Another visit to Valve

OnboardError said:
lollolo9lllololo

You know you're not making a very good representative of HL2 World.. Stop being an ass.

Please make a nice review of you`re trip and don't sound lakie an ass.

Also remind them that Doom 3 has gone gold...

I would be curious to know if they have decided on materials for the Collectors edition, or by when they plan to have that information finalized.

On a more practial note: I would also like to know if they are planning to offer the Collectors Edition over steam, and how they plan to deal with the physical extras. I would love to support valve directly on this, but I will be buying the CE one way or another.

kelerain said:
I would be curious to know if they have decided on materials for the Collectors edition, or by when they plan to have that information finalized.

On a more practial note: I would also like to know if they are planning to offer the Collectors Edition over steam, and how they plan to deal with the physical extras. I would love to support valve directly on this, but I will be buying the CE one way or another.

I don't think CE over steam will ever see the light of day..

Six Three said:
I don't think CE over steam will ever see the light of day..

hey.. its possible to order it over Steam.. whether it happens or not is a different story.. but its not something thats impossible for Valve to do.

booogerhead said:
4) Because they probably won't give you any specific information, ask if TF2 has guns. They'll probably get a kick out of that.

haha i was thinking of asking something like that.

gh0st said:
haha i was thinking of asking something like that.

dundundun! This is a job for Willdoman!

ask them about the baby pic in gordon's locker in hl1.

edit: Oh , they probably have few x800xt there, check on how much fps it works. and tell us :DD...

Dready said:
ask them about the baby pic in gordon's locker in hl1.

O yeah i forgot about that hmmm..... does gordon have a son....or did he just think he was a dam handsome baby!! :LOL:

ask gabe if he wants us to paint his house or something, because well do it if it gets the game out sooner. hell, well do it for a bink, how about that.

hey just wonderin. is it that easy to get a tour of valve. just to call them up and ask, perhaps i should email him. i live maybe 30 min from Bellevue... how did you get a tour? i might just have to make an appointment?

oh yes and im curious about the whiteboard thing and the first test and that kinda stuff.

Keep asking "What about TF2? What about TF2? What about TF2? What about TF2?" all the time. When they leave the room, follow them until they tell you something or throw you out of the building.

Mr-Fusion said:
Can the crossbow pin people on walls like in Painkiller?

This was already answered by Gary to Eat fresh. The corssbow arrows are small and can't pin enemies to the walls. Or at least that's what I've heard.

kelerain said:

This will most likely only be a chance if you get the 10$ subscription(If they even make one).

Because if you do buy the 10$ subscription, Valve will promise you new exclusive content each month, so the collectors edition material should be possible to get through there.

That can be a question as well :p

SubKamran said:
JESUS GOD, you people getting to go! It makes me want to move to Washington! :D

1) Whiteboards
2) On a scale of 1 to 100%, describe the graphics, honestly, I don't want "100%" if it isn't kick ass ;)
3) If you playtest it, do the same scale for gameplay.
4) Have some fun and don't listen to us ;)

Wait a second................I live close to Washington.............. :eek:
To bad I'm a good for nothing Canadian :(

Ask them where the binks, benchmark, SDK and HL2 is :D

Then ask them to add a map with water to the CS:Source beta, for my benefit ;)

Ask it in a flattering way like "oh wow, the water in Source is so beautiful, it would be great if you could give us a map with water in for the beta"

You never know, it could work ^^ :LOL:

kaf11 said:
ask gabe if he wants us to paint his house or something, because well do it if it gets the game out sooner. hell, well do it for a bink, how about that.

Whoa whoa whoa....slow down. No one said anything about manual labour :p

Ask them about MOD teams and how they are going to support them.

Ask him how large his package is...

Nah, seriously though, get engine specifications (The max-players set in HL2 and CS:S and the possible limit, see any changes and get a definit answer to the sooner).
Ask if people will, or how, be able to make money off a mod they create, and if VALVe would take any of the profit.
Ask about more engine specifics, like max resolution possible, and what it's capped at in-game, what it could be used for outside gaming circuits (If you get a time to ask this question).

Stuff like that. Try to clear out other questionmarks you've seen on the boards. Thx :)

Regards
Dead-Inside

yeah dead, those are some things id like to know too. though i want to keep the questions down to.. not that many, i know how irritating it is to have people asking you a million questions.

im going tomorrow, should be fun.

Ye, wish I could go.
And I agree... You kind of tend to take the 'most wanted' questions :) But try to get if there is a HL2 MP (I already know there is cuz I'm not a moron, but most ppl here seem to stand insecure).

Dead-Inside said:
Ye, wish I could go.
And I agree... You kind of tend to take the 'most wanted' questions :) But try to get if there is a HL2 MP (I already know there is cuz I'm not a moron, but most ppl here seem to stand insecure).

I don't really care for Hl2 mp, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be Half-Life 2 deathmatch or something.

Wow, all these interviews, videos, visits to Valve this is just so God damn awesome!!

[/end sarcasm]

Man I'm bored with this game....:rolleyes:

iamaelephant said:
Wow, all these interviews, videos, visits to Valve this is just so God damn awesome!!

[/end sarcasm]

Man I'm bored with this game....:rolleyes:

And THANK YOU for sharing that with us! :thumbs:

gh0st said:
yeah dead, those are some things id like to know too. though i want to keep the questions down to.. not that many, i know how irritating it is to have people asking you a million questions.

im going tomorrow, should be fun.

Gh0st, if you can, would you please ask Valve about the status on TFC:S?

Thanks in advance :)

I guess the only thing I have Ghost would be to get as much info as you can to clear up the HL2 Multiplayer controversy. At least something a bit more definitive from Valve as to whether a "native" HL2 MP exists rather than just CS:S being the MP for now.

But above all - enjoy the hell out of yourself :)

Ask if its possible to make a hole in the wall. Like, you know, like in Hammer and that.

[/humourous Willdo reference]

You should definitely make a new thread with info on your visit when you get back. Do you know exactly when you are going to post the info you get?

One thing I would ask is pleeeeease get some better pics than Dilldo... I mean Willdo (sorry) did. Instead of getting like 30 pics of Gabe get some pics of something actually useful. I'm sure you will get much better info, it's obvious you know much more than Willdo does, so no worries. Just thought I would add my input.

Azrael. said:
Dilldo...

hah.

ill make a writeup on it depending upon how interesting it is the day i go. ill probably post it on http://promisedland.halflife-2.co.uk or www.halflife-2.co.uk as this isnt the most convenient place to post, and if all goes well ill have a LOT of pictures. probably sometime around 3-4 PST.

yeah and it looks like i have a much better camera than he does, and ill see if i can get some vid's as well.

Ask them if the expansion will take place from the Combine soldier's point of view.

Smawg said:
Ask them if the expansion will take place from the Combine soldier's point of view.

Alyx's pov :p

Back