- Afterwards - A Half-Life RPG: Sign-Ups

"Ive got a few biscuits in my pack, but thats about it. Shit, Mul, he got headcrabbed and went blind i left him behind a rock over there so he didnt get in the way"

Name: Jeromy Franchesco

Nationality: Italian

Occupation (former/current): Salesperson for the Fcuk cloathing brand

Physical Description: Jeromy is a very average person, medium build, black hair, brown eyes, but quite quick on his feet. He is also very good at persuading people to buy things they don't want to.

History: Jeromy was born in the City of Florence, one of the art hubs of the world. His upbringing was a fairly smooth one and he attended Florence Univercity studing Performance Music on the Violin. After completing the course he did another 3 year course in commerce. Once he completed this course he applied for a job as a sales assistant and quickly became a sales reprasentative after showing his great persuasion abilities. He was also a member of the Florence Fencing and Shooting clubs and has his own rapier and 12 gauage shotgun which he sometimes takes traveling with him. He was last seen by his friends before he left to try and introduce the Fcuk brand to Ireland. Then the Combine invasion occured and he was captured and held prisoner in one of their outpost camps.

Abilities/Skills: Good Fencer, Average Marksman, Persuasive, Never experianced and actual combat situation. Excellent Musician. Quite educated

Motivations: He has know idea of the scale of the invasion and just wants to get home to his family, no matter what it takes. He thinks that the combine are just humans, mabye americans and has a distrust in most people because of this.

Hows that?

*whistle* "Holy crap, how is he still alive?
*reaches ove for the biscuts*
"Mul should be ok, from what i know the 'crabsgive out a large dose of blue stuff which blinds the victim and shuts off all movement, but i've never seen someone survie it, so he might not regain his eyesight...
"I'm going to check on the sniper that i took out,ever had combine ractions? And the rifle that guy had might be good."

"nah, and i dont really fancy it, but a guys gotta eat. I'm gonna go get Mul, we'll meet ya here in 15 minutes."

Stefan's Actions
He ran to the tower looking behind him to see if he could see Mul. Climbing faster than any sane man would he leaped into the sniper tower and kicked the bloodied mess that was the sniper before searching through his combat gear.

--What does this guy have? Any food... etc. Stefan will take anything that he thinks is useful. Also will i still be able to ride yonder bullsquids with Mul and Shaun??

Shauns actions

He retraced his steps with imense speed and agility, to make sure no one else saw him. He dove headlong into the mud beside Mul.
"Stefan got that b*stard, we've gotta move now."
nothing
"Get up you son of a bitch"
this time he added a slap round the chops, this time it worked. Mul came to, and they set of back to the hut.

sweet, how was it? (can't remeber why you were away.)
Check the last few pages (14-17) some cool plot lines, and action... lol,it's not that good.
Welcome back

Twas pretty good. Singapore for 5 days, Malasia (sp?) overnight then off to Bali for five days. Its too damn hot in all three countries but it seems brighter in Aus, And the water taste disgusting in Malasia (sp?) and Bali (no offense). Infact i got sick from something in Bali and im going to assume it was the water or something becouse everyone else in the group was fine except for me and another who actualy drank the water.

Well its late at night as you could tell from my spelling and grammer, Night.

meh,he'll atke his time, and Iamthemonkey has to post his actions...

Uh, sorry, I've been on the MUD for a while... sorry, I don't have time right now. I'll be back later.

Name:Konstantin Vladilenov

Nationality: Russian

Occupation (former/current): Student, but he dropped out at the age of twelve to prove to himself that he can live on his own.

Physical Description: Konstantin has brown halflong hair, and darkbrown eyes. He has a bump in his nose, is about 6 feet and four inches tall, muscular and slow.

History: Konstantin was born in a rich family, and had everything he could wish for. Yet he felt he didn't belong there, and he dropped out of school when he was twelve and ran away to see the real Russia, instead of this perfect world he saw. He was petrified the first months, outside there wasn't a thing that didn't shock him, and he learned to survive. He stole from shops, and broke into other peoples houses. Then, when he was sixteen, the 7 Hour war started. He survived, and traveled with other survivors to England, and from England throughout Ireland.

Abilities/Skills: Stealth, not requiring food for a couple days, picking locks.

Motivations: Revenge, Konstantin fought side to side with a girl during the 7 Hour war, but she was taken by the Combine. In the hope that she's still alive, he's gathering information about major Combine bases everywhere.

Whew, sounds like a story on itself.

(I know the Motivation bit is contradicting with the game, as it's mostly played in Russia.)

ask Jintor nicely if you can join, but we've had a game running for about 30 -40 weeks...

(hey guys: how long has it been going for?)

I'm back, I'm back, I'm back!

Sorry, i'm in the middle of a rescue operation on the discworld MUD, but i think i can still type here. Just one minute.

Shaun (DL)
A noise... You swing your rifle around, nearly braining a man - unmasked, biologically sound, and more importantly non-threaterning. 'Who the hell are you?' you ask, a bit threaterningly, your eyes on Mul as he says 'Who's there, Shaun? I can't see a damned thing?'

*D.L be a bit more respecting to Mul. He's blind, you know :(*

Stefan (EvilSloth)
You search the corpse of the sniper. A couple of clips of ammo, for his sniper rifle... you look over the railing and see the weapon dashed and broken on the ground below. No, pass. What else? A couple of food tickets - a gold watch, most likely looted from a house below - extra gloves - a photo of a woman and child, obviously pre-combine era - a picture of a face. A man's face. You glance at the bloodied mess of meat that used to be the sniper.

Kent (Iamthemonkey)

Shit, shit SHIT! Ian just charged the guard! You've got your SMG, what the hell are you waiting for?

Death?

Jeromy (Darkwolf)
A combine prison isn't the best place to start your day. Gunfire isn't the best alarm clock, either.

The site of a slowly swinging and above all open door is a welcome site, however. There is a long corridor, splitting into two corridors heading right and left at the end. The sound of gunfire ricochettes from the left hand corridor...

Kostinov (Boogeymanx)
A man. You blink a little, and focus. A man... with a gun. OK, then, more focus needed. You hear the words '...are you?' as another voice says '...damned thing!'

You really gotta stop taking that stuff, not in the middle of a war...

Can do
Shauns actions

"Mul, i'm here buddy,you alright, sorry about smacking you but you wouldnt get down"
he stared at the new character and asked again
"who the hell are you?" thrusting the gun into his face.

*now i know what MUD is! (could you PM me a link? I wouldn't mind being in one)*

Stefan's Action.
Glancing at the gold watch, he set it to what he thought the time was. His hands greeted the Gloves as they had been turning blue for the last few days. Before climbing down the ladder he looked at the dead sniper and shuddered.

"I did that... He had a wife, a child. Just the different sides of the flags."

*when he hits the bottom of tower, he'll be going to check on Mul, Shaun and to his dismay, Kostinov. Just if you want to know were he'll be going*

Jeromy quickly sits up from his uncomfortable slumber on the wooden board of a bed. He was awoken by a lound noise from his door and look at it. For some reason it had swung open he quietly gets up and moves to inspect the door. It appears that the lock had been shot open. Lisening he could here gunfire somewhere in the building.

He runs quietly down the corridor and checking for signs of Combine, heads of down the right for.

- d

ps. can u check your grammer????

The site of a slowly swinging and above all open door is a welcome site, however. There is a long corridor, splitting into two corridors heading right and left at the end. The sound of gunfire ricochettes from the left hand corridor...

wtf? lol

Iamthemonkey said:
just a note. Kent was the one who charged and got shot in the leg, not Ian.

God damn. I keep forgetting that.

Also, i note that 'site' is spelt 'sight'. Hmmm.

(Pssh: Konstantin)
Konstantin's actions
"Wh..what?" Konstantin mutters while trying not to fall down.

Konstantin falls on his knees while retching.

(Yeah I know not much, I've only done this once befoire)

I'd love it if you let me join but I won't cry if you don't, but if you do let me join can you give me an idea of whats happened where your working me in, thanks.

Name:John Basilone

Race:American

Occupation (former): Marine Demolitaions Expert.

Physical Description: Well built 6'4" 154 pounds, black short hair, Atheletic

History: Enlisting in the Marines at age 18, he became a Demolitaions Expert and in his rec time learned to fly the helicopter that often carried him from base to base, and would later carry him into battle. He fought in the Seven Hour War for about an hour before getting orders to help those in Europe. However enflight a Benefactor's ship shot down his plane over Ireland, he was the only surviver.

Abilities/Skills: Demolitaions, Helicopter Pilot, Urban Operations, Survival

Motivations: To help the resistance and figure out what happened after the Seven Hour War after having his communication cut off. (Long term) Wishes to get back to the USA and take back his hometown (Danville, VA) from the combine and the wilderness of Xen.

"@#$%!!!" exlaimed Kent clutching his leg "remind me never to take another bullet for ANYONE!"
Both he and Ian were behind the console, the Cps behind them taking random pot shot to keep them there.
"We can't stay here long. We gotta escape quickly"

Sorry tired.

I give in, I give in already!

Shaun (D.L)
You stand back as the man collapses on the ground and starts to throw up. What do i look like, the local nurse? you think as you glance at blind Mul, then at the man on his hands and knees.
'Look, mate,' you say, offering him a hand, 'if you're here to kill Combine, then we could use a helping hand.'

Stefan (Evilsloth)
You climb slowly down the ladder, reflecting on life, the universe, and everything. By the time you hit the earth again, philosophy is no longer your concern... because you can see, in the distance, 3 men, one on his hands and knees. And a CP lurking behind a house, drawing his pistol...

Kent (Iamthemonkey)
Warning. All Combine Personel Report immediantly to bay 42. Repeat. All Combine Person... the echoing, mysterious voice of the local combine radio-head bounces off the walls all around you. Risking a peek around the corner, you notice the guard has followed his computer-based instructions, desisted from shooting you and is now marching stiffly down the corridor.
(Lambada is GM controlled until he gets back from doing whatever he's doing.)

Jeromy (Darkwolf)
You dash down the right-end side corridor, passing locked doors and computer terminals all around. A announcment over the prison P.A. comes in. Warning. All Combine Personel Report immediantly to bay 42. Repeat. All Combine Person... You stare at the wall.

Bay 42.

You're screwed...

Kostinov (Boogymanx)
Retching. You gaze into the puddle at your knees, disturbed and sickened in about equal amounts before realising that the man who thrust the gun in your face is holding out his hand, apparently still waiting to help you up.

John (Calscholar)
You're not sure that ambushing that CP was the best idea. Well, it wasn't the best idea to wear his helmet, you decide. But what better way to get inside their base? You slowly draw your pistol and peer around the side of the hut, taking in the view - two men surrounding one, on his hands and knees, retching.

(Konstantin!!!Not Kostinov!=(. Unless the GM is allowed to change names.)

Konstantin's actions

Konstantin grabs the hand, trying to avoid his vomit as much as possible.
"Thanks", he muttered, trying to avoid their half-worried, half-suspicious looks.
His legs still shaking, he tried to stand straight.
"Is there a Combine base somewhere around here?", he asked, speaking English fluently despite his accent.

Shauns actions

"yeah there is, or was, a base around here somewhere, theres been a big fight so i'm not sure if it's still around" he glanced towards the snipers tower, checking to see if Stefan had got down yet. "Look we've got to wait round here for one more, Stefan he's called, and this is Mul." He said pointing to the blind man standing next to him.

Name: Peter Gaughan

Race: Human, Irish

Occupation (former/current): Ironsmith/builds makeshift vehicles for the resistance (e.g. airboat, buggy etc.)

Physical Description: Of slightly above average height, with a muscular upper body due to physical nature of work but showing some signs of wasteage from malnutrition. Hair prematurely greying but still has a streck of black. Wears regulation jumpsuit normally so as not to attract attention but has makshift armour for metalworking cobbled together from slavaged parts. Bears scars from defending home against xenofauna and xenoflaura.

History: Developed a keen interest in metalwork as a child and set up own business after five year apprenticeship. Moved from basic girder work up to more complex work such as iron beds and structural reinforcement as improvements in machine technology replaced him in basic jobs. No children and lost wife during portal storms to headcrab. Says putting her out of her misery was the hardest thin he has ever had to do. Prone to depression ever since. Began to help rebellion by builidng vehicles after witnessing the combine us headcrabs as weapons in their artillerty bombardment of a nearby town. Now lives near what was formerly Cork city and struggles to hide from combine forces while figting off the remaining xenoflora and xenofauna. Will not associate with combine in any way, including joining Post-201.

Abilities/Skills: Skilled metalworker. Can construct makshift weapons from metal parts such as crowball, metal club, makshift stunstick if stunstick powersupply is obtained and flamethrower using fuel siphoned from explosive barrels and petol canisters. Cannot, however produce firearms. Strong and good at melee fighting due to long experince figting headcrabs/zombies etc.

Motivations: Revenge for the death of his wife is main motivation. Has not been drinking drugged water supply so remebers past clearly and feels anger at the downfall of human society. Blames everything on combine soldiers and Breen etc. knows little of alien overlords as he does not hear Breen's speeches out in his hideout.

(YAY, 2nd in the list...)
*Stefan's Action*
"I was never good at Football (the Australian Kind)"
He walks slowly while muttering to himself, pulls out .357 as he starts running towards the CP. Stefan crashes into the CP as he hits the man with the but of his pistol.

EDIT: What's the max number of People we can have in the RPG? Cause we have a few applying, thanks the Jintor's Sig.

sorry about that still new at this
John's Actions
John deicides that he needs to find out whats going on so he begins to walk over and find out what's going on as a CP.

*note: you don't know my actions, so that post dosn't work*

Darkwolf, make it up. (your environment, that is, so long as it fits into the context of a prison).

Also, remember to try not to change your decisions based on other people's posts, because that would be akin to mind-reading. Or something.

Also player limit of 10.

Thanks for your time.

"Stercus Stercus Stercus Moritus Sum" Jeromy thought again and again. "I gotta get outta here" he thought. He ducked through the door to the stairwell and ran up the stairs. When he reached the top he could hear the clatter of combat boots at the base and ran out the 3rd floor door....

Back