2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Damn, the Italians go through. I thought they were better than Germany, but they didn't even deserve to be in that game.

I'm glad Del Piero scored though. It seems like he's been in the Italy squad for ages.

Wow that was the best match of the world cup imo. Too bad Germany lost, I wanted them in the finals. Hats off to both teams, they both played great

Well done Italy.
Commiserations Germany.

I feel privileged to have watched such a classic game.

A true classic.

baxter said:
Well done Italy.
Commiserations Germany.

I feel privileged to have watched such a classic game.

A true classic.

QF****ingT.

I cried a little when Italy scored. It was so emotive ;( :)

This match has taught me one thing. I picked a really, really bad time to go for a dump. :(

Replays please!

Fantastic game from both teams and the referee. Truly great to watch. I'm happy with the end result, Italy's game today was un-Italian, very offensive and well played out.

Watched it all, it was a good game, but not thát good to be classic.

Came back from town for extra time, perfect :D

Wanted Germany, but neither team deserved to lose in the end imo. Two very well crafted goals by the Italians, well done to em

Shit game, and not because I was for Germany. It was just ****ing boring up until the last minute. Seriously, they should shove overtime up somebody's ass and just go straight for the penalties when the 90 minutes are up. Nowhere near a classic.

As for the actual goals... kudos to Italy. In the end, they were playing better and Germany didn't seem to be giving it the same push as they were before. The first goal was enough. But the second. That was abusive. Insult to injury.

The bright side is that all my friends' respective teams are now out, so none of them will kill each other.

1duitslandwint.jpg

Schade Deutschland, alles ist vorbei alles ist vorbei!!

:D :D

Wow, I can't believe I missed it either. I was in the park. Altho one pub in the park erupted at one point, so by calling around a bit I found out what happened. Waiting for the re-run now.

Tinneth said:
Two Amazing Goals

What A Game.
;(
stupid work till 10

Shakermaker said:
Wow, I can't believe I missed it either. I was in the park. Altho one pub in the park erupted at one point, so by calling around a bit I found out what happened. Waiting for the re-run now.
lol yeah same here was walking by a pub with a girl from work on our way to the train and i just heard this massive cheer from inside, all the italian smokers outside ran in, one guy fell over, was teh funnay!

Great goals, esp the first.

Can't wait for sunday. By the way things are going Italy will prolly play France. That's gonna be some match.

jimbo118 said:
lol yeah same here was walking by a pub with a girl from work on our way to the train and i just heard this massive cheer from inside, all the italian smokers outside ran in, one guy fell over, was teh funnay!

lol You funneh irish with non smoking pubs.

C'mon France!

Never thought i'd say that, but will win the 256 World Cup sweepstake i they win :D

Well no one predicted Italy in the final. I have to take my hat off to them, they've quietly got on with it, implementing a good defense and team work which has got them this far. They now have a chance to win the World Cup for the 4th time.

yeah i certainly didn't think Italy had what it took to get this far. their defense has been phenomenal this tournament though.

those were some sweet goals at the end. I think had they gone to PK's that Germany would have come out on top.

To be fair, Italy have had one of the easiest roots, they faced the Ukraine in the Quarters which is an easy a game as you could have hoped for. But facing the host nation in the semi-final would be daunting for any team, but they took it will and scored two excellent goals.

mortiz said:
To be fair, Italy have had one of the easiest roots, they faced the Ukraine in the Quarters which is an easy a game as you could have hoped for. But facing the host nation in the semi-final would be daunting for any team, but they took it will and scored two excellent goals.
Yeah true. After beating Australia with that dodgy penalty they pretty much had a free ticket into the final four with that game against Ukraine. Really, virtually any team in the competition at that point could've beaten Ukraine.

After all it really should've been a game between Australia and Germany;(

Which Australia would've lost regardless of how well we would've played.

It was a good game too. They were both trying to score unlike some of the boring 0-0 games before it.

France - Portugal in a couple of secs. I am rooting for the French. Allez les Bleus! Allez Zizou!!

Back