd start by throwing him out the world cup. But you know they don't

It was a poor from the australian defender, even if the Italian hadn't played for the foul there was no way the Ozzy defender was blocking anything with that lunge, he went down way too quickly. You can't justify what the Italian player did, but the Australian player allowed him to do it.

Ghana played well.

Back