3rd preload here

P4boy said:
its just finished preloading and the message said a locked copy of HalfLife 2 is now on your computer.

Does this means thats the lot?

Hey, it said that the last preload.... they are teasing us left and right!!!

JPack said:
Yes, it's likely.

Thus far, we only have 2.4 GB worth of data. HL2 is ~3.5 GB.

The .gcf files are uncompressed.

Yep, at least one more preload is comming with the maps and all the other stuff remaining. I hope the next preload will contain one answer for the doubters: HL2 themed multiplayer maps.

Cybernoid said:
Is this another retailer release date, or just wishful thinking?

I think it's the latter, since two weeks is not even close to release...

/Ford

Inanimate said:
Well that would make sence since the candidate release will be in like 5 days or so.. even if it goes gold the day after that, there are still 2-4 weeks before the game has been released anyway.
We´ve got like 2 more friday´s to expect preloads on..

/D

It amazes me that some people still believe the 15th to be RC day, why should it? Since NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING that Valve have said so far has been true, why should this be?

/Ford

Ford the Word said:
It amazes me that some people still believe the 15th to be RC day, why should it? Since NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING that Valve have said so far has been true, why should this be?

/Ford

I understand what you mean, but that's not very logical. Plus they were planning to send the release candidate to Vivendi in August, so this could be the real one.

Seppo said:
I understand what you mean, but that's not very logical. Plus they were planning to send the release candidate to Vivendi in August, so this could be the real one.

I would in fact call this more logical, since it would follow standard Valve procedure, saying one thing and then not doing it.. They said they would send the RC to Vivendi in august, ok, so they didn't. They said they would send the RC to Vivendi on the 15th of September, ok, so they probably wont. It's not that I really do care if they wont, what I care about is that they still can't hold their mouths shut and simply do it either way. They will only enrage people in all other cases.

/Ford

Valve isnt gonna release anything but gabes toxic gas from him sittin in the bathroom too scare you bastards away from asking questions

Back