Are there any Armaments that aren't in HL2, that You think should be added?

Originally posted by DOOManiac
Why have 5 different assault rifles that all basically do the same thing? o_O

I want a damn shrink ray, like Duke Nukem used to have. Best. FPS gun. ever.
The Sig-552 doesn't nesecarily do the same thing as most automatics. It has a built-in scope. The OICW has a grenade launcher that is meant to be replacing the M203, and it has a computer.

I'll admit a lot of weapons is good, but like having many of the same type of gun isnt neccisary. That was one of the good things about HL. There were no 2 weapons of the same class.

But one more thing. The crowbar is a object to the world right?
If it was a broomstick for instance wouldn't it break on impact?

thb i'd rather gd old fashion bullets, compared to a huge f**k off laser gun which impales their victims on a beam of light causing them to explode, and their head fly 50 feet in the air before exploding in a huge fireball engulfing everybody within the area. But hey, thats just my two cents. :D

i think some sort of harpoon type weapon would be pretty cool.. it could use halflife's material system to check what it could stick to and what it would bounce off of. Also you could nail things, people, monsters and whatnot to walls

I would like ALOT of different grenades. Frag, Flashbang, Smoke, Concussive, EMP, Incendiary, Toxic, *Nail-grenade* as mentioned before, Implosion/Black hole grenade (would work almost like a mini-black hole which would warp your vision à la the Strider übergun) + many more

P.S. when a Combine soldier throws a grenade after you, shouldn't you be able to knock it back at him as the crowbar is an object?

when gordon hits the nade with his crowbar its gonna blow up in his face not repell back.

Noooooo, grenades are timed. well most of them, actually depends on the grenade. But most nades are.

personally i'd just run the hell away from afore mentioned grenade before it blew my ass up

Originally posted by Dsty2001
.50Caliber Magnum :D

Yeah, that would be cool. Well, I would say a Deagle and a Famas. Maybe the MP5-navy...Ahh..So many choices.

yah so many choices to make it into a CS clone.....

hell with deagle(aka the gun in every game) and in with RagingBull 480 5shot.

after seeing the hydra stick through the combine in "tunnels" its very possible to make a rail/nailgun. if aliensVSpred can do it and noone lives forever why not the greatest game ever ?

The M1911-A1 should be in HL2. However, it's 107 years old. And the OICW should be replaced by an M4. But there are to many games with all that.

i agree that the 1911 could be in....but not the m4.....

i dont know why we cant have a little originality.......

Yea, CS, SoF II, Half-Life HD version has the M4, so I was thinking of the AK-107/108/109 with the GL

i'd love a g36

and bejesus christ, enough with the damn desert eagle
it's a show gun, nothing more

ever fired one? it's not pleasant or effective

G36 with a scope on?
And same here, I don't like the Desert Eagle
But, if HL2 had a G36, there would be no need for an MP-7.
A gun that MUST be in HL2: SW99(IMO)

Double pistols, just so that you can look damn cool gunning down your enemy.

Too bad the CS elites are so weak, I just use them to take the piss, but a decent couple of pistols would rock.

I wonder if you could make models with geat big leather flowing coats? </matrix>

Dual pistols would be nice, but for Gordon, that would be hard. A pistol is actually heavier than a shotgun. Thats why in movies, you see a guy using two hands.

id like to see something like a plasma rifle or have upgraded shells for the shot gun, something like explosive shells, dont see those used in games much any more. a gattling gun would also be nice. and that quad rocket launcher that was used in the original turok, that gun kicked ass.

of course there would, the mp-7 could be a sub machine gun with a higher rate of fire and less accuracy, as in real life

the g-36 would serve as an assault rifle

i just read through this whole thread....i dont see why people are so obsessed with the guns in CS.....and the same guns in every foking FPS on the market.....

I have no problem with having sci-fi guns...

CS is not real mmmk ...its not realistic AT ALL mmk.........

it will be nice to have some new guns.... i dont understand how people can say they suck and the models are crap......

i say we scrap 5 years of development on the scource engine......we add a new map to cs ..and change its name to cs2...will that keep everyone happy?

I just thought of something. Since there is no confirmed sniper rifle, screw the MSG or PSG...The G11. This weapon is ahead of it's time!

maybe so, but it looks like a suitcase with a scope

huh, just thought of something cool

you seen those rifles the marines are carrying in Halo 2? those would be awsome, and i believe the design was based loosely on the SAR-21 http://world.guns***/assault/as31-e.htm

I'm not a big fan of Bull-pups, but glad to see Asian guns. I'd say those weapons are closer to Israel's TVAR

I'd like to see the Night Hawk (Desert Eagle) which is also an Israely weapon. I don't know if it's already in the game or someone has mentioed it before, but it kicked ass in Counter-Strike... It's a very powerful gun, and I love the blast noise it makes.

oh, sweet jesus....

dude, we're not trying to make a CS clone

also, have you every fired a DE?
it's not a pleasant experience and most definitely is not combat effective at all

it's a show gun, nothing more

Originally posted by Yatta
I'd like to see the Night Hawk (Desert Eagle) which is also an Israely weapon. I don't know if it's already in the game or someone has mentioed it before, but it kicked ass in Counter-Strike... It's a very powerful gun, and I love the blast noise it makes.

it might be powerful if you could hit anything with it...... or fire more than 7 rounds without your hand falling off.....

like was said...its nothing more than a show gun.....

CS IS NOT REAL

if i shot you in the chest with a glock 9mm 3-4 times(even once is enough) ..you would be pretty ****ing dead

Yea, plus, in real life. Any gun would kill you. It doesn't matter if you had a Desert Eagle and if I had a SW99. Just because in CS, it does 90 Damage and a SW99 does 15 Damage, you'd be pretty much dead. But I should be comparing an M1911-A1 w/ a Desert Eagle.
Colt Desert Eagle
7 7 -Rounds
***Dosn't F***ing matter*** -Damage
High High -Accuracy
Best Bad -Overall

i wanna mech, that would be sweet, whoa just had a vision, playing cs2, the level phatness, nailing some guy with ragdoll physics and he shoots into the air...... sweet!

I think the weapons should all take more advantage of the physics engine. For example... it would be nice to see a weapon like an oil can or something. Perhaps secondary fire could set the oil spil alight.
Molitov cocktails would suit the city17 theme well.
Perhaps a weapon that creates a nice barrier shield in front of you, and secondary fire would shoot out the extended shield like a pulse that could throw people/creatures backwards.
A snare gun or better still bolo's (is that the name for them, what the ewoks used).
Or something like a boomerang, something that you had to wait a while for it to return. Or even a spear or spearlike harpoon gun just to see it sticking out of people. It would be nice if there was a harpoon gun that did the same damage as the bowgun in HL1. So it could take things down in one shoot, but you would now have to go there and retrieve your harpoon, or search around to find a new one.

Having said all that it is still nice to use also some conventional weapons. I think also that things like the g36 would also be rather nice to use.

Just a personal beef of mine from stupid CS players.

THE DESERT EAGLE IS AN AMERICAN GUN. IT'S A GIANT, USELESSLY LARGE FIREARM THAT FIRES A MASSIVE USELESS ROUND FOR NO OTHER PURPOSE THAN TO SHOW PEOPLE HOW BIG YOUR DICK IS

Of COURSE it's American.

The IMI did HELP some on the design of the gun back in '81, but the modern Desert Eagle you've seen everywhere was made in Minneapolis.

Which, by the way, isn't in Israel.

Originally posted by Boogaleeboo
Just a personal beef of mine from stupid CS players.

THE DESERT EAGLE IS AN AMERICAN GUN. IT'S A GIANT, USELESSLY LARGE FIREARM THAT FIRES A MASSIVE USELESS ROUND FOR NO OTHER PURPOSE THAN TO SHOW PEOPLE HOW BIG YOUR DICK IS

Of COURSE it's American.

The IMI did HELP some on the design of the gun back in '81, but the modern Desert Eagle you've seen everywhere was made in Minneapolis.

Which, by the way, isn't in Israel.

edit: sorry i misunderstood

Its been said several times that it is not a practical weapon for combat or personal defense

Back