95% sure I've found Easter Egg in E3 2004 video - Opinions

I

inert

Hi all - I posted this hl2fallout.com so if you visit there you might have seen this.

In the ~700MB E3 video right at the beginning in the station some guy tells you about not drinking the water cos it makes you forget (@02:05). I might be wrong but it looks an AWFUL lot like Doug Lombardi to me. He's there again about half way through the video looking out of the window in the apartment (@12:53).

I mentioned this back in May when the video was first released but thought nothing of it then.

post #97 here: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22668&page=7&pp=15

Just want to get your views on this as no one has mentioned this before. The folks at hl2fallout agree with me on this, what do you think?

Look at these pics:

Attachments

• dougs.jpg
    dougs.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,602
wow, that does bare a striking resemblance to Mr. Lombardi. Nice find! :thumbs:

E-mail Gabe/Doug and ask? :)

Wow I never noticed that before, amazing!

blahblahblah said:
Close resemblance, but the cheek bones don't look right.

Video game representation? HL2 looks CLOSE to how people really look, but it's not perfect.

The resemblence isnt that bad, but I thought they said easter eggs were in the 2003 video not the 04 ones. Or did I miss something?

I know, its a hidden message. If you visit valve and drink their water, you will forget that there were so many delays! And that looking out of winows is uber fun!

holy $hit dude, it's DOUG LOMBARDI! HAHAHAHA~

dudes, i wonder if there is a hidden gabe newell in the game.

it's a white guy, with short dark hair...that's the only similarity to me...

isnt that guy sitting at the table in the apartment talking about the door the same guy too......

The drunk npc in the apartment video resembles a toothless bum in my home town.

If the charachter in the game repeatedly told you September 30th was still on, then I'd probably believe it.. talking about water makes me suspicious.

That doesn't look like him. Remember the characters are based off of real faces, so maybe they BASED it off of Doug. :)

I doubt anyone's going to figure out the E3'03 easter egg until somebody has played through the entire game. One of those things where you go back to the vids and say "Man, I can't believe I missed that! ... Wow, HL2 looked so much WORSE back then!"

thiers an easter egg in the second strider part in the e32k4 video. can any of u find it.

Impulse147 said:
thiers an easter egg in the second strider part in the e32k4 video. can any of u find it.

Ruby. I win!

Wow, I never took the time to see the resemblance :p Great find! :thumbs:

Impulse147 said:
yes. yes i can... ill just give everyone else a chance to find it.

Hmm, from this article: http://www.halflife2.net/index.php?page=article_vs_general and specifically the question below...

I don't know when the article was written but he does say "There's at least one Easter egg in the videos that no one has noticed yet."

Metal Gear Solid 2 had name tags for dead people of some selected fans. Have you ever thought of doing something like this (incorporating fan names) into the game somehow? If so, can I be Dead Scientist #42?

Gabe Newell: There will be some surprises in the games. There's at least one Easter egg in the videos that no one has noticed yet.

..it indicates that the easter egg is of the same kind as that in MGS. A name/person/real life stuff. But who knows :)

They all do that.

The doom marine is based on one of the artists in the videos, and Carmack is modeled into one of the crazy bald scientists....

Back