Are there any Armaments that aren't in HL2, that You think should be added?

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Obviously this is going nowhere.

Indeed... i'd still like you to explain this though:

Dual pistols would be nice, but for Gordon, that would be hard. A pistol is actually heavier than a shotgun. Thats why in movies, you see a guy using two hands.

Sure, I said, since pistols are really heavy( My friend held a pistol and told me their heaver then shotguns), it would be hard for Gordon to have duals. But then I started to talk about Titanium guns and that you could hold 2 Titanium guns easier then 1 pistol.

Yeah, But I see what you mean Tredo. But I thought titanium melted when near fire? It was something that made it useless as a material for weapons I think...

It's not like the guns full of gasoline or anything, and if guns had problems like that, they wouldn't of made Titaniun guns.

Cool. Maybe the inner sections are made of something else? Or maybe I'm wrong about the whole Titanium/fire thing :D

*COUGH* if you to have a conversation, may i suggest the irc channel #halflife2 on qnet or pm each other :)

The first person to mention it also said they were Steel-Titanium guns, an alloy. So they're not straight titanium, and the steel would give it some added durability.

Light-weight , I guess would be bad for recoil, the heavier it is, could keep the recoil down.

Not if the bullets are small, but that would be pretty harmless that way...

pff weapons... i'd trade in all the weapons in the game for a wubbly LongJump Module.

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Before you crouch,I'd pull the trigger the instant you jump rendering the Long Jump module useless.

Crowbars and knives should do more damage than pistols in Half-Life 2 because, think of it, a bullet is very small and if you launched a knife/crowbar at the same speed, it would rip a guys balls off.

erm......noo

if a a projectile with the same mass as an average crowbar hit someone at the speed of ..lets say 3000 fps .....there wouldnt be anything left to identify them as human

Sure, I said, since pistols are really heavy( My friend held a pistol and told me their heaver then shotguns), it would be hard for Gordon to have duals. But then I started to talk about Titanium guns and that you could hold 2 Titanium guns easier then 1 pistol.

im sorry but im feeling the urge to call you all kinds of bad names.....

you "heard" from a "freind" that handguns are heavy..........jesus...how old are you?

Tell that to the remaining pros of HLDM ;)

Originally posted by crabcakes66
erm......noo

if a a projectile with the same mass as an average crowbar hit someone at the speed of ..lets say 3000 fps .....there wouldnt be anything left to identify them as human
Not if the guy were to get a sex change-operation after that.:cheese:

( My friend held a pistol and told me their heaver then shotguns)

Your friend is either a) incredibly misguided or b) having you on. There is no way a pistol can weigh more than a shotgun.

Originally posted by crabcakes66
erm......noo

im sorry but im feeling the urge to call you all kinds of bad names.....

you "heard" from a "freind" that handguns are heavy..........jesus...how old are you?
What makes you think this is the time to burn me?

A silenced glock, to make up for the non-usable ones in the first. And personally I'd like to see some sort of revolver, someone mentioned the Raging Bull, 5 shot mag but powerful as teh CHEESE.

Anyway what you talkin about dual pistols? Gabe's already confirmed there are no dual weapons :p sorry.

What about those silenced guns the ninja babes carried in the original halflife? God they were so annoying. pfft pfft pfft 99.9% accuracy

They were silenced glocks like I mentioned, also that pic Tredo posted is the Raging Bull I said about :p so yeah.

Originally posted by SaL
Yeah HL2 needs to have the "OICW' the new infantry rifle the military is developing with Alliant Tech Systems
It does.
Or were you being sarcastic?

Just a little side note about knifes. As a stabbing weapon they are effective against things like body armor (exluding chain-mail, sp?) which might withstand a crowbar blow. So the obvious solution to the crowbar vs knife issue is just to sharpen the straight end of the crowbar and have the best of both worlds :cheers: (so in hl2 you would just use alt-fire to turn the crowbar upsidedown/rightsideup for more melee variety)

.. or how about you just get the crowbar and bypass the body armour by wacking them over the head instead?

D33's a craft fellow. But it'd be interesting to see if there was a secondary fire for crowbar...

I think they should add an anti-material rifle like this one in hl2

http://world.guns***/sniper/sn55-e.htm

hmmm, anyone thought about a minigun? not a handheld, Gordon is a geek, no way he could carry one, but mounted on a chopper or a truck... with HL2s physicks engine, Gordon could cause some real chaos. =)

Originally posted by jayte
hmmm, anyone thought about a minigun? not a handheld, Gordon is a geek, no way he could carry one, but mounted on a chopper or a truck... with HL2s physicks engine, Gordon could cause some real chaos. =)

That would be pretty neat to have a mounted one, but no-one can fire a minigun on its own anyway.

Back