Another visit to Valve

get a pic of the screen when you play hl2 (if you play it)

or take a pic of a screen when somebody else is playing.

just take some pics nobody else has yet :D

above all else, have fun.

gh0st, enjoy the trip. And try to bring a 1280 x 1024, with 2 x AA and AF pic with everything maxed out screenshot of any thing from HL2.

Ask if the casings from the weapons stay or dissappear when they hit the ground. I must know!

They'll probably stay for a short while, but for preformance will fade out... That's what I'm guessing (Those round tubes can be pretty CPU intensive in high amounts)

ok well im leaving right now. ill let you all know how it comes out in a couple hours :)

Can you post a link to your write up when you come back.

Solid_Raiden said:
Ask if the casings from the weapons stay or dissappear when they hit the ground. I must know!

Theres a brass stay command in half-life, set it to some astronomical number and ur problems solved :S

Hyperion2010 said:
mirrors, what about mirrors, will they be in the game?

even if they are, you won't see Gordon's reflection.

... Why wouldn't there be mirrors in a city? Doesn't mean you'll be seeing a whole lot of them though, but there is always reflective water.

Dead-Inside said:
... Why wouldn't there be mirrors in a city? Doesn't mean you'll be seeing a whole lot of them though, but there is always reflective water.

It just won't reflect you.

Fair enough. :)

/me hopes this doesn't turn into another "I wanna see Gordon!" thread

Shouldn't he be posting stuff within the next 30 minutes? He said 3-4PST.

Shuzer said:
Also, could you PLEASE ask about the Binks? If they still plan on releasing them? If HL2 could go gold next month, they really have very little time left to release them..
In the "Info From Valve" thread, I believe Rick Ellis said they're more interested in shipping the game than releasing the Binks.

Mountain Man said:
In the "Info From Valve" thread, I believe Rick Ellis said they're more interested in shipping the game than releasing the Binks.

I asked that before they released that information :)

looks like he was really enjoying himself and decided to stay longer!

I look forward to the write up!

Woah, are you doing a right up or something? Writing a book? :p

God damnit if he doesnt get any DoD info, doesnt seem like anyone of those who visit Valve ever get some... DoD info :naughty:

I think mirrors should reflect you. I would be more immersive (if thats a real word). They said its because YOU are gordon freeman, i dont know about you vampires, but i can see myself in a mirror.

Oh, I hope he gets a good picture of the golden crowbar! And the front desk! I can never get enough screenshots of the front desk! I love the pics of Gabe and his food splattered shirt. :hmph:

But really, when was he going to be posting news of the trip?

pixartist said:
did't read the last pages...when will he go/come back?

I think he's back already and we're waiting for his posts.

hurry up and post :D

im hoping the longer he takes, the more information he has to write up (which can only be a good thing)

and take a look at my sig for what not to take pictures of lol

Back