2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Rooney kicks someone in the balls post-challege in front of the Ref, straight Red Card

As much as i want to defend him as a united player, standing on an opponents balls is always gonna be a red.

Dunno, it looked to me like it was inadvertent. The referee only started going apeshit and reaching for his cards once Rooney started shoving the Portuguese monkeys around.

i really don't care for england or mind them, but i hope portugal loses, they're quite lame. :x

Rooney didn't do squat. He was being yanked back and looking to find his footing.

Ronaldo has dived like a little girl.

Extra time, to their credit England are at least holding on and they had a fair number of chances that almost made it.

Crouchy and Hargreaves are playing a blinder. I really hope we can seal this in extra time because I'm not as confident as the commentators that penalties are going to go well for us. Plus if we do lose on penalties then it means one of our guys gets demonised Southgate style for a few years, and I don't think any of our guys deserve that. They're working pretty hard.

****ing hell, the last few minutes have destroyed my heart.

Evo said:
Rooney kicks someone in the balls post-challege in front of the Ref, straight Red Card

You can't really fake stupidity and downright foulplay like that. :frown:

You do realise that Rooney had his back to him and was just trying to get his footing?

Or thats what I think happened.

TIIMMYY said:
You do realise that Rooney had his back to him and was just trying to get his footing?

Or thats what I think happened.
I agree. The referee was standing there for a while and just had his arm out signalling for a Portuguese free kick. Until everyone else jumped in and Rooney shoved someone I don't think there was going to be any card.

Rooney lost it, the idiot. If he'd played it calm we'd be fine. Although, Crouch has been brilliant, fair play to him for picking up the work of two men really.

Well done England, they played better without Ronney.

Penatlies, fingers crossed.

I can't watch. I've literally turned off the ****in' TV

AUGH ****...now portugal miss...so much on hargreaves *VOMITS*

.........YESSS

this is pathetic; portugal are pathetic, all they do is dive. :|

****ing Portugal. Hate the ****ers, and I'm not even for England..

Hear the commentators babbling on and on now about how England can't do penalties. And what were they urging the team to play for since practically half time? Penalties.

Execute all commentators. Then all diving scumbag Portuguese.

Also: Retake. Wtf?

Back