95% sure I've found Easter Egg in E3 2004 video - Opinions

Shuzer said:
Video game representation? HL2 looks CLOSE to how people really look, but it's not perfect.

Really Huzer, OMG it's your seventh thousand post anniversary !

happay 7 kay :D
Do you think easter eggs in HL2 will be picked up by those that played the first, followed the development of hl2, both of those, or neither?

What kind of eggs do you think they'll be?

looks like a completely different person....

The ingame character looks a bit older than Doug, but it's a close similarity. I wouldn't be surprised if they based that guy on Lombardi though.

If we ever see him in the full game, i'll beat him up with my crowbar.

Maybe it's symbolic, a metaphor to Doug's actual life if you will. He drank some water one day, and forgot the real release date for HL2 so he just said Sept 2003 and hoped for the best.

No really, I don't care when the game is released. Could take another year for all I care, as long as it's finished in true Valve manner. :)

so... in what way is this the easter egg again?

Although it does seem like it is Doug, or at least his likeness...I'm pretty sure they did say it was in the 2003 videos

i wouldnt call it an easter egg, more like they just used doug as one of the 'faces' for hl2.

Well, it's possible.

Remember the lockers in HL and that Dr. Newell door? ;)

Who's to say that Doug wanted his chance in being the game and he got it.

Doug should have been modded into the game as a street preacher and have him babble on incoherently.

lans said:
Remember the lockers in HL and that Dr. Newell door? ;)
There's also a novel--The 37th Mandala--written by Marc Laidlaw in Gordan's locker.

-JeZ- said:
Doug should have been modded into the game as a street preacher and have him babble on incoherently.

Actually doug should have been the main enemy in the game - nothing would satisfy more than unloading a full MP7 clip into the marketing manager of valve.

Just kidding doug, if you are reading this. ;)

guy in the appartment doesn't look anything like Doug...the guy on the train station might but the quality of the video is too poor to be sure.

Orange said:
What kind of eggs do you think they'll be?
Chocolate, obviously.

On topic : I think the facial texture might be based on him, but the shape of the head is completely differented, apart from being distorted by the angle of the video. That said, with the system for blending faces to get unique faces for all NPC's, it's bound to have "strikingly similar" people, and at this image quality...you just can't tell for sure they're even supposed to be the same person.

I also remember that the 2003 vids were supposed to have the eggs, but that doesn't mean the current ones can't have any ... couldn't spot that lambda symbol either, probably overlooked it.

And to the post below : No easter eggs have been confirmed AFAIK? Or in other words, it might have been the FU, but that was a pretty obvious joke...

Anyone who says it doesn't look like him is, well, wrong.

Guy in the game has more facial hair, and looks a bit more grizzled, but that's the only real diffference.

The other strider video 'easter egg' was Gordon using the gravity gun to pull the letters F U off the building and shoot them at the strider, right?

My 'easter egg' theory was about the much-discussed 'medical' gobbeldygook text-- that maybe (if its not just a buncha made-up scientific/pseudoscientific discourse) suggests maybe the whole thing is going on in Gordon's head. Hackneyed, I know, but just a thought.

Nice find, by the way.

The ingame img on the left looks like the guy outa 'Fast Show' and the one on the right looks like Steve Buscemi tbh

where were the easter eggs in the 2003 video? i really dont understand what this whole easter egg thing is, if some1 could please explaine that would be cool

I can't wait for the actual game to arrive. It'll mean I can push all of this type of garbage out of my head and make room for something new and worthwhile.

I also thaugt it was the F U on the videos, but an easter egg is much more cooler than that. I'll go for the toilets.

toilets is my best guess, but didn't gabe say something about the toilets not being the egg? As for the guy being doug lombardi's digital self... i dont think they look alike at all except for having the same hair colour...

Shuzer said:
Video game representation? HL2 looks CLOSE to how people really look, but it's not perfect.

Yeah, but Valve could always send Doug to the nearest plastic surgeon so the game becomes fully realistic. :rolling:

Yeah, except easter eggs aren't usually supposed to be funny or astonishing. They're just little things that some people will notice. Kind of like a joke that you have to be "in" on, you don't understand until you find out what it's about.

The only similarity between doug lombardi and that guy is: They both have tan skin, short hair and are male.

Doug Lombardi has a widows peak, and has his eyebrows higher up on his face
The guy has a staight hairline and his eyebrows are extremely close to his eyes

Big Fat Duck said:
hello? anyone want to prove me wrong?
No, i don't because i couldn't give a shit.

I'll leave it it up to someone who may give a shit.

inert said:
Hi all - I posted this hl2fallout.com so if you visit there you might have seen this.

In the ~700MB E3 video right at the beginning in the station some guy tells you about not drinking the water cos it makes you forget (@02:05). I might be wrong but it looks an AWFUL lot like Doug Lombardi to me. He's there again about half way through the video looking out of the window in the apartment (@12:53).

I mentioned this back in May when the video was first released but thought nothing of it then.

post #97 here: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22668&page=7&pp=15

Just want to get your views on this as no one has mentioned this before. The folks at hl2fallout agree with me on this, what do you think?

Look at these pics:

Doesn't look like him.

totally does look like him! They would need to many polygons to put gabe in the game tbh.. w00t

I think that Valve said there was no april fool despite the fact they intended to do it.

Back