Adrian Shepard is a member/officer in the combine.

• Thread starter Mr.Magnetichead
  • Start date
M

Mr.Magnetichead

Adrian Shepard MAY be a member/officer in the combine.

Think about it, it makes sense, weve seen all the returning black mesa people already right? But We HAVNT seen Adrian Shepard.

Adrian Shepard was abbandoned in Xen, maybe because he was dangerous to GMans plans, maybe because the whole thing has been organised by GMan.

Anyway Shepards there, on Xen, he comes across Xen entities or whatever species inhabits where ever he was transported (the alien aspect of the combine). he strikes up a friendship with them and they plan a revenge on earth after the nasty stuff weve done to xen.

Thats how adrian shepard can return.

shepard.jpg

Would you make a boss enemy, or what? Bosses aren't really Valve's style. If you made him just an ordinary grunt though, that wouldn't be appropriate either. I don't know how they would work that in.

Yes, you're right. What I meant to say was end-level bosses sort of thing. It's pretty much the big end game boss/bosses and that's it. If you didn't find Adrian, when would you see him? His own expansion pack again? That would be pretty cool!

Dagobert - what boss is there in Blue Shift?
And in any case, I doubt Adrian'll return in THIS installment of HL2 - maybe as an expansion, if anywhere - because whilst lots of characters DO return, it's only ones from HL1, not anywhere else.
Besides, the idea of him striking up a beautiful friendship with the oh-so-friendly inhabitants of Xen seems a but far-fetched, no offence. They were always so MEAN. Personally I don't think the G-Man simply left Sheperd on that Osprey ride through space...

At the end of Opposing Force it fades to black and says:

Subject: Adrian Shepherd

His original evaluation obviously being at Black Mesa, his next one being in the next expansion pack.

There apparently was confirmation of some HL2 expansion packs.

Confirmation is needed though because the news was fan-related.

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead
Think about it, it makes sense, weve seen all the returning black mesa people already right? But We HAVNT seen Adrian Shepard.

Adrian Shepard was abbandoned in Xen, maybe because he was dangerous to GMans plans, maybe because the whole thing has been organised by GMan.

Anyway Shepards there, on Xen, he comes across Xen entities or whatever species inhabits where ever he was transported (the alien aspect of the combine). he strikes up a friendship with them and they plan a revenge on earth after the nasty stuff weve done to xen.

shepard.jpg

The combine are obviously your enemy, and i think Adrian was supposed to be a good guy. Even though he came there to be given orders to kill everyone. Besides, adrian killed a lot of aliens too.. In fact he killed most things....i know i did.

You've made this topic sound like this is the solid truth, which it isn't. Try to phrase them more speculatively next time.

Originally posted by Rossell
There apparently was confirmation of some HL2 expansion packs.

Confirmation is needed though because the news was fan-related.

Gabe said there will be a HL3 so expect another cliffhanger ending to 2.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
The combine are obviously your enemy, and i think Adrian was supposed to be a good guy. Even though he came there to be given orders to kill everyone. Besides, adrian killed a lot of aliens too.. In fact he killed most things....i know i did.

Yeah msot things including the science team members.

Did you forget why he was there in the first place?

Originally posted by Abom|nation
You've made this topic sound like this is the solid truth, which it isn't. Try to phrase them more speculatively next time.

No....

Well buy me dinner and we'll talk.

yeah, lay off him. He wrote an opinion, it sounded like a fact. So what. whats does it mater ?

I dont care if newbies go around saying that he IS a member of the combine. Its their problem. tbh i think you being a bit power hungry on these forums m8. I think you should calm it a bit.

just a bit of advice, people dont seem happy with the situation atm. just my opinion. Do what you want.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
yeah, lay off him. He wrote an opinion, it sounded like a fact. So what. whats does it mater ?

I dont care if newbies go around saying that he IS a member of the combine. Its their problem. tbh i think you being a bit power hungry on these forums m8. I think you should calm it a bit.

just a bit of advice, people dont seem happy with the situation atm. just my opinion. Do what you want.

There's a difference between writing "Adrian Shepard is a member/officier in the combine" and "Adrian Shepard may be a member/officer in the combine". The first can be misleading for people, yet the second shows that this is just speculation, and not fact.

If you're unhappy with my moderating, talk to Munro about it. I'd love to know who these other people are, though.

The mods are way too anal here imho.

If they want friendships to happen and a real community to grow they need to give a lil leave way.

dont take it the wrong way m8, I have alot of respect for you, i have been on these forums more or less every day since the same time you have much in the same way as you. There is nothing drasticly wrong with the forum. But you should give people a little more freedom thats all. No one likes to see their threads bashed.

And I certainly dont want to contact munro. I like you, you do your job. I just think you do it a little too much thats all :)

I'm not bashing it, I just wanted Mr.Magnetichead to know that there's an important difference between the two. I haven't forced anything upon him, it was just a recommendation. And yeah, thanks for the praise :)

i'd like to see shepard join forces with gordon in HL2 or HL3 (you'd call it Gordon And Adrian, there're back and this time its tag team style)

ok that wasnt great input to the thread but i was bored :(

Originally posted by Punzz
ok that wasnt great input to the thread but i was bored :(
Why not? It was about as valid to say as anything anyone else has to offer around this forum.
But personally, I preferred being Adrian the anti-hero (even if you weren't allowed to be as evil as you should have been able to be) so another OpFor style expansion'd be nice but I have serious doubts about any involvment Adrian might have with the Combine.
But then, what do I know?

No worries. We're here to discuss the game, and that's what you were up to. People can be mighty napalm-happy around here sometimes. Especially when it's un-necessary.
Besides, you're a fellow Brit. Even if you ARE a Scouser ;)

Well in Opfor, Adrien never actually got the orders to kill the personel at the black mesa as he had been shot out of the sky before that happened.. For all intents and purposes i saw Adrien as a good guy trying to survive. Also i doubt the g-man would strand him on Xen as the last time i checked Xen was not the ideal place where "no harm can come onto you"

I believe that Adrien was kept on Xen in isolation or stasis or something, not just stranded.

I agree about the Xen part - it really would make no sense to leave him there.
But he should have been at least given the opportunity to be more evil (although Otis does, at the beginning mention that you were there to kill kill kill) and more gung-ho. Maybe this time, seeing as there's better squad AI.

Re: Adrian Shepard MAY be a member/officer in the combine.

shepard.jpg

I would absolutely love that to happen. It would also fit in with my theory..

The Combine are basically the G-Man's elite soliders. Both Adrian and Gordon were taken in due to their excellent abilities shown throughout the Black Mesa incident.

So, Aliens come again and the earth is in danger. The G-Man sends out his Combine, but tells them (BM style) to eliminate the Aliens and either capture or eliminate witnesses (this would fit in with the fact that the Combine are enemies to Alyx, and that in one of the screenshots they were taking men prisoner). Of course, Gordon doesn't like this, since he saved people like this in the past. So he rebels, which is why the Combine are your enemies in the game. Adrian, who didn't care about survivors or whatnot in the original game, doesn't care, and so continues working for the Combine.

And of course, the Combine are enhanced with Alien tech since this is the G-Mans style.

Think about it, it would be cool. Gordon and Adrian would be like the two 'big guns' in the game.

Even if Adrian is not in the game, fear not. Someone (if not Valve) will feature him in a mod or expansion pack.

Interesting theories. It looks pretty certain that at one point Gordon rebels against/breaks free (but not dressed in drag) from the G-Man's employment. But I have a feeling he'll end up as the G-Man's bitch by the end once more...

I don't think the G-man is in with the combine, I mean why would he organize an attack force against them if he could sabotage them from within??

As for Shepard, I'm a bit scepticle about him being kept on xen but regardless of where he has been kept (could be the same place as Freeman, as he has a couple of years missing memory) I really hope he comes back into it, I really wouldn't want such a powerfull character to go to waist.

If the combine are controlled by the G-Man's elite soldiers, then whats to say that some of them aren't alien anyway. If he was putting together a group of the best soldiers he could find, some of them may be alien.

I think we all need to back away from the assumption that the combine are the bad guys. Gabe has said that the player starts out not really knowing what side is right or wrong. Yet despite saying that, every screenshot we've seen shows the combine in a negative light. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that they aren't bad at all.

They're just leading us on...

First thing. Some of you need to study my signature.

Second, I belive that Adrian Shephard was more of an accident. But the G-Man saw his ability to "adapt and survive" in the BMRF and kept him for safe keepings.

Now that is where all my opinions stop. Sci-Fi or not this game has too many twists and turns for me to be at the least bit sure on anything.
But Shephard being related to the Combine in some way does not seem too farfetched.

Originally posted by Mitoboy
First thing. Some of you need to study my signature.

You want us to proof it for mistakes? I don't think he was called Adraian ;)

*mumbles* little.... I am talking about the last name.

I think we all need to not allow Mr.Magnetichead to post any more topics. Now he's just coming up with crap.

Originally posted by eyesore
I think we all need to not allow Mr.Magnetichead to post any more topics. Now he's just coming up with crap.

The ironic thing is Ive only ever seen you post about how much I post.

I rarely post, and when I do its when I get tired of something being said, etc.

Well ya know what, I don't see anyone else in this thread complaining.

I don't think we'll be seeing Adrian Shephard in HL2. Remeber that Opposing Force was an EXPANSION PACK, made by a company called Gearbox Software. Companies that do expansions for other companies' games generally have a lot of autoonomy when it comes to content. I personally think that Valve took a long hard look at some of the stuff coming out of gearbox and said, "this is shit," just look at Blue Shift.

Why do you think we haven't seen any HL2 screenshots of OpFor's mysterious "Race X" aliens?

Because introducing a whole NEW race of aliens into the Black Mesa Incident was a stupid idea. Why didn't Gordon see any of these "Race X" aliens? The resonance cascade only opened a dimensional doorway to Xen, not everyfreakin' dimension in the universe. Oh, and the final boss of OpFor was THE lamest thing I've ever seen in my life. In general, I found OpFor to be not only derivative of HL1, copying many aspect of the original, but also a good example of lazy game design.

I really believe that Valve is abandoning the OpFor branch of the Half-life story, as "unofficial." Sorry guys no Adrian Shephard.

oooh ooh I'm complaining! Well...not really. I just like the attention.

Personally i think i'd like Adrian as more of a good guy than a bad. Somehow it just seems more fitting. If anything i'd see him as someone who would try to meet up with gordon. If you remember in opfor, all adrian ever does is hear about the infamous gordon freeman and catch a quick glance. You'd think that after being in cold storage for a few years you'd get a bit curious as to who this Gordon was.

Whats are you smoking, OpForce was great and the new creatures rocked.

Whats are you smoking, OpForce was great and the new creatures rocked.

I'm not saying that the new creatures weren't cool to fight, indeed they were. They just should have been part of their own game. They don't make sense within the Half-Life story arch. I would be VERY suprised if "Race X" aliens (or Adrian Shephard for that matter) played any part in HL2.

Back