Another visit to Valve

gh0st

Reaction score
I took a look around this forum (where I honestly rarely go) looking for some of your questions, and I've found some good ones. What should I ask? Edit: Oh, I will be going next week.

Ask what's coming next for Steam, what kinda things they're planning to add to it. Oh, and while you're there, remind them that the "Pause all updates" and "Limit network usage" in the Steam Monitor have never worked ever, and it's really time to make them work or take them out.

Demand to know when the CS:S beta starts ;) lol

Can the crossbow pin people on walls like in Painkiller?
Can you pick up a sharp object with the manipulator and impale enemies with it?

Try and get them to give you confirmation or some kind of hint that HL2 has a multiplayer mode.

Find out if you can about DoD:S. Try and weezle a screenshot if possible.

And yes, find out when the hell the CS:S beta will be preloaded!!

Ask them how much hours of game time should be added to the "roughly around 36 hours worth of game time in all." I heard Valve said the HL2 single player is longer than expected.

Ask them to release it early just for you. :p

on a more serious note, ask them what the box art really is.

PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PIC OF THE WHITE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or die...

i think onboard error wants a picture of the whiteboard.

edit: the thing they put clues on.

a video camera. i dont have one. i can make mini videos with my digital camera though :) ill have at least 512mb of media.

Yes. Please, record you playing the game if you get to playtest it :)

Also, could you PLEASE ask about the Binks? If they still plan on releasing them? If HL2 could go gold next month, they really have very little time left to release them..

CS:S beta, how Valve feels about Doom 3's gold announcement, and the usual. Oh, an of course pics with the sexy man himself. :E

Will gabe allow you to take pictures or movies of HL2? I think gabe might be a little paranoid on that

maybe hl2, but people have taken pictures of cs:s etc.

Yeah ask steam questions:

What's next for steam?

Will you expand the steam coding team after hl2 release?

Is Bram Cohen working on a bittorrent implention into steam?

Will there be some kind of online account management, to keep an eye on cd-keys subscriptions and etc.? If not propose it to them(just remember to say that it should be a different password from the usual steam password)

Is there any plans right now to distribute others games(besides codename gordon), like vampire: bloodlines?

Will we see discounts on the steam games so it doesn't actually pay to buy it in a store?

YEs, BINKS PLEASE!!!!111 Oh and make sure you take loads of snapshots esspecially of HL2 and Cs:S

Wow another visit, I wish I lived close to valve. Anyway see if you can squeeze any info out about Team fortress 2 though I doubt they will say anything.

JESUS GOD, you people getting to go! It makes me want to move to Washington! :D

1) Whiteboards
2) On a scale of 1 to 100%, describe the graphics, honestly, I don't want "100%" if it isn't kick ass ;)
3) If you playtest it, do the same scale for gameplay.
4) Have some fun and don't listen to us ;)

whats all this bink stuff you're talking about? videos of what?

gh0st said:
whats all this bink stuff you're talking about? videos of what?
Extremely high quality version of the E3 2004 videos.

Last year there were 12 or so BINK videos released. BINK is a compression format like DIVX but better imo. Looks like the game is actually playing on your comp.

Please O please can you ask about TF2 and or HL2 MP....granted Im sure they may not tell you anything, and if they do they will ask you not to release any info...but if you did ask and they told something then maybe you could tell us in your own opinion how well the two will be instead of just hearing vavle employess talk about how good it is!!!Thanks Bro :cheers:

Just have a good time visiting them gh0st. There is no better place for a fan of Half-Life 2 to visit (obviously :p). Just enjoy yourself, have a good time, and tell us about how awesome it all was when you get back ;)

Remeber you can rent digital video cameras, its not that expensive either for just the 1 day of use.

Whats the white board? Also, bring extra cameras incase you run out of film or memory

plz ask for ONE DOD:S screenie or something DOD... i am really intrigued by it but there is like no info on it

The white board will tell us many things about the game's progress.... and what they are currently doing...

I'll try to make a nice, neat, comprehensive list of questions:

1) Are all of the ports updated graphically? Another relevant question - we heard that HL:Source would have some changes gameplay-wise to accommodate the physics and other capabilities of Source - is this true for every port to Source?

2) When can we expect to see the binks?

3) Since specifics will never be divulged until the game either goes gold or hits the stores, ask very specifically if indeed a HL2 multiplayer exists outside of the ports being made. Don't ask any more, because they'll probably just grin and be quiet. :)

4) Because they probably won't give you any specific information, ask if TF2 has guns. They'll probably get a kick out of that.

5) Pertaining to steam, ask about anything interesting that might be happening (like the implementation of bittorent into steam, steam coding expansion, etc...)

6) Ask if you can see DoD:Source - hey, it never hurts to try (well, sometimes).

And above all, have fun. Don't forget the whiteboard. :D

Back